+460

Eminem is one of those rappers who rap mostly about their life while the other ones rap about girls, weed, and money. amirite?

GreenDayPunkGirls avatar
4 44
The voters have decided that GreenDayPunkGirl is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

This is so stupid.
Eminem raps about money, girls and weed as well.
And other rappers rap about life too.
Stop making judgments based on one or two songs/albums.

@ExcuseMyCharisma This is so stupid. Eminem raps about money, girls and weed as well. And other rappers rap about life too. Stop...

I totally agree!!! Alot of his songs are disrespectful to women and he has songs about killing his wife. He does have songs about drugs too!

@ImTheRealShady the majority of his songs have actual meaning

Well, he's not the only one. A lot of other rappers rap about their lives too, but just because you haven't heard of any of them, you decide that Eminem is the only one who does.

@Well, he's not the only one. A lot of other rappers rap about their lives too, but just because you haven't heard...

i never said that he was the only one and i have heard of plenty of other amazing rappers, but eminem is a genius and his music can be compared to poetry if you look at it from an unbiased perspective. in my opinion, he the best rapper alive and one of the greatest that ever lived.yes, he raps about girls and weed sometimes but like i said he also has extremely powerful and moving songs as well.
i don't understand why comments defending him are getting voted down, we're making completely valid points...

ImTheRealShadys avatar ImTheRealShady Yeah You Are -1Reply
@ImTheRealShady i never said that he was the only one and i have heard of plenty of other amazing rappers, but eminem is a genius...

The reason why people voted down on the people who's defending Eminem is b/c y'all forget that he also talks about other stuff that doesn't make him a great rapper. Like what 'stacilovesyou' said, he talks about killing his wife and making fun of his mother. Also all his albums has at least on or two songs about making fun of a celebrity. If he's a greatest rapper alive then I really lost respect with music.

Eminem has a lot of songs about life, and inspire people all around the world. Most other raps will have 1 out of 40 songs about life. I'm not saying he's the only one. he just does it a lot, and it's why a lot of people love his music.

Kaycees avatar Kaycee Yeah You Are -8Reply

Now this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I liked to take a minute just sit right there
And tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air

Icels avatar Icel Yeah You Are +15Reply

For most rappers, their life is girls, money, weed, etc..

Oh yes. I'm sure 'Ass Like That' talks about his life too. Amirite? :)

@Oh yes. I'm sure 'Ass Like That' talks about his life too. Amirite? :)

that was a joke, not the perverted babbling of a wannabe

@And you know that how exactly?

(Your+name+(optional)): did you watch the 2002 VMAs? you might remember that incident with triumph the insult comic dog..the song ass like that from the point of view of the puppet. he's saying that the puppet can say whatever it wants and get away with it. the puppet can say whatever it wants and its cute but when eminem does it it's offensive. also, the video is just funny and so is the song.

ImTheRealShadys avatar ImTheRealShady Yeah You Are +1Reply

His recovery album is about life..the rest is about girls,sex,and weed.

@848095

that's the whole point, he's a new person now.

ImTheRealShadys avatar ImTheRealShady Yeah You Are +2Reply

Have you never heard of conscious hip-hop? They rap about life and society. Eminem is good, but I would rather listen to Common, the Roots or Lupe Fiasco any day.

@bellenoir Have you never heard of conscious hip-hop? They rap about life and society. Eminem is good, but I would rather...

Thank you! All these guys need to go past what they find on the radio and realize that there is a lot of music that is better than Eminem's crap. Common and Lupe all day everyday.

Stop pretending to know about rap idiot. I can name loads of other rappers who rap a about the non-commercial stuff eg nas, lupe fiasco, biggy etc and enimems songs aren't all "amazing" eg superman, insane, shake that ass for me, etc so shut up.

1) Fuck Bitches
2) Get Money
3) ????
4) PROFIT!

Maybe if you listened to Eminem before his newer songs, you would realise that Eminem used to rap about stupid things.

@... and still does.

(Fuck this, rap sucks): Yes, yes he does.

@... and still does.

(Fuck this, rap sucks): not as much as he used to.

@845527

ono smilie YES, there is rap music like that. get over it. there is also good rap music so why don't you hop off the idea that rap just plain sucks and broaden your perspective? do you realize how narrow minded you sound, judging a whole genre of music based on a group of songs?
if that's how you're going to judge musical genres then only classical, jazz and country are good music.

@845527

Exactly. Rap just sucks.

It's killing chickens and fucking grandmas... getitrite.

I don't think ICP is some great talented band, but they do make me laugh and their shit is unique, that's for sure.

The_Gregoris avatar The_Gregori Yeah You Are +1Reply

So what are you saying, that Eminem's life has nothing to do with girls, weed, or money? He's made quite a few songs on those exact topics.

Ok Eminem, does NOT rap about life most of the time. If you want a rap about life, try Atmosphere.

Oh my yes. The ONLY rapper I can stand to listen to. <3

I know i always loved eminem since i was a toddler to now he is the best.

If all rap was like Eminem, i might acctually like rap.

He has made some songs about money girls and weed but his list is the opposite of others. While their three are about life his six are about money girls and weed.

i think of all the rap giants eminem raps about what is going on in his life with the most sincerity. if he's having a hard time with drugs, he'll rap about it. but like many artists, he has to fit in with the sterotype..

We fuckin' get it Eminem raps about life.
Well, guess what? Most bands make music pertaining to life, politics, the environment, and the state of the world.
So, shut the fuck up about how Eminem "Raps about life" Bands have been doing that shit since the Beetles.

this is like the 10000000 post about that....you know who else raps about LIFE? Insane Clown Posse, and everyone just hates cus they are different and have something TRULY original