+315

Your brain is smarter than your own being. For example, Throw a ball up to your eye line, and then let it fall into your hand. Now tell me all the calculations you just did, amirite?

Maxs avatar
13 6
The voters have decided that Max is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Without touching the ball at all, would you be able to tell me where exactly the ball would land if you were to launch it at 25 mph, to your left, at an angle of 78 degrees, with a West heading wind of 6 mph? The brain doesn't do calculations, it estimates the end result halfway through the action based on previous experience. Mathematical calculations will tell everything in an exact way beforw the event even begins, and without previous tests to go on.

The Wise Man's Fear.

@The Wise Man's Fear.

That's what I thought, too.

Poor phrasing in the first part. It's not your brain and you, it's your subconscious thought compared to your conscious thought.

@NiceBoulder Poor phrasing in the first part. It's not your brain and you, it's your subconscious thought compared to your...

Sorry about that. The post is over a year old though. Apparently I was bad at phrasing stuff back then.

Maxs avatar Max Yeah You Are +1Reply