-155

Beleive it or not, some of us don't get scared when our toast pops up. We also hear a noise at night and don't think anything of it. And gasp we can stick our foot out from under the covers and not care about whether anything will eat it. Grow up, amirite?

BreakfastFans avatar
9 31
The voters have decided that BreakfastFan is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Realize your audience. Your talking mostly to teenagers. Who are you to tell people to grow up? I'm sure you do things that some would consider childish. Getting a little nervous at a noise in the night doesn't make you immature, most of the time it's a natural instinct to feel nervous. Why do you care so much?

There's nothing immature about being easily startled...

@1685706

What? I posted the comment above as anonymous...I didn't write the post

@spareseconds What? I posted the comment above as anonymous...I didn't write the post

Haha, how should I have known that? The comment was anonymous. And so was the post. How should I have NOT gotten confused?

@There's nothing immature about being easily startled...

do you read books a lot? just curious.

Predys avatar Predy No Way 0Reply
@Predy do you read books a lot? just curious.

Yes I do, why? (I wrote the comment above as anon)

@spareseconds Yes I do, why? (I wrote the comment above as anon)

because of the choice of word "startled" lol.

Predys avatar Predy No Way -3Reply
@Predy because of the choice of word "startled" lol.

Really? I just didn't want to use the word scared because toasters only make you jump in surprise. As for the other scenarios, I guess scared would have worked fine. Startled just came to mind first.

I only dislike this because of the person who wrote this.. It seemed to have a snotty tone to it...

Izzie_23s avatar Izzie_23 No Way +29Reply

I don't get scared when toast pops up. I can stick a leg out and I'm not scared; I'm cold. But when I'm home alone and hear a sound at night I still get a bit unnerved.

@Rocky I don't get scared when toast pops up. I can stick a leg out and I'm not scared; I'm cold. But when I'm home alone...

I can understand that more then the other two things, but unless you live alone, why couldn't the noise be from someone in another room or a pet or something?

@BreakfastFan I can understand that more then the other two things, but unless you live alone, why couldn't the noise be from...

Yeah, I'm not scared when I know there are other people in the house, just when I'm home alone. Also, barely any of the windows in this house have blinds.

@Rocky Yeah, I'm not scared when I know there are other people in the house, just when I'm home alone. Also, barely any of...

Yeah that makes sense. I know some people who freak out if they hear a bump coming from a room where they know someone is inside and it bugs me a little.

Jumping when toast pops up is a reflex.

I could call this tough love, but it feels more like hate.

OnePiecepkmns avatar OnePiecepkmn Yeah You Are +20Reply

I'd rather hang on to my childhood.

This made me smile.

I have an irrational fear of noises in the night. Although, only if I know I'm the only one awake and am in the right mood set. (Eg, I've just been watching a murder show.)

I don't get scared of rejection and post statuses like this one anonymously. Come on, grow up.

When the toaster pops I only jump when I’m not paying any attention, it’s more of a reflex. I can be home alone at night and not be bothered by random creaks. But what I cannot deal with is a single toe being out of my covers. It freaks me out. Call me childish, I don't care.

The carpenters that did my home's wood floor screwed it up so there are inclining areas that creak. But I have pets. Guinea pigs FTW:)

OnePiecepkmns avatar OnePiecepkmn Yeah You Are +1Reply
@OnePiecepkmn The carpenters that did my home's wood floor screwed it up so there are inclining areas that creak. But I have...

Sometime I'll write a comment and end it with something completely different. For example, the other day I saw two ducks at the park and they were quacking. Then I went home to take a nap!

I don't get scared over toast, but I do over the other things. I blame it on my sisters making me watch horror movies when I was younger.

Meagans avatar Meagan No Way +1Reply

Op just needs to loosen up a bit. it's all generalizations and things based on what has happens to one person. Then they make a meme about it and see if others agree. Then it makes it's way to amirite. Or via versa I guess. Either way op, just chill bro.

Loud, sudden noises are one of our most primal fears, we have them from birth, and while as we grow up, we stop being genuinely scared of them, we still become startled by them. It's just survival instinct. If anything's gonna suddenly attack you, your ears alert you to it first, and your body prepares itself for the "fight-or-flight" response, producing that startled feeling. So, in conclusion, it's perfectly normal o be startled by the toast popping or noises in the night.
The whole foot-over-the-edge-of-the bed thing is probably irrational, though. However, it might be something to do with the fear of the unknown. Anything could be on your floor, for all you know. Or maybe before we could properly prevent poisonous insects or wild animals from entering our houses, we were susceptible to being harmed by them if our feet were close to the ground during the night, so the fear of having your feet exposed to the ground while sleeping has been ingrained into our minds.

A toaster oven solves the toaster popping problem.

Believe it or not, some of us can actually spell. Stop being superior and sophisticated on the Internet and go earn an education or something.