+333

The happiest people you know are the ones who try to make other people happy, amirite?

10 18

I find that when your main focus is making others happy, you forget about your own happiness.

@Eminna I find that when your main focus is making others happy, you forget about your own happiness.

I agree. Sometimes I do that. Im sort of a people pleaser and am so focused on helping others.

A happy person is someone who no longer even needs to focus on their own happiness anymore and lives off of everyone else's happiness.

@Eminna That's pretty much what I said earlier, haha

@1180649 (Eminna): Wouldn't that just be a parasite? Sucking other people's happiness in order to be happy

But according to op, you can only get your happiness when you forget about it. I on the other hand like to live by another philosophy, "You can't please everyone, so you just got to please yourself." ~Ricky Nelson. I'm not sure if that was a sexual reference or not... but either way, it's true. Oh and I think Bill Cosby mighta said it too

@KickAss But according to op, you can only get your happiness when you forget about it. I on the other hand like to live by...

@1180586 (BadAss): hahah to the sexual reference part, but since OP said "you know" I took it as me personally, and the ones I know are like perfectionists and while they're making others happy, they forget about themselves and their happiness. Like my friend gave up this boy because this other girl wanted him, even though she liked him for a while, just so the other girl would be happy. Meanwhile she's still upset about it, even though she tries to hide it. But I do agree with the 1st part. If you're TRYING to find happiness, you won't. but when you're out living life and having fun, you have it.

@Eminna @1180586 (BadAss): hahah to the sexual reference part, but since OP said "you know" I took it as me personally, and...

WHAT THE FUCK? She gave up a guy? What did she tell him? Was she like, "SCRAM, I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE! GO ON, YOU STUPID PERSON!" You'd understand this better if you've seen the goodbye seen in Spongebob, where he's getting rid of the seahorse, Mystery.

And that's what I sing to myself when girls complain about last night... not that that's ever happened

@KickAss WHAT THE FUCK? She gave up a guy? What did she tell him? Was she like, "SCRAM, I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE! GO ON, YOU...

I have :D It wasn't as sad as I thought it would be, though. haha and I'm not sure, I didn't wanna bring it up :3 & hahahah But waaaiitt, you're a guy ? lol

@Eminna I have :D It wasn't as sad as I thought it would be, though. haha and I'm not sure, I didn't wanna bring it up :3 &...

Umm... how many bad ass girls do you know on here? C'mon, let's use our heads here... I know you're smarter than that!

I think OP means more in a 'just being a nice person" way than as trying to please others.

528491s avatar 528491 Yeah You Are -1Reply
@528491 I think OP means more in a 'just being a nice person" way than as trying to please others.

@1180593 (528491): As I said, OP stated "people you know", and the people I know are the ones who make others happy while they themselves aren't happy.

I life lived for another is another's life.

@Shadi I life lived for another is another's life.

A life lived for yourself is a wasted life.

@asdijojioiojioxj A life lived for yourself is a wasted life.

Live life for all, or all life will lack living.