+284

In the Harry Potter books, it's actually quite odd that Voldemort refers to Peter Pettigrew as Wormtail, a nickname bestowed on him by some of Voldemort's worst enemies, amirite?

sansas avatar
6 9
The voters have decided that sansa is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I think it was probably a way to show Peter that Voldemort was a 'friend' and to gain his trust, but it was also probably satisfying for Voldemort to know that someone who was so close to the Potters betrayed them for him and so he probably used the name also as something to spite the Marauders/Harry's friends and family

Hmm..well maybe he called him Wormtail because he knew that's one way to show Pettigrew, that Voldemort was his "friend" for lack of a better term. Know what I mean?

Harry Potter is Voldemort's greatest enemy. He killed James, Sirius and Lupin just fine. Plus it's a degrading sounding name even if he wasn't the first to think of it.

@Harry Potter is Voldemort's greatest enemy. He killed James, Sirius and Lupin just fine. Plus it's a degrading...

Yes, but they are still his enemies. And Voldemort of all people could probably have thought up a more degrading name.

Probably a psychological thing. Wormtail felt remorse for what he did to the Potters, so what better way to constantly remind him of what he's done by referring to him by the name bestowed upon him by the man he betrayed?

Maybe cause he could turn into a rat

I've always wondered that...
Did Voldie ever refer to the rest of the Marauders by name? I can't even recall...

@I've always wondered that... Did Voldie ever refer to the rest of the Marauders by name? I can't even recall...

I think he used their last names. Not sure though. He probably used Wormtail because Peter Pettigrew sounds a bit wimpy.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are +2Reply