+171

It sucks when your parents disagree with you, even if you are fighting over an opinion. Especially, when they try and say what they believe is right. I mean, can't I be my own person? If you don't want me to be like you when I'm older, stop forming your opinions into facts and inserting them into my friggen brain! I should be able to believe what I want, and learn the hard way if I want, amirite?

Lazynezs avatar
5 16
The voters have decided that Lazynez is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Wow, so long. 0_o sniffle

Lazynezs avatar Lazynez Yeah You Are 0Reply

its just that they luv you and dont ant you to learn the hard way. they are scared for you. and should they be? that kind of luv is the kind i only wish my parents gave me.or parent anyway

@its just that they luv you and dont ant you to learn the hard way. they are scared for you. and should they be?...

If they loved me enough, they would allow me to learn on my own terms. I know, it's protection, but sometimes you just need to let your baby bird soar, and if they get hit by a plane, they get hit by a plane.

Lazynezs avatar Lazynez Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Lazynez If they loved me enough, they would allow me to learn on my own terms. I know, it's protection, but sometimes you...

if your bird got hit by a plane, you wouldnt just say "oh well.she did it to herself" you wouldnt. you would be devistated. and if you could, you would try and stop.

@if your bird got hit by a plane, you wouldnt just say "oh well.she did it to herself" you wouldnt. you would be...

But, pretty soon (faster than they know) I will be a big bird, but I never learned the hard way, so it's going to sting even more to be hit in the long run. So, sometimes, they just need to let me fly. For all they know, that bird will soar and be the fear of flying metal creatures everywhere!

@Lazynez But, pretty soon (faster than they know) I will be a big bird, but I never learned the hard way, so it's going to...

(this is a different anonymous person btw) but if you (the bird) got hit by the plane wouldn't you be dead? you wouldn't have a second chance! but i definitely see your point

and if you make a mistake, years down the line, your gonna think."man i should have listened to my parents." they all do.

@and if you make a mistake, years down the line, your gonna think."man i should have listened to my parents." they...

Not always. Sometimes, they are just too protective. I listen to a tad bit of rap, "Turn that crap off." I say a swear word, "That is terrible language!" I drink an extra soda, "You're going to get fat!" <---well, that last one is true...but you get my point. Sometimes, I just need to learn on my own.

@Lazynez Not always. Sometimes, they are just too protective. I listen to a tad bit of rap, "Turn that crap off." I say a...

(L@52139 (Lazynez): well those are small things. but as you get older they become bigger things. i hold on to whatever parental advise i get as much as i can cause it makes me feel normal. like i DON'T have to learn everything on my own.its not fun that way.just lonely. i cant even begin to understand how anyone could take loving parents for even the slightest granted.but i see it all the time.

@(L@52139 (Lazynez): well those are small things. but as you get older they become bigger things. i hold on to...

I don't take them for granted. They just aren't letting me spread my wings far enough. It's like I'm in a friggen cage. It would be better for life, though, to learn stuff the hard way. Because where are your parents going to be when you are 35 and need advice? Well, in my case, they'll probably be dead. Better to start now than never.

i'd take advantige of that now and as i got older learned to make grown up decisions.its cunfuzing doing all by yourself. i mean what if you end up being wrong about somthing. you never had that second opinion for guidence. i have had to make my own choices too many times with this weight on my shoulders. and its not the best feeling. i'm not even sure thats normal for a 14 year old but thats me.you don't need to learn to make big decisions so soon. thats growing up too fast. just enjoy the worry freeness that you have now.

@i'd take advantige of that now and as i got older learned to make grown up decisions.its cunfuzing doing all by...

Worry freeness? At 14? When you have to make sure you get good grades? And get a driver's license? And pass all your finals? And get into a college? And start worrying about the rest of your life? Sure, I'll put those under "worry free". [end sarcasm]

But, yea. But, seriously? I can't even have my own taste in music? While other 14 years olds are listening to Eminem and playing COD and bragging about their highest score in Assasin's creed, I'm stuck here playing Mario? No, I don't think I'm OK with that. And my parent's wonder why I'm shy and don't speak out. Because they never allow me to voice my opinion.

@Lazynez Worry freeness? At 14? When you have to make sure you get good grades? And get a driver's license? And pass all...

then why don't you just talk to them? you can tell them about these feelings and they can talk to you too about how they feel seeing as they are now raising a teen.i guess its stressful to do that, or at least what i see on tv. and you don't worry bout driving and college at 14, or not really. i'm here worrying bout HIGHschool. i'm not driving any time soon. maybe they havent had a chance to show you they want you to be your own person. stuff like music and soda is not what becoming your own person is about anyway. i think your good.

I agree that parents should allow their kids to have opinions and learn certain things for themselves.

i disagree wit myself occasionally...