+176

Some people need to understand that America is a democracy, not a theocracy, amirite?

chocolatecakeisbads avatar Countries & Places
2 26
The voters have decided that chocolatecakeisbad is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

AMEN! Preach it brother!

@AMEN! Preach it brother!

I can't tell if that was sarcasm or not...

@Sarcasm intended :D

Haha, I see. I'm actually not attacking religion at all, I'm just saying that it is 100% annoying when it is tied with the government like some states do.

It's a Democratic Republic.

@chocolatecakeisbad close enough

Not even. Our nation is even bordering an oligarchy, if we keep going in the direction that we are now.

It's bull how religion has a major influence on the government.

incedios avatar incedio Yeah You Are +1Reply
@incedio It's bull how religion has a major influence on the government.

I'm not talking about the whole nation, just a few states that think they are an exception to the law of seperation of state and church.

@chocolatecakeisbad I'm not talking about the whole nation, just a few states that think they are an exception to the law of seperation...

There is no law separating church and state, that was just an ideal of Thomas Jefferson's, that he mentioned in a letter to a friend. This nation was made so that the majority would rule over the minority. If the majority are of the same religious bent, then the minority have no choice but to suffer, or rise up.

.... you think chocoalte cake is BAD?

@.... you think chocoalte cake is BAD?

i think you have addressed the true issue here.
and @chocolatecakeisbad: other than your views on cake, i agree fully.

Too bad America is a republic

i so agree, chocolate cake is so overated, vanilla and strawberry are where it is!

its a republic u dumb ni****

@Democracy. We vote.

(Anonymous):try saying the pledge of allegiance. it ways and to the republic for which it stands. not the democracy.

@Democracy. We vote.

America is a republic we vote in elected officials, if it was a democracy the people would be making the laws not our elected officials chosen to represent us.