-378

When you were younger, country music was all you knew existed because of your parents. amirite?

stellar123s avatar
4 20
The voters have decided that stellar123 is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

All day, every day. Except for my brother and his obsession with Nelly. Lol

NO. YOU'RE WRONG. I'm Hispanic! My mom hates country music & my dad (who's Italian & Scottish) hates it too! So... SIT IN YOUR WRONGNESS AND BE WRONG.

@NO. YOU'RE WRONG. I'm Hispanic! My mom hates country music & my dad (who's Italian & Scottish) hates it too! So...

(...): I'm Hispanic as well and that's all I knew before I came to the states..... Oh and awesome combination there, hispanic/Italian/Scottish... Pretty interesting :)

Yup. My dad loves George Straight.

PalindromeIsMes avatar PalindromeIsMe Yeah You Are +1Reply

No, actually. I thought only hip/hop, R&B, and rap existed. I was programmed to think any other genre was for other races. It wasn't until a few years ago I realized I could also appreciate alternative, classical, blues, post harcore, rapcore, metal, rock, punk, indie, screamo, and a little bit of country.

for me it was classic rock and a bit of country. i loved it tho and still do but my taste has broadened and i appreciate every type of music!

Naw, I grew up listening to Jimi Hendrix and the Grateful Dead, actually... And my mom listened to a lot of Green Day, Blink 182, etc when I was like 8.

@351518: Oh...well...I guess it depends which country you've came from?
And thanks (:

@#351243: xD You're super cool then :D

-____- gay phone . *@351243 (last post was for you)

My mom listened to country, my dad listened to classic rock, my aunt listened to heavy metal and my grandparents listened to oldies. I listened to pop music and rap..so I think my musical tastes come from being around all different kinds of music when I was little. I like a little bit of everything right now but I'm more in to heavy metal...screamo...goth opera...and old classic rock. My musical tastes are not set to one specific genre. I like everything. Even classical music. But I can understand why you would say that. Some kids who grew up with parents that listened to country music only listen to country music...

Akk! Toby Keith was all I ever heard untill I was 7!

yea i grew up with country (mom) and classic rock (dad) but just recently my musical taste has changed alot i now listen to anything from aiden to micheal bublè to bowling for soup to eminem!

I was raised on Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd

No, but I remember the first time I discovered rock music... It was like the radio made sense again.

Nope. Got rock, hispanic music, and techno from my peruvian and chinese dad, classical music from my bulgarian mom. They met with the music of Santana.

My parents didn't like ever listen to music.. I grew up with NPR cringe

My parents listened to U2, The Clash, The Beatles, The Grateful Dead, Stevie Wonder, Earth Wind and Fire, and random classic rock bands.