5 64

Forreals man. Girls are expected to do so much; get dressed up even if it's uncomfortable, do their hair, do their makeup, get their nails done, be virtually hairless from the neck down. What do boys do? Y'all shave and get the occasional haircut. You shut up and take what we give you, you ingrates.

rowannes avatar rowanne Yeah You Are +84Reply
@rowanne Forreals man. Girls are expected to do so much; get dressed up even if it's uncomfortable, do their hair, do their...

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure there are plenty of guys who don't care about makeup and nails. I also know quite a few guys who actually don't mind body hair as long as it isn't ape-like. I don't know about doing your hair either. Personally, all I care about is whether or not your hair looks like it's seen a brush or a comb before. But I expect that from BOTH genders. And I guess you've got me on the dressing up part, because guys NEVER dress up. We just like the whole penguin look. And those dress shoes are obviously MADE for comfort.

Oh, sorry. Am I doing this wrong? My bad. Ahem ALL MEN ARE THE SAME AND ALL HAVE THE APPEAL OF FECAL MATTER! MEN ARE ALL SELFISH AND CARELESS BASTARDS WHO DO NOT DESERVE THE AMAZING BLESSING OF WOMEN! DEATH TO THE PITIFUL ANUS OF SOCIETY THAT IS THE MALE GENDER!

@Lanz I can't speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure there are plenty of guys who don't care about makeup and nails. I...

But the thing is, a lot of guys don't realize the difference of appearance these things make. Sure you say you don't care now, but if a girl completely stopped using all the beauty products she usually does, guaranteed you'll notice. And not in a good way. Take mascara. I've heard loads of guys say "I don't care about your eyelashes why do you do that?!" but if a girl actually did stop wearing mascara a good majority of those same guys would find her less attractive.
As for the dressing up, yes, I do acknowledge that men are expected to dress up at times too, but in my experience women are expected to dress up more frequently and more extravagantly than men are. For instance if going to a cocktail party a woman would be expected to wear a dress and heels whereas a man could get away with a button-down and slacks. And I sometimes wear menswear (tie included) and IMO it's much more comfortable.

rowannes avatar rowanne Yeah You Are +4Reply
@rowanne But the thing is, a lot of guys don't realize the difference of appearance these things make. Sure you say you...

But how can you just say "I guarantee you'll notice." as if we all perceive things the same way? We don't. One big difference between you and me is that you see the before and after every time you put on makeup. I don't wear makeup, so all I see is the before. For that reason, you would naturally be able to tell the difference between the before and the after more distinctively. Even though you may notice every different detail of another girl's makeup, guys may not. Guys don't use makeup and don't usually entirely know what it changes, so that's not what they notice when they see a girl. If the change from "enhanced" to natural is so drastic of a change that several guys actually notice, perhaps you were just wearing too much makeup in the first place.

@Lanz But how can you just say "I guarantee you'll notice." as if we all perceive things the same way? We don't. One big...

I don't wear makeup, so your argument is pretty much invalid. I think it's unhealthy and bad for the environment as well as the animals it's tested on. Nor do I know much about it so I can't really distinguish the details of other girls' which I wouldn't care to do anyway. And I don't care who you are you're gonna notice when someone's appearance 'enhances' drastically Image in content.

rowannes avatar rowanne Yeah You Are +2Reply

And please don't misunderstand that I think men are scum. I do not; I have guy friends and I love my father and my brother to pieces. Not to mention some of my favorite celebrities/idols are men. I'm simply addressing the fact that some men tend to expect so much out of a girl, that she actually changes her life for it. Plastic surgery, cosmetics, weightloss.. women tend to do these things in a misguided attempt to attract men, and the sad thing is is that it actually works..

That being said, men are not fully to blame here. It's not only a mixture of pressure from the opposite sex as well as societies standards, but a failure on the part of women as well. Girls shouldn't complain about having to alter themselves if they are going to follow through and do it anyway. "Shaving sucks! I hate that I have to do it" Then don't shave if you don't want to. No one is forcing you to. The only way men will be able to accept the real you is if you do as well.

Okay, I've said my peace. Sorry for the novel y'all.

Guys are expected to pay for food, buy gifts, drive, and when they have a house for you two[ or more I have nothing against polygamy] get a job to pay the bills. All that shit costs money. I don't know about you but if my money flies out the window and it is to please you I might considering leaving you especially since I haven't even mention that some females expect the husband to finacally support the kids of the time.

@Guys are expected to pay for food, buy gifts, drive, and when they have a house for you two[ or more I have nothing...

I personally think that shit is stupid. I would not expect a boy to pamper me and buy me mounds of useless crap and pay for my food. I pay for my own things or split the bill. I have a job. Yet regardless, boys still expect me to wear makeup and always look 'up to their standards'. Women who expect men to do everything for them are just as bad as men who have ridiculous expectations for women and their looks.

As a sidenote: I still don't condone dumping the bill on men, but you DO get higher salaries. Plus, a lot of men get upset if they find out their female coworker/wife/girlfriend etc. makes more than them. All in all, if you don't want to pay for all this shit, DON'T. Tell your partner that you feel your current situation is unfair and that things should be more equal. If they're not willing to hear you out and compromise, then they're a twat and not worth your time.

rowannes avatar rowanne Yeah You Are +20Reply
@rowanne I personally think that shit is stupid. I would not expect a boy to pamper me and buy me mounds of useless crap and...

A lot of girls do expect guys to bring in all the money -_- but usually it's because they don't have the abilities to make money themselves. Guys are usually more ambitious than girls and are more likely to go for tougher higher-paying careers. Plenty of women in powerful careers make a lot of money on their own, but not as many women want to go there.

@SomeEpicName A lot of girls do expect guys to bring in all the money -_- but usually it's because they don't have the abilities...

Haha yeah, I realize this. But if they want to sit there and whine "Buy me things!" to their boyfriend all day, then by all means, go ahead and do so. But they can't complain if they have shitty relationships where the boy treats them like a piece of bitchy meat and nothing more. If you wanted to be respected, you have to earn it.

I don't know what time period you're stuck in, but now-a-days women have jobs too and the house is usually co-owned by both partners. Women buy gifts for their men also, which is hard sometimes to find a gift for a guy. Any of the things you listed could go both ways, but I've yet to see a man have to wear makeup, get their nails done, wax/shave their body (except for facial hair) etc. to please their partner.

@LimeGreenBunny I don't know what time period you're stuck in, but now-a-days women have jobs too and the house is usually co-owned...

What time period do you live in where you haven't heard of a cross-dresser? Most guys don't do that. They may have their reason but personally I would want to be assured that they like me no matter what I look like. Plus it seems like whenever someone does that they are like ''you wouldn't like me in my natural state'' and I get pissed because not only are you trying to tell me my own preferences but you are making me curious and refusing to continue on a subject you brought up.

Lol and then later all those gifts and that money he earns is spent by the woman to get fancy make-up and uncomfortable clothes and razors to shave herself neck-down to please her man.

A lot of girls I see who have decent boyfriends don't wear makeup or get their nails done, and they don't do their hair. They're not expected to either.

Screw keeping men pleased. If we don't feel like shaving our legs they can deal with it.

I_Predict_A_Riots avatar I_Predict_A_Riot Yeah You Are +29Reply

I feel like I'm the only one who's a bit uncomfortable with this post saying "girls" and "men". I'm picturing a 13-year-old girl needing to please a 30 year-old man. hmm smilie

Alright, well how can a guy prevent his attraction to smooth skin?

If you have to shave your legs to please him, he isn't worth it.

@NateTheGreat If you have to shave your legs to please him, he isn't worth it.

Well most guys just think it's gross. I mean I personally don't care if a girl wears pants or whatever that people were discussing above, but a girl with hairy legs is just a huge turn off..

Evan17s avatar Evan17 Yeah You Are +6Reply

Personally, as long as u dont go too long without shaving, Im yours! Im fine with you skipping a few days, but dont turn into an ape.

...only one person caught on to the fact this isn't only about legs.

But I'm thinking arms don't matter too much.

Juless avatar Jules No Way +12Reply

i dont mind shaving my underarms and legs, but when a guy has a hair all over his back, chest and ass....yeah, i dont think so.

SierraSkyes avatar SierraSkye Yeah You Are +7Reply

I've always wondered why guys aren't the ones who shave their legs and wear short shorts. Guys typically have more attractive toned calf muscles; they should be the ones showing off their legs.

Youtube Amanda Palmer. Not all women feel the need to shave for men. Before you ask, no she isn't a lesbian and she's happily married to Neil Gaiman.

I don't think any guy really wants to pick hair out of their teeth.

Besides, have you ever tried masturbating with a full bush? You end up pulling so much hair..

I feel sorry fo girls who don't shave their legs. They never get to experience the feeling of wearing clean sweatpants after shaving.

Am I the only person who doesn't mind shaving? It's kind of relaxing, and everything feels supercool against your legs afterwards

Hmm men aren't attracted to body hair. Probably because it reminds them of MEN!

What magizine did you get this from?

@1432575

Are you quite finished?

Cassandras avatar Cassandra Yeah You Are +4Reply

BITCHEZ IRRITATIN MEH

@1432563

....you can stop now.

@1432639

YO MAMA BE TROLLIN ON MAH DIKKKK A LIK A LIK ALLL NITEE LONGGGG MITHAAFUCKKKAAAAAA.

@1432622

No no, a gaw is definitely a girl while heh is definitely her. Jeez can't you read?

@1432545

the hell does the state Maine have anything to do with this post? Is Maine the #1 state that sell the most razors or something?

WHY YU PUTTIN DAT IN " QUOTES " DAT ST000PID

If I'm forced to put on pants when we go out to eat, then the least she can do is shave her legs. Just sayin.

grovemcks avatar grovemck Yeah You Are -29Reply
@littletank Pants are more comfortable than a dress. "Just sayin."

As shameful as this sounds, I had to wear a dress for a comedy act once. I'm a guy, and that dress was pretty damn comfortable if I say, especially when a bit of a breeze swept under there.
So, by my observation, you wear metal dresses, and are easily offended.

@1432630

If she wants uncomfortable she can wear a suit and tie, a service uniform, or worse, a tuxedo.
No clue how James Bond wore those daily.

@1432605

You're just annoying #thisisnttwitter

Evan17s avatar Evan17 Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Evan17 You're just annoying #thisisnttwitter

Didja hear that? They're gonna go all "NIGGA CRAZIE ON YO AZZ."
...If I were you, I'd watch it. Seems legit to me.
-.-

Cassandras avatar Cassandra Yeah You Are +6Reply

Well, you can wear pants when you start paying for dinner. Just sayin.

grovemcks avatar grovemck Yeah You Are -23Reply
@littletank I pay for my own dinner, anyway. "Just sayin."

A. You're single. B. Your boyfriend is cheap and lame. C. Just sayin.

@grovemck A. You're single. B. Your boyfriend is cheap and lame. C. Just sayin.

A. I'd rather be single and pay for my own shit. B. Since I'm single, I wouldn't have a boyfriend anyway. C. "Just sayin."

littletanks avatar littletank Yeah You Are +11Reply
@grovemck If I'm forced to put on pants when we go out to eat, then the least she can do is shave her legs. Just sayin.

I imagine OP was more directing this at the vajayjay region than the legs. Most women shave their legs.

Anonymous