+292

Homophobes are REALLY ignorant. How is someone else's marriage gonna do harm to you? amirite?

JJTheDinosawrs avatar
4 31
The voters have decided that JJTheDinosawr is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Is it wrong that I laughed at the "meet gay men" ad below this post?

@Meerkat put it on amiwrong, quick!

I posted the comment before I put it up on amiwrong. lol

I agree, but why did you use the word "ignorant"?

@Whutsurnaym I agree, but why did you use the word "ignorant"?

I think the OP was implying that homophobic people and opponents of equal marriage aren't fully informed about homosexuality and fail to realize that gay people marrying won't affect them in the slightest. I agree that it was poor word choice, though.

@humanrightsforall I think the OP was implying that homophobic people and opponents of equal marriage aren't fully informed about...

But you don't exactly need someone to tell you that other people marrying won't affect you. It's common sense. Most homophobes simply believe that homosexuality is wrong because it's their religion or personal opinion. That just means homophobes are opinionated, not ignorant.

@humanrightsforall Exactly why I said it was poor word choice...

Of course. I wasn't trying to prove you wrong; if our theory of what the OP was trying to say was correct, I was trying to prove them wrong.

Exactly the same applies for abortion. I couldn't agree more.

Spains avatar Spain Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Spain Exactly the same applies for abortion. I couldn't agree more.

whoa chill abortion is a whole other issue and it does affect other people, not just the mother and father. It also affects the innocent child who they are killing.

@...but does it effect you?

your saying murder should be legal becuase it doesn't affect you?

@MURDER IS DIFFERENT THAN ABORTION.

people say it is but what they're doing is killing the baby inside a woman. Your saying that it's not murder because they're only killing a baby? still murder sorry.

@freeweezy people say it is but what they're doing is killing the baby inside a woman. Your saying that it's not murder...

I'm sorry, I thought a still developing small organism did not yet have a brain or could feel pain (similar to killing plants). Late term abortions are something different, but those are quite rare. Murder is more brutal and is done for vengeance, money or power. Abortion is mostly about aborting the child because it is not wanted, the mother is quite ill and could die, or from rape.

@I'm sorry, I thought a still developing small organism did not yet have a brain or could feel pain (similar to...

it doesn't matter why your killing someone it's still killing. If you dont want it, put it up for adoption. I agree that an exception can be made in a rape case or if the pregnancy could kill the mother though.

This is OT, but people need to realize that homosexuality is NOT a choice. There is a cluster of cells in the hypothalamus (a gland in the brain) that are larger in heterosexual males than homosexual males.
-Psychology AP student

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Big_Boss This is OT, but people need to realize that homosexuality is NOT a choice. There is a cluster of cells in the...

Lots of scientific studies with the choice issue. A lot of things are the result of nature and nurture, but I'm more inclined to think that it's nature.

But, I think the main point about the "is homosexuality a choice" argument is that even if it were, that doesn't make it wrong. Two consenting human adults of the same sex in a relationship are no different to two consenting human adults of the opposite sex in a relationship.

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are +13Reply

the thing is, does it actually matter if it's a choice or not? I vote no because it's still not wrong

Voldys avatar Voldy Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Voldy the thing is, does it actually matter if it's a choice or not? I vote no because it's still not wrong

Agreed. But people tend to be less accepting of homosexuality if it was a choice.

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are +6Reply

Yeah I agree, you can choose what you want to do with your life and I dont think people should critic if it doesn't affect them

To those who voted down, would you mind answering me the question?

Well there's no way of fixing it now : And now that I look back iit WAS the wrong word to use ><

You seem to be a bit confused with words, but it's a common mistake. Homophobes are people who have a phobia, an irrational and unexplainable fear, of homosexuals.They could also hate them, but hating and being phobic are two different things. I have a phobia of chewing noises. Does that make me ignorant?

I think the correct phrase would have been something along the lines of "people who hate homosexuals."

And this is news to you?

Lkuns avatar Lkun Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Lkun And this is news to you?

I did think when I read this post "This is a really redundant topic on Amirite" but it was made July 2010.

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Simon I did think when I read this post "This is a really redundant topic on Amirite" but it was made July 2010.

Same, I was going to leave a "We haven't seen this before" comment but then I saw the date. When was the site launched?

Lkuns avatar Lkun Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Simon First post was made by Anthony, August 8th, 2009.

O.o there are 13 pages full of posts saying a similar thing to this post
even worse, there are 23 pages of posts with the words "Justin Bieber girl"

HOLY SHIT! There are 161 pages of posts concerning Justin Bieber.

hooray for originality

Lkuns avatar Lkun Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Lkun O.o there are 13 pages full of posts saying a similar thing to this post even worse, there are 23 pages of posts...

161 pages just for Justin Bieber? Either there are some very sad obsessive people out there or a lot of haters...

People can do whatever the fuck they want to do. But I also don't think a person should be called homophobic if they have to look away or just sit there and cringe when two men make out, or when those gay porn ads pop up...

Anonymous