+646

It's really weird to think that my green is different to your green, and my red is different to your red, because we all have different eyes and see things differently. My periwinkle blue could be someone else's turquoise, and my hot pink could be someone else's bubblegum pink....weird, amirite?

Sydneys avatar
11 14
The voters have decided that Sydney is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Not quite. Having different eyes mean we perceive things differently. If you see an orange bag, you might think it's ugly, and I'll say it's a masterpiece. But it's still orange.

@Not quite. Having different eyes mean we perceive things differently. If you see an orange bag, you might think...

i think you're missing the point. it is that because people are different, they physically perceive different colors (or more likely different tinges/hues/etc.) its not a matter of opinion, such as ugly or a masterpiece.

1337 0Reply

I've definitely thought about this a lot. Since everyone's eyes are slightly different, it makes sense that people would see colors differently. I guess there's no way to find out, though, since it's impossible to describe what colors look like.

@JustASmallTownGirl I've definitely thought about this a lot. Since everyone's eyes are slightly different, it makes sense that people...

Everyone's eyes are slightly different, meaning they would see different colors only slightly differently. The shades my be a little off, but you wouldn't be seeing green where I'm seeing purple.

@MeilK How would you know? Maybe my green IS your purple.

Well technically you would know, because if you asked for a purple colouring pencil and I gave you what was supposedly 'my' purple, you would say, "No, that is green."

@Apparatus Well technically you would know, because if you asked for a purple colouring pencil and I gave you what was...

No, because then the purple would be your green for that person. So the color they see is considered purple, but for you that color would be green.

This hasn't been proven and probably never will. We could see colors differently, or we could see them all the same.

Yeah, I've thought about that too, but I'm pretty sure we all see the same colors, though the quality of your eyesight obviously changes that a tad bit.

Gaussians avatar Gaussian Yeah You Are 0Reply

Whoa!! I thought I was the only person that thought like that! I totally undertsand what you're saying

spaghettiBerrys avatar spaghettiBerry Yeah You Are 0Reply

so does this mean a leopard snuggie looks like a blue snuggie to you?