-118

It's funny how hot things get cold, and cold things get hot (e.g ice-cream and hot coffee), amirite?

0 12
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

No, that's entropy and the second law of thermodynamics.

Rebels avatar Rebel No Way +14Reply

And in the freezer they both go cold...
And in the stove they both go hot!

What could this possibly mean about room temperature!?
Is it in the middle of the two!?!?!?
This is amazing science!

Its funny how you dont understand basic thermodynamics.

Sure...if by funny you mean basic science... heat is just energy and cold is a comparative lack thereof. If something cold (ice-cream) comes out of the freezer, then the energy in the air will transfer to it until it is the same temperature as the air. Coffee is the opposite. Hot coffee gives its energy to the air until they are both the same temperature. Seriously, are you 8 or did you skip school one too many times?

@Totobean Sure...if by funny you mean basic science... heat is just energy and cold is a comparative lack thereof. If...

This, but in simpler terms: the object in question will change to the temperature of its surroundings (i.e. the room).
I can't believe this post was even made :/

themand half the people who voted. why do you feel the need to be a dick? im sure they know hot thing dont stay hot and cold things dont stay cold and they all become room temperature. its just stating that if youre expecting you coffee to be hot, even when its room temperature, its cold because of what you expected it to be.

hahahahahaha its so funny

You know, this very same concept boggled my mind, and used to confound me to no ends; when I was 7. Then I went to 3rd grade and learned about room temperature. ono smilie

It's called "reaching equilibrium". For example, the average IQ of the posts were probably too high and then your post came along and poof equilibrium.

Nothing ever "becomes cold" it gives its heat to the surroundings thus making the surroundings slightly warmer.

this is the most retarded thing i've ever heard