+433

If more than half of the women who got married in the 1950s were in there teens why do people act like modern day teen pregnancy is a new phenomon? amirite?

1 13

because back then it was expected to get married at a young age, and they got pregnant AFTER marriage.

Yeah, this post was one of the worst I've ever read, why would you ask a question, when the answer is right there in the question? There's a big difference between marriage and sex....

A long LONG time ago it was accepted to get married and pregnant that young. But people also had a life expectancy of about 40.

because they were married...sleeping with ONE man:their husband.
now its because they have a bunch of boyfriends and sleep around without protection

@chickensarecool01 because they were married...sleeping with ONE man:their husband. now its because they have a bunch of boyfriends...

I don't know what's worse the first person to make up such a dumb post, or the 393 people that agreed....

1950s?? Um I think you mean 1850s? Or some other time period. Because 1950s weren't THAT long ago and I'm pretty sure you had to be 18 to get married. Of course I don't know that 100%

yes, OP, you are simply wrong. getting pregnant in high school was even more taboo than it is today. if girls were pregnant as a teenager, they were 18 or 19, and either married or about to get married.

Stupid post. Some pregnant whore trying to make herself feel better about being pregnant.

People were probably more mature back then too.

their
phenomenon

Dumbass.

You're right. Teens have always been getting pregnant, it's just how society views it that's different.

My grandmother got married at 16 and had my dad at 17, and she was wholly accepted by society

cuz they got married!!!!