+671

The expression 'don't judge a book by it's cover' came from times when books didn't have actual covers, now they have really cool pictures and bright colors on book covers. It's hard not to judge, amirite?

1 5

What? How did that expression come before books had covers? The only thing I can think of is of they meant the first page as a cover. But I'm pretty sure books have had actual covers for pretty much their whole existance.

@What? How did that expression come before books had covers? The only thing I can think of is of they meant the...

Yeah, but they mean how they didn't have fancy covers. For example, the 1897 version of Dracula was just yellow and had "Dracula" in red on the front. Of course, you would think it could be boring but it's actually really interesting.

canthinks avatar canthink Yeah You Are 0Reply

Lol that's why books have covers!!!:) to judge them

LittleMexicos avatar LittleMexico Yeah You Are 0Reply

Its, not it's.
It is covers? That doesn't work.

Lots of times that expression applies to people, more than actual books.