+215

For Americans, it would be cool to know what the British talk about when they read about the American Revolution (if they have it in their textbooks), amirite?

Lazynezs avatar
2 19
The voters have decided that Lazynez is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Out of the fourteen years that I have been a history student (up to A Level), we've never studied it. Lets face it, 'British' history goes back to the Roman times, whereas you guys only have a couple of hundred years, so we have a lot more important things to look at than the loss of one colony of the whole British empire.

@Out of the fourteen years that I have been a history student (up to A Level), we've never studied it. Lets face it...

13 colonies in a eries of battles to the death. You guys lost a great amount of land. It should be in textbooks, considering that was important in British and American history.

Lazynezs avatar Lazynez Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Maybe that's just Americans thinking they're more important then they are again.

:O How is that not important? If I remember from August, we were a great source of money and trade for the British.

Lazynezs avatar Lazynez Yeah You Are 0Reply

Actually in Britain nothing gets taught about the American Revolution. It's a minute blip in a long and rich history of humanity and as such is pretty much irrelevant.

@Actually in Britain nothing gets taught about the American Revolution. It's a minute blip in a long and rich...

How is it "nothing"? It was multiple battles to the death, which the underdog won. I bet you your part of Britain is treating it as nothing. You country is embarassed. Trust me, I am too. THIS COUNTRY friggen BEAT BRITAIN? We were still having issues a century after we won. 0_o And Dipple says he's learning about it. Like I said, must be certain parts of Britain.

@Lazynez How is it "nothing"? It was multiple battles to the death, which the underdog won. I bet you your part of Britain...

Well, given the size comparison between both countries, its more embarrassing that you actually had to have a war.

@Well, given the size comparison between both countries, its more embarrassing that you actually had to have a war.

Current countries, or the thirteen colonies (that were the sliver in the east)? It wasn't embarassing, because Britain kept taxing us and they kept controlling us like we could just give up money.

Sorry! I misquoted with the "nothing". Imagine those quotes were never there. :)

In their big read coats with no camo. Stompin' around. And when they bled, it was hard to tell because the blood blends in with their red coats. F' Yeaaaaaaaah.

oinks avatar oink Yeah You Are 0Reply

Im sure it is in there history things. It was a big thing for them to because they lost territory this this little nation.

mexicanpeanuts avatar mexicanpeanut Yeah You Are 0Reply

I've always wondered that! I wonder how much of ours is propaganda and how much of it is true haha (not just with the Revolution, but other historical events too).

empiress avatar empires Yeah You Are 0Reply

I'm studying it now. Our attitude is kind of "making a big deal about nothing" but ultimately you deserved independence. Co-operating with the French lost you some cool points though.

We sort of see it as part of a longer war with France, more of a battle than a war. (One which we lost)

We once owned America, You belonged to us! And i've been doing history since year 1, now im in year 12 and we've never studied the American Revolution! Im British!

I'm in year 13 and we did coursework on american independence and that whole shaboodle, but it was still focused on the implications for america, not britain. In the end I wrote my essay on Andrew Jackson and indian removal anyways. Whatta guy.

We aren't embarrassed, no one really talks about it at all.

@We aren't embarrassed, no one really talks about it at all.

I hope not. You guys are possibly better off than us. We don't really have a great taste in leaders.

Lazynezs avatar Lazynez Yeah You Are +2Reply