+841

Just because I'm 14 doesn't mean I can't have an intelligent conversation and form opinions about political issues/world events, amirite?

adiosToreadors avatar
9 38
The voters have decided that adiosToreador is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I hate how people don't even ask your opinion on stuff when you're a teenager. Sometimes, you're informed than the adults. People don't seem to know how to approach you cause you're not an adult like them, but not a child that can be patronized either.

@I hate how people don't even ask your opinion on stuff when you're a teenager. Sometimes, you're informed than the...

Adults don't ask your opinion because your second sentence is missing a key word.

This is true, but a lot of times younger people have more idealistic views (better healthcare, help the poor) while to older people that just means "More taxes!" So until you experience having a large chunk of your paycheck taken out for social security, it's hard to relate.

CapedCrusaders avatar CapedCrusader Yeah You Are +9Reply
@Whutsurnaym Please do not group teenagers together...

It's a fact younger people tend to vote Democrat and older people tend to vote Republican. I'm not saying everyone is that way, but in general, it is true.

CapedCrusaders avatar CapedCrusader Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Whutsurnaym Most.

If you read my original post, you would know it said "a lot of times." That's not grouping every teenager together.

CapedCrusaders avatar CapedCrusader Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Whutsurnaym Ohh... sorry, I was a bit distracted while I was reading it

I disagree with you, because i am a 15 year old and i strongly agree with many Republican views and i can hold up pretty great debates about it too, just look at what i've commented on post #247299

@CapedCrusader It's a fact younger people tend to vote Democrat and older people tend to vote Republican. I'm not saying everyone...

It depends on how people were raised.
I was raised Republican, so naturally, I'm Republican. My friend was raised Democrat, so she's a Democrat. You might have people who are different than their parents, but it's pretty rare.

Katffros avatar Katffro Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Katffro It depends on how people were raised. I was raised Republican, so naturally, I'm Republican. My friend was raised...

That's most likely because you're not exposed to all the different viewpoints. If you only grow up watching Fox, you're going to agree with it. However, once you leave your house you'll be exposed to a lot of different things and your views might change.

@CapedCrusader That's most likely because you're not exposed to all the different viewpoints. If you only grow up watching Fox...

A lot of my teachers and peers have expressed their views [harsher than necessary, sometimes]
I've done some research
But you are correct.

Katffros avatar Katffro Yeah You Are 0Reply
@CapedCrusader The sad part is we won't see a penny of social security. It's terrible

I know! And if you have a job for a few years, all the money social security takes off your paycheck really adds up.

yes but sadly most teenagers are grossly uninformed about those things. i couldn't have one decent political conversation with anyone who went to my high school during the most recent presidential campaign. it was sad.

Thank you.

PurpleKneeSoxs avatar PurpleKneeSox Yeah You Are +3Reply

Well, We are the future and if they don't listen to us now we can, put them in rundown nursing homes and screw over their health care. All in due time, will we have a say.

@Well, We are the future and if they don't listen to us now we can, put them in rundown nursing homes and screw...

(ink.): There is so much wrong with this comment that I do not even know where to begin. I will just say this, I am 21 so I include myself in what I am about to say. There will be no social security for us, and I am pretty sure there isn't going to be Medicaid or Medicare for us. So WE are the ones who are screwed in the future. So, we better start saving now for our future.

(ink.): Oh, yes, I'm absolutely certain threats like that make adults very likely to listen to your opinions. It won't make them think you're a brat teenager at all.

I study commerse at Highschool and, with the upcoming Australian election, we are to learn all about it. Some fourteen year olds are able to substain a sophisticated conversation. Unfortantly, there are many who can't. Just take one look around a normal highschool. I, regretably, can't comment to any of the references people made to 'Democrat' and 'Republican' for we have a completly different set of political leaders.

ShatteredDreamss avatar ShatteredDreams Yeah You Are +2Reply

Yes, teens are often misinformed and most of us don't have burdens like taxes and such, but that doesn't limit our right to opinions.

BESIDES, including us in your conversations can only enlighten us, right?

Agree completely.

Teenagers don't think about consequences. They just think "it's sounds like a good idea, so let's do it." Yes, free health care seems like a good idea but there is a lot of work that has to go into making it possible. Plus, I must say, the fact that this got on the home page just proves how many 14yr old kids are on this site.

@allybally um im 15 like i said, and i disagree with the heathcare bill ocmpletely

Um, good for you, but i wasn't replying to your comment. I was making a comment in general. I think that was made pretty clear by the position of the comment itself. See how I am replying to you, your name is in the comment and it is indented under your comment.

@Um, good for you, but i wasn't replying to your comment. I was making a comment in general. I think that was made...

um, i know how to reply and i was replying on your comment okay? im not stupid, i know what im doing and talking about

@allybally um, i know how to reply and i was replying on your comment okay? im not stupid, i know what im doing and talking about

Except you don't. You replied to my comment assuming I had read yours and was commenting because of it. I had not read your comment at all. I read the post, scrolled to the bottom and commented. So when you said "um im 15 like i said, and i disagree with the heathcare bill ocmpletely" Well clearly I didn't know what you said so why on earth would you say "like i said" as if i had read the comment and neglected to understand your age.

@Except you don't. You replied to my comment assuming I had read yours and was commenting because of it. I had not...

look up. duh! and i replied to your comment because i disagreed with it, not because i thought you replied to mine. And i said "like i said" so that if other people read the other comments like most normal people do, they would have seen where i said i was 15. And another thing, i said tht i was 15 because it shows that some of the youth don't just agree with everything because it sounds good, like you said

@allybally look up. duh! and i replied to your comment because i disagreed with it, not because i thought you replied to mine...

Well it's cute you tried, I give you a E for effort.

Notes: While allybally shows enthusiasm she needs to more clearly understand the nature and dynamic of conversations. She also needs to work on her grammar and sentence structure.

Tips: Don't say "like I said" when starting a new conversation with someone. All they will do is look at you and say "When did you say that?"

MANY of the teenagers don't know anything. Even I don't know everything and I research quite a bit.
You do have those informed teenagers, but rarely.
Teenagers/younger people tend to think, "Free health care is AMAZING! You're helping people who can't afford it!", but there's more too it. There's more too every law than what meets the eye [no matter what political party]
Adults decide to not take a chance and just ignore us. You have to really prove to them you know what is going on, or else they don't care.

I agree. I watch the news, political debates and have an opinion about politics. And I get so annoyed when adults doin't let me into their converstaions about things that I'm actually interested in: polictics.

I'm dissapointed that you say this and still say opposite things about 12 year olds...

rawr_ur_deads avatar rawr_ur_dead Yeah You Are -1Reply
@rawr_ur_dead I'm dissapointed that you say this and still say opposite things about 12 year olds...

There's a massive difference between a 14-year-old and a 12-year-old, I'll leave it at that.

@adiosToreador There's a massive difference between a 14-year-old and a 12-year-old, I'll leave it at that.

I wasn't really using the exact ages, I meant that just because your young doesn't mean anything. Anyway, it's only 2 years, so it's not a big difference at all.

rawr_ur_deads avatar rawr_ur_dead Yeah You Are 0Reply