+395

Spanglish is annoying. I'm sorry, but it doesn't make you sound any smarter when you say, "vamos a la movie theatero." Ending english words with "-o," does not make it spanish, it's not witty, it's not funny, it makes you sound stupid. amirite?

GypsyJoness avatar
2 32
The voters have decided that GypsyJones is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

You know, that's technically not Spanglish.
Spanglish is a mix of speaking Spanish words and English words at the same time, as opposed to just speaking one language.

i.e.
Hey, donde esta la pluma?
Esta alla, by the table.
Claro?
Si, I think so.

I live in Arizona like 45 minutes from the Mexico border, so Spanglish is a very common thing in my daily life :)

Blerbbbs avatar Blerbbb No Way +14Reply
@Blerbbb You know, that's technically not Spanglish. Spanglish is a mix of speaking Spanish words and English words at the...

Yes, and I can understand that, that's not the annoying thing. I'm from Colorado, and here, many people think adding "O" to an english word is Spanglish, and even worse, makes them sound Spanish when they say it. At least in Arizona people are not trying to invent hybrid words, just mixing sentences in different languages. That I can handle. :) You have no idea how annoying it is to hear over and over, "Let's get lunch, el hungrio." haha :)

@GypsyJones Yes, and I can understand that, that's not the annoying thing. I'm from Colorado, and here, many people think...

Haha, I can imagine :)

And I'm glad that the real Spanglish doesn't annoy you, because it's definitely, like, everywhere :p

@Blerbbb Haha, I can imagine :) And I'm glad that the real Spanglish doesn't annoy you, because it's definitely, like...

haha Oh, totally. I speak real spanglish with my best friend (we both kind of suck at spanish, haha) and an exchange student from Barcelona. That can be helpful when we're practicing, but not, "Turn off el lampo." haha
On a different note, I love Arizona. My family visits Arizona every year. In what part do you live (Near the Mexican Boarder, I know).

@GypsyJones haha Oh, totally. I speak real spanglish with my best friend (we both kind of suck at spanish, haha) and an...

Wow cool, exchange students are so fun! haha :p

Haha, I'm glad you like Arizona, I do too:P
I live in Tucson, which is pretty south-western in the state, and about 2 hours south-west of Phoenix, if you're not familiar with it :)

@Blerbbb Wow cool, exchange students are so fun! haha :p Haha, I'm glad you like Arizona, I do too:P I live in Tucson...

Yeah, that's where we always visit! We stay at the Westin La Paloma. I love that water slide! haha Great golf course, too. You ever been to Colorado?

@GypsyJones Yeah, that's where we always visit! We stay at the Westin La Paloma. I love that water slide! haha Great golf...

Haha sweet! :D
No I haven't, unfortunately. I always thought it would be so much fun to go in winter, though; cuz Arizona doesn't exactly get much snow :P

@Blerbbb Haha sweet! :D No I haven't, unfortunately. I always thought it would be so much fun to go in winter, though; cuz...

haha Yeah, definitely come in the winter. And learn how to ski! You can't come here in the winter and not try to ski. :P One down side to it, though: It could snow two feet and all through the rest of the day, and no one expects school to be canceled. :P

it actually can be funny sometimes if youre just jokin around in spanish class or something

jajaj tu estas funnyo

Ich spreche keinen Spanisch (:

@Ich spreche keinen Spanisch (:

In German. Impressive.

I was gonna say the same thing. The whole 'adding -o' thing is just people being dumb and thinking they're funny. Real spanglish is actually pretty useful.

@I was gonna say the same thing. The whole 'adding -o' thing is just people being dumb and thinking they're funny...

True dat, especially if you are in a situation that requires Spanish and you only know bits and pieces of what you want to say. :]

@618257

No. care for an example? Dog: perro
Water: Agua Lamp: Lampara Good: Bien
Not Dogo, watero lampo and goodo.

@618257

@618878 (Anonymous): a few words are, like 'contacto', 'fantastico' or 'semenario'

@problemo

(.): whatever. so many words end with -o in spanish, admit it.

@618257

BAHAHA. This is so true.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't theatre in Spanish theatro?

...of course, I am probably wrong....

@Deathbubble haha,no,it's cine :]

i'm pretty sure "movie theater" in spanish can be el cine or el teatro. but not theatro...

@i'm pretty sure "movie theater" in spanish can be el cine or el teatro. but not theatro...

El teatro applies more to the theater arts rather than a movie theater though, so its better to just go with el cine, which is a cognate for the english word, cinema.

Encore93s avatar Encore93 Yeah You Are +3Reply

Wow overreaction. I speak chinese and english fluently and am studying french in school. I an hardly be expected to learn to speak spanish too, so i'll continue just jokingly using spanglish thank you very much.

@Deathbubble It's annoying when people are serious about it and do it 24/7

Yeah, Deathbubble, that's what I mean. My friends do it all the time, after a while it gets really old. haha