+545

It sucks that people use religion now as the bases of war and bloodshed. Majority of the most believed in religions (Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc) are actually based on principles of peace and love and brotherhood. But we all let our differing beliefs clash until innocent lives are taken. Really, if you say you believe in a religion, maybe you should actually study what it preaches. Amirite?

3 14

Yeah, well it doesn't help that Christianity kinda shuns anyone who doesn't believe in the Christian God.

@Yeah, well it doesn't help that Christianity kinda shuns anyone who doesn't believe in the Christian God.

(time-to-dance): "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." -Jesus Christ

(time-to-dance): I have never seen a christian shun somebody because they don't believe in our god. Do you actually know people that do that, or are you just making a generalization based on nothing?

@irish_wristwatch (time-to-dance): I have never seen a christian shun somebody because they don't believe in our god. Do you actually...

@315553 (The_Enlightened): Maybe not "shunned" but I've seen a lot of "Christians" on this site give people hell for believing anything different that what they do.

@@315553 (The_Enlightened): Maybe not "shunned" but I've seen a lot of "Christians" on this site give people hell...

Ok I get what your'e saying, but no matter what there are going to be people that think other people have to think the way they do, whether it's religion or anything else. People do that with a lot of other things too.

ahaha, "now"?

ever heard of the Crusades? Spanish Inquisition? or even WWII?
this shit's been happening foreverrrr

@dangercat ahaha, "now"? ever heard of the Crusades? Spanish Inquisition? or even WWII? this shit's been happening foreverrrr

This has only been happening since Adam and Eve disobeyed in the Garden of Eden and were taken out of it. But it has been happening a lot since. It actually has gotten worse since 1914.

I didn't re-read my post. I agree, it's been happening forever. But glad people get my message. :) -PeaceLoveChocolate

Pagans where people just like today, good people who didn't do anything. But Christians didn't agree with what they were saying so they started a war with them. Then, they destroyed all of their history and re-wrote it as their own. So for a long time everyone thought pagans were evil or something, even though that was just what Christians said. I believe that at one time Christianity was started in order to teach people to be good. They used something called "God" and "Heaven" to be an example for this. However over the hundreds of years people forgot about being good, and they focused on the "god" aspect of it. They forgot what they were supposed to be doing, and they warped it over time into something nowhere near as good as it was. So I believe that today's Christianity is but a false-version of what it was supposed to be at the start. If you look at other modern religions things like "pastafarianism" it stands for equality, and not teaching ID in schools, but most people think...

"Samar'ia shall bear her guilt, because she has rebelled against her God; they shall fall by the sword, their little ones shall be dashed in pieces, and their pregnant women ripped open." Hosea 13:16 "Behold the day of the Lord is coming, when the spoil taken from you will be divided in the midst of you. For I will gather the nations against Jerusalem to battle, and the city shall be taken and the houses plundered and the women ravished..."

bible god-Zechariah 14:1
Hard to argue with that.

Most people think that it just means they believe in a Flying Spaghetti Monster. That's not true, it's just what they used as an example. I believe a lot of the time Christianity is the same way, being turned from what it stood for into something else entirely.

Not Islam. 109 Surahs in the Quran when taken in context teach to kill those who are not believers in Islam.