+156

If you're gonna spend ten hours a day playing guitar hero/rock band, why not learn to play the real instrument, amirite?

sestrada16s avatar Music
1 10
The voters have decided that sestrada16 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Because people are good at Guitar Hero/Rock Band right out of the gate. It's simple fun that doesn't take any sort of real dedication. It takes a lot of legitimate work to learn to play an instrument, and it's not fun.

@sestrada16 So you're saying kids now a days are lazy and lack dedication?

No, I'm saying that learning to play a guitar and playing a video game are two separate experiences. Just because someone does one the emulates the other doesn't necessarily mean they are looking for the other one. Going by your logic, people who play Call of Duty or Battlefield should just go join the armed forces.

@Mike_Hawk No, I'm saying that learning to play a guitar and playing a video game are two separate experiences. Just because...

That is a very broad generalization. That doesn't apply here because you can't join the army and shoot at people as easily as you can buy a guitar.

@sestrada16 That is a very broad generalization. That doesn't apply here because you can't join the army and shoot at people as...

It's also not as easy to play guitar as it is to play Guitar Hero. Boom, back to my original point.

@Mike_Hawk It's also not as easy to play guitar as it is to play Guitar Hero. Boom, back to my original point.

That may be true, but you still have not a dressed original point. That being hours of game play could translate to hours of practice.

1) a real guitar is more expensive.
2) it's significantly easier to teach yourself how to play Guitar Hero than guitar. A teacher would also be money from da bank.
3) it's easier to play in general.
4) that person has no real interest in real guitar.

If you're gonna commute in a car decorous hours everyday, why not become a taxi driver?

I've been playing guitar for like 7 years and I'm still god-awful. I can play the shit out of a piano or drums or sax or about a dozen other instruments, but for some reason the guitar is my musical kryptonite. Some people just can't do it.