+100

once you've had more than one loved one die from cancer you want to give most of your life savings to a cancer research center, amirite?

Ozzis avatar
0 9
The voters have decided that Ozzi is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I feel bad YYA this because I haven't had that happen. But I could easily see how someone would want to do that. And Cancer research could always use more funding.

Scientists avatar Scientist Yeah You Are +7Reply

I'd imagine this could be true sometimes even if just one family member died from cancer. One can be enough.

Several of my family members have died of cancer and now I feel bad. wary smilie

@Statefarm Several of my family members have died of cancer and now I feel bad.

Don't feel bad, everyone grieves in their own way. Maybe giving money to a cancer research center is someone's way of grieving, but not yours :) Nothing to feel bad about, it doesn't mean you don't think it was awful they died or that cancer isn't an awful disease.

I'd give it there or to an Orphanage.

ThisBunnyFliess avatar ThisBunnyFlies Yeah You Are +2Reply

But what of another loved one dies from MS, another from diabetes and another from heart disease?

cherryblasters avatar cherryblaster Yeah You Are +1Reply
@cherryblaster But what of another loved one dies from MS, another from diabetes and another from heart disease?

Exactly, people really need to realize that cancer isn't the only scary disease that kills. Yes cancer is a terrible thing and most of us have been affected by it in one way or another but the fact that it has touched so many people and that there is such a large community around it can be reassuring. What about the people with rarer diseases? Shouldn't they be as supported? Shouldnt they get the same amount of love and care and compassion?

No. My grandmother and aunt died of breast cancer. Do I feel bad? Of course. Cancer research could ALWAYS use more funding. But at the same time, other things need more funding, too. If I had money, I would plant thousands of trees and flowers, and I would donate to a charity that helped starving children.