+263

it's weird how some kids think they can't be caught looking at porn if they delete it from the web history. parents can access the hard drive to see it if they know how to. amirite?

4 53

shhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit...

@592047

YEAH!

I don't watch porn, but I've looked at some pretty fucked up shit. Now I'm afraid.

I love how boys and girls alike are startled and horrified by this revelation.

And that, children, is why you request your own laptop.

if they access your web history, but you cleared it, nothing to find there. just make sure to clear things like your google search log. most browsers have a "private browsing" option that automatically does all that for you, not write to your web history or cookies, or google/website cache, etc.
only way to stop them reading the router/ip access is with proxies,end-to-end encryption, etc.
and they cant see it on your harddrive unless your download it, things your browser loads on web pages saves to ram. which clears after the computer shuts down.
sincerely,
a teenager with tech savvy christian parents xD

Honestly, its weird that you think parents would actually go through all of the trouble just to catch their kid watching porn...

@1182399

Neither do I. But I don't think parents want to disassemble a computer either.

"If they know how to..." Hopefully, most parents dont lol.

Bears. Beets. Battlestar galactica.

WHAT? D:

Okay unless you got caught before I'm pretty sure your parents are going to disassemble a computer on a hunch or randomly think "I wonder what Johnny's been doing lately..."

jukilos avatar jukilo No Way +11Reply

My dad is an IT guy, so I couldn't get away with it if I wanted to. :P

For kids with computer whizzes as parents: I'm here for you, bro.

My parents still use Internet Explorer. I don't think they can disassemble a cardboard box, let alone a computer.

oh shi-

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Big_Boss oh shi-

What's with the cutoff?

-_-

@Sun What's with the cutoff? -_-

His parents discovered him, and he was destroyed

With my parents, I'm not scared.

Incognito, Google saves me again'

It feels good to be an adult and not have to worry about that. Plus, my parents don't know the first thing about computers.

ummm... what age are we talking here? i doubt a 10 year old would be watching porn.

Yes, but what parents are really going to dig that deep to monitor their child watching porn? They most likely did it when they were young, or do it now.

They can check the router log...If you still care , reply to this.

So, I totally didn't think of that when I was watching shit on my cousin's computer >.>
I hope they have no reason to look at their hard drive.

Quick question: If I'm on a shared wireless network, can my parents see my browser history? (I'm not supposed to be on facebook until my parents can confirm I'll have a GPA higher than 3.9 cumulative ,let alone at 2 am) ?? (i'm speaking about a laptop connected to a private internet network)

@yes. even laptops have a web history and a hard drive.

Well yes, they obviously do. But can they view my history through their computer if we are connected to the same wireless network? Or do I need to delete my Facebook and deny all of their claims? :(

@Well yes, they obviously do. But can they view my history through their computer if we are connected to the same...

Are they the type to check web history and harddrives? because my parents can barely open their emails I don't think they could find my webhistory if I deleted it.

@ilostmyshoe Are they the type to check web history and harddrives? because my parents can barely open their emails I don't...

my mom needs my help to check her e-mail. but i think she hired a guy one time to check the hard drive to see if my dad had been looking at porn lmfao.

@Quick question: If I'm on a shared wireless network, can my parents see my browser history? (I'm not supposed to be...

I think you should focus on your academics. Spaces come AFTER the comma, just one of them, and not before.

If they're really good hackers they can theoretically figure it out from the main router. Otherwise, they'd have to go on your computer.

Or the simple cache... It's easily seen in the program files and won't be deleted when you delete the history.

Ask any government agent or investigator. They'll tell you it can always be accessed. ono smilie

@interruptedbykanye Or you can empty your cache...

There's also the recovery software then.

If you're really good you can still get to it though. Hard drive space isn't actually wiped clean after deletion until it's needed again, so unless your hard drive is totally full, it's still there...

while yes, Some parents can do this my parents wouldn't
1. i doubt they know how to. i swear once my dad needed to print a pic from the internet so he unplugs the usb giving the computer internet and plugs in the printer cable and then bitches "how did you screw up this computer!?"
2. why would they? just sayin'

If they can do that, yeah :P most of em don't have a clue, but yeah, some parents are quite smart nowadays

Susanfailss avatar Susanfails Yeah You Are 0Reply