+360

It's weird when someone says "literally" about something that is clearly literal, for example "I was literally the first one there", as if saying "I was the first one there" might make us question what they meant. amirite?

Truuninjas avatar
6 10
The voters have decided that Truuninja is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

People use it for emphasis. EMPHASIS.

@Evanhaubner People use it for emphasis. EMPHASIS.

That was literally a Drake and Josh reference.

I'm literally the first to comment.

@AllanFoFallan I'm literally the first to comment.

Good thing you added the literally or else I would be very suspicious.

Well personally I know I exaggerate things in my stories and I know other people do to. When people say "literally", the implication is they're not stretching the truth even a little bit.

@wobbuffet Well personally I know I exaggerate things in my stories and I know other people do to. When people say...

Was that figuratively or literally? I literally couldn't tell. It's literally possible that you're lying unless you say 'literally.'

I am metaphorically a lion as swift as Anthony has sex.

Dwights avatar Dwight Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Dwight I am metaphorically a lion as swift as Anthony has sex.

i am literally a lion as swift as anthony has sex

Inb4 a load of comments using the word 'literally' in a humorous manner... oh, I'm literally too late.

ashbashcrasheds avatar ashbashcrashed Yeah You Are +4Reply