+279

Just because its a "classic" doesn't mean its good. It can be, but times change and just because something was great sixty years ago, doesn't mean it still is. amirite?

KatieCootie95s avatar
0 16
The voters have decided that KatieCootie95 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

If it's not good today, would they even call it a classic? Can you give an example of something that's a classic that a majority of people don't think is good?

@Erin The Scarlet Letter. :S

I've never read it, and to be honest I have no desire to. A lot of people said they didn't like it, but I know some people that say it's one of their favorites.

@_Jojo_ I've never read it, and to be honest I have no desire to. A lot of people said they didn't like it, but I know some...

The ones who liked it probably weren't forced to read it, I guess.
I personally wanted to rip the book into millions of tiny shreds and then burn it, and then burn the ashes, and then throw them into hell or something, because the book was honestly just that bad.
But, whatever; preferences and such.

But still, some classics are amazing. For instance, Dracula, Frankenstein, and the lesser known: The Crucible

Oh yeah, some definately are. Like in books, Shakespeare and Fitzgerald are still awesome and in music I love The Doors and The Rolling Stones and Van Morrison, but some classics just aren't good. Really, a lot of them are out of date and the only reason they haven't been forgotten is because of one hundred year old hype.

I know these aren't considered classics but a lots of the TV shows made me cringe.

The "classic" horror movies like the original Nightmare on Elm Street are awful.

Well, half-right. If it was good sixty years ago, I don't know why it wouldn't be good today. But not all classics are good to begin with.

That will never change the beadles