+306

It's funny how people try to blame music, t.v., etc. when their kid commits a suicide, or murder, or something, amirite?

Iamsorites avatar
0 22
The voters have decided that Iamsorite is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

not funny just stupid

@kingsman17 not funny just stupid

no, it is funny.

Because people try to blame their kids actions on what they see/hear, rather than their own parenting skills.
you have to laugh at that.

Iamsorites avatar Iamsorite Yeah You Are -4Reply
@Iamsorite no, it is funny. Because people try to blame their kids actions on what they see/hear, rather than their own...

I do not think that "funny" is the right term. Also I may be wrong but it is usually never the parents fault when their child is murdered. I get the suicide part, but come on be a little nice to mommy and daddy Schrute.

Dwights avatar Dwight No Way +19Reply

It's hardly a humorous situation.

@It's hardly a humorous situation.

Well, I find it to be rather humorous.
Deal with it

Iamsorites avatar Iamsorite Yeah You Are -8Reply

Not funny haha. Funny strange. Or just plain ridiculous. Like trying to blame Slipknot because a high school kid killed someone while wearing a Slipknot mask, or trying to blame MCR because Hannah Bond liked them and killed herself.

It's never "funny" when a kid commits suicide.

You can't blame a video game or a movie for your own careless mistakes. If your kid has a history of violent or disturbed behavior, and you're buying the violent games and movies for your kid you without checking the content and ratings then it's your own fault. That's what the ratings are there for.

@toofastforlove You can't blame a video game or a movie for your own careless mistakes. If your kid has a history of violent or...

I think that if someone is really that badly affected by violent video games, there's clearly something wrong with them in the first place. To me, the games aren't a violent thing, more of a "hit the target, get points" kind of thing. People who blame video games or television for their own insanity are just that, insane.

It's funny and sad. People need to take better care of their kids.

ilostmyshoes avatar ilostmyshoe Yeah You Are +1Reply

Funny is the wrong word. The death of anyone isn't ever funny, no matter the circumstances.

It's not exactly funny, but I agree with your basic point.

Yeah like the mother that wouldn't give her daughter any space to breathe, and when the girl ended her life she blamed it on the my chemical romance she listen to and called the music a suicide cult...

i mean, thats true in a lot of cases but. there are so many advertisements and so many shows showing skinny girls and jacked guys and everyone is hot. even the "nerdy" people in the media are drop dead gorgeous most of the time. kids get low self esteem because of that which could contribute to suicide, so.

@i mean, thats true in a lot of cases but. there are so many advertisements and so many shows showing skinny girls...

If you're committing suicide just because you don't think you look good enough, you're focusing way too much on looks.