+736

Being born in the 90's doesn't automatically make you a 90's kid. You have to have actually grown up during the 90's and have a bunch of concrete memories of the 90's to be a 90's kid, amirite?

BreakfastFans avatar
4 108
The voters have decided that BreakfastFan is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Exactly. I was actually born in 1990. So I remember a shit ton from the 90's. Being born in 1997 or something like that is definitely not the same.

MadHatters avatar MadHatter Yeah You Are +9Reply
@MadHatter Exactly. I was actually born in 1990. So I remember a shit ton from the 90's. Being born in 1997 or something like...

What if you were born in 96 but remember everything about the nineties?? Cuz I remember watching pokémon and digimon and all those shows :)

@Sex_With_A_Snail 1994 FTW!!!!

Class of 2012: Tough enough to survive the end of the world.

@BreakfastFan Class of 2012: Tough enough to survive the end of the world.

Well actually, historians have calculated they may have been off about the end of the Mayan calender by 50 to 100 years. Sorry I killed the joke but that is good news.

@Sex_With_A_Snail Well actually, historians have calculated they may have been off about the end of the Mayan calender by 50 to 100...

Yeah, but it's not like anyone took it seriously anyways. It's the only goodish slogan I've heard so far.

@BreakfastFan Yeah, but it's not like anyone took it seriously anyways. It's the only goodish slogan I've heard so far.

Yea I never believed it. So far the only doomsday theory that is confirmed is in billions of years when the Sun eats the inner planets, that for sure is the end of Earth.

yeah that would work except the world doesn't supposidly end until december of 2012 so it would only work for 2013.

@BreakfastFan 1996 is definitely not a 90's kid. I'm 1994 and I don't consider myself to be a 90's kid.

Yeah, like I'm 1992, but I'm just as much a 2000's kid as a 90's kid, if not a little bit more.

@Ellen What if you were born in 96 but remember everything about the nineties?? Cuz I remember watching pokémon and...

But if you were born in 96 you are automatically only able to remember less than half of the nineties.

Rene_Magrittes avatar Rene_Magritte Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Ellen Not if you had two brothers who told you and showed you everything from before....

Being told about something doesn't mean you remember it. I've been told about WW2, that doesn't mean I remember it. Geez...

Chromanas avatar Chromana Yeah You Are +2Reply

But that doesn't really make a difference. They are 90's kids. They helped show you what it was like, but you didn't really experience it firsthand. Get what I'm saying?

MadHatters avatar MadHatter Yeah You Are -1Reply
@Rene_Magritte But why? Does it really matter?

Yes because my generations of kids are freaking idiots. I don't like them at all :( at least the ones at my school

@Ellen Yes because my generations of kids are freaking idiots. I don't like them at all :( at least the ones at my school

I don't really think times have changed that much everyone at my school were idiots as well. Caring too much about which decade you "belong to" is like being really into astrology.(I hope you don't like astrology...)

Rene_Magrittes avatar Rene_Magritte Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Rene_Magritte I don't really think times have changed that much everyone at my school were idiots as well. Caring too much about...

I don't care about astrology. I don't know, I guess I am a Montoya kid... But like not. I am on the brink of being a ninties kid I think :p

@Ellen I don't care about astrology. I don't know, I guess I am a Montoya kid... But like not. I am on the brink of being...

Some distance away from the brink I'd say, but okay. Oh by the way the first part of my comment doesn't really make sense unless I mention that I'm from 92 (not much older but still).

Thank you! I was born in '94 and don't really think of myself as a 90's kid. It's really annoying when some kid from '99 acts like they experienced so much more than a kid from '00.

innocentbunnyss avatar innocentbunnys Yeah You Are +6Reply
@innocentbunnys Thank you! I was born in '94 and don't really think of myself as a 90's kid. It's really annoying when some kid...

I'm a 99 kid. (Yeah, really.) But my older brother and sister showed me SO MANY re-runs, I have seen all the good shows. Dexters Labratory, Hey Arnold!, Catdog, Pokémon, Rugrats, etc. I wish I was a '90s kid, but I'm just a '90s baby. :(

@ilostmyshoe Right. 90's baby is a better term.

You're the first person who hasn't called me out for being 11. Thanks! :)

@ilostmyshoe lol It's not your fault you're eleven :)

Excactly. One person said I shouldn't be allowed to use the Internet until I was 13. Psssh, that's not going to happen!

@MacaroniSalad You're the first person who hasn't called me out for being 11. Thanks! :)

its annoying when people call someone out for their age...happened to me when I was 12.

@1464747

No i... Ah nevermind.

@MacaroniSalad No i... Ah nevermind.

Oh no, do go ahead. I am interested to hear why you are untouchable for comments about your age when this is a 16+ site...
Of course, many people do break that rule- but, since you're only fucking 11, you can't get annoyed when people call you out on it.
This is a dirty site, you're WAY too young, gtfo. 13 maybe I could see, but 11? Wow.

@Oh no, do go ahead. I am interested to hear why you are untouchable for comments about your age when this is a 16+...

I'm 12, but that really doesn't matter right now. What I want to know is why someone like yourself doesn't think that this generation isn't dirty or doesn't have a dirty mind. I've been on this site since I was 10. Nothing has ever stricken me as offensive or innapropriate for my age. Have you ever met a 7th grader? They aren't really the Barbie and pigtails type. Plus, I'm homeschooled. By that I mean I sit at home on the internet all day, I've seen some things. So don't say that this site is too dirty for me, even though I AM breaking the rules. I can be here if I'm not like "omgzz im 12 n wut is dis". Fuck off.

@MacaroniSalad I'm 12, but that really doesn't matter right now. What I want to know is why someone like yourself doesn't think...

Have I ever met a 7th grader? What kind of ridiculous question is that?

It's not like I wasn't 12 once... I know how things are for kids that age. I'm just saying, that I and everyone else has a right to call you out on your age because you are underage for the site. It was in referral to your comment about how you think it's so annoying when people get on your case because of your age. My point was suck it up, or get the fuck off the site because you don't have a right to be here. You just can because it's the internet.

@Have I ever met a 7th grader? What kind of ridiculous question is that? It's not like I wasn't 12 once... I know...

Alright. Yeah, you've been 12 before, so you obviously know (as you said) what it's like. I'm not saying it's the hardest age, seeing as I've only been 11 others, but life sorta sucks right now. So do I need your shit? No. I don't. That WASN'T your point. Your "point" was "this is a dirty site, you're WAY too young. Gtfo." so NO I wasn't given an option at all. So yeah, maybe I'm annoying. And yes, I'm less mature. Does that mean I'm not mature? No. I'm mature enough to be on this site. When I first got on I'll admit I wasn't
at all. Now I am. So if you're going to battle a 12 year old here, you're obviously doing something petty, so how about YOU gtfo?

@MacaroniSalad Alright. Yeah, you've been 12 before, so you obviously know (as you said) what it's like. I'm not saying it's the...

Oh right. Let me point out that you have an account. You're just afraid to get downvoted of something.

@MacaroniSalad I'm a 99 kid. (Yeah, really.) But my older brother and sister showed me SO MANY re-runs, I have seen all the good...

My Sister is born February 10th 1999 and she says she'd rather be born in the 00s instead of the 90s because she's like "Have you ever heard of that song that goes like 'I'm so 3008 your 200-and late, I got that rock and roll, that future flow.'" I'm born in March 3rd 1990 and I do remember a lot but I would much rather be born in the 00s, I just can't live in a generation without IPhone's and Samsungs and well, TECHNOLOGY! I was born in the first year of the 90s and it wasn't as great as people are saying, their just over exaggerating. And it's been proven that 1999 was the best year so far in history. Look it up. I don't now about you but I would want to be born in the best year in history.

90's was not just about Pokemon and gameboys.

It was Aqua, fluro hats with back flaps, flowery leggings, big jackets, bad hair, scooters and brightly coloured bikes, Tape deck players...

@Rene_Magritte Yep, pretty much everyone who's mentioning Pokemon is faking it.

No way, Pokémon (and some other TV shows like Keenan and Kel) is pretty much the #1 thing in my mind when I remember the '90s.
Born in 1990.

Chromanas avatar Chromana Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Chromana No way, Pokémon (and some other TV shows like Keenan and Kel) is pretty much the #1 thing in my mind when I...

Keenan and Kel rocked the shit. I loved that show. Shows nowadays suck compared to the shows I remember watching.

MadHatters avatar MadHatter Yeah You Are +2Reply
@BreakfastFan That could be because you were more easily amused when you were little.

That, sir, is a very good point. I never thought about it that way, but it's most likely very true.

MadHatters avatar MadHatter Yeah You Are 0Reply

Nah, I actually watched a few eps of K&K recently which I had never seen before and they were genuinely funny, even if the comedy was quite simplistic.

Chromanas avatar Chromana Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Chromana Nah, I actually watched a few eps of K&K recently which I had never seen before and they were genuinely funny, even...

Maybe the simplistic comedy is part of the reason they were better in the first place. Some shows around today try way to hard to get a few laughs.

@MadHatter Maybe the simplistic comedy is part of the reason they were better in the first place. Some shows around today try...

I liked the serious stuff too. I think I actually cried a little back in the day when Keenan moved away with his family to some mountain place so his dad could be a ranger. It was so sad, I think Kel was on the stage alone after the curtain closed :''''''''(

@Chromana I liked the serious stuff too. I think I actually cried a little back in the day when Keenan moved away with his...

Oh man. Sadface. But yeah. A lot of the shows didn't just have simpler comedy, they also had simpler plot lines and basic elements. Some of the kids shows today deal with complicated issues. I want to watch people deal with normal everyday stuff, not trying to be an undercover popstar or a web sensation.

MadHatters avatar MadHatter Yeah You Are +3Reply

Kenan and Kel, All that, Secret World of Alex Mac, Clarissa Explains it All, Are you Afraid of the Dark? Global Guts, Legends and Wild and Crazy Kids, slap braclets, Hansen, neon colors, FUBU and Tommy Hilfigger (sp?). Crazy bones. Power Rangers. Chia pets....
I could go on and On

• 1990.
ilostmyshoes avatar ilostmyshoe Yeah You Are 0Reply
@SemiColon 90's was not just about Pokemon and gameboys. It was Aqua, fluro hats with back flaps, flowery leggings, big...

The Razor scooters? I remember those.
Flowery leggings? I had so many. They were my favorite.
And when I hear "big jackets", I think of the ones with the weirdest colors. Some were like, hot pink with teal and yellow and a semi-water-resistant material.
And tape deck players... I think I had one in my house. They sound [and look, according to Google] familiar.

@eldorito RAZOR SCOOTERS! I became a beast at those and lost all my skills.

I was able to do the bunny hop, only. But that wasn't in the 90s. I think that was 02-03.

@Katffro The Razor scooters? I remember those. Flowery leggings? I had so many. They were my favorite. And when I hear "big...

You're trying too hard. No offense or anything, but someone born in 1995 couldn't remember those things unless their house was a time capsule. Some of that stuff is more 2000's anyways.

@BreakfastFan You're trying too hard. No offense or anything, but someone born in 1995 couldn't remember those things unless...

I actually have a pretty damn good memory. Well, considering I was a toddler, it was pretty good. And you remember certain things when you're in a certain mood.
If you're sad, you can't think of anything happy, and vice versa.
So that could be it, too.

@Katffro I actually have a pretty damn good memory. Well, considering I was a toddler, it was pretty good. And you remember...

You would be a prodigy if you actually had memories that vivid from when you're 2-4 years old. And even if you do, that still means that you can recall things from '97 or '98 onwards, which is a fraction of the decade. But whatevs, I'm not going to get into an argument over something as petty as this.

@BreakfastFan You would be a prodigy if you actually had memories that vivid from when you're 2-4 years old. And even if you do...

I'm not going to lie: I actually vividly remember a dream from when I was 3 years old. I was in some weird daycare and somebody was putting an ash on my hand and I cried to my mom, "MOMMY! I'M ON FIRE!" and she didn't do anything about it.

Yeah, I remember a lot of weird stuff.

Why do kids want be a "90's Kid" so much? o.o
Who cares...

MikePullams avatar MikePullam Yeah You Are +5Reply
@MikePullam Why do kids want be a "90's Kid" so much? o.o Who cares...

Because it's cool to be born in a different millennium.

Chromanas avatar Chromana Yeah You Are +5Reply
@712566

I don't care what anybody says. Be proud of who you are and fuck what everybody else says about their stupid cliques.

@MikePullam I was born in 94. Woopty Doo.

You are now granted the "Fuckin' Amazing Person" award.

Most of the "90's" memories are actually early 00's or late LATE 90's

ThatOneNuts avatar ThatOneNut Yeah You Are +2Reply
@ThatOneNut Most of the "90's" memories are actually early 00's or late LATE 90's

This. I was born in October of '94, so I don't remember '95, '96, or '97. Most of my memories were '98, '99, '00 and so on.

EduardVonBocks avatar EduardVonBock Yeah You Are +1Reply

I HAVE AN IDEA!

Who gives a fuck? :3

Call me whatever you want, but people who actually try to make specific rules and requirements in order to BE whatever clique they happen to be flaunting for are just pathetic. At least that's what I'm gathering from the comments.

@FreeMustacheRides I HAVE AN IDEA! Who gives a fuck? :3 Call me whatever you want, but people who actually try to make specific...

Yeah, I agree. There's no real point in trying to make and bend rules to be a 90s kid. It's just a way for some people to try to feel more important than other people, because we haven't been out of the 2000 decade long enough for "2000's Kids."

The memory areas of your brain aren't fully developed until 3-4 years old. Of course that's just the norm, there are plenty of exceptions, but based on that I guess you could say "true" 90s kids would be born in '95/6ish at the latest.

This argument is annoying as hell. I wish people would get over it. It's not like this generation is anything to be proud of for the most part anyways. :/

Thank you

Markis avatar Marki Yeah You Are 0Reply

True, but where does the line go? When exactly do you go from being a 80's to a 90's kid, or a 90's to a 00's kid, because I really wouldn't know.

@Rene_Magritte True, but where does the line go? When exactly do you go from being a 80's to a 90's kid, or a 90's to a 00's kid...

I think that an 80's kid is someone remembers the 80's+90's, and a 90's is just all of the 90's. If you were born from 90's-96 I still think that's like being a 90's kid.

@umamaniqua I think that an 80's kid is someone remembers the 80's+90's, and a 90's is just all of the 90's. If you were born...

No way. If you were born in '96 then you were only in the 90's until you were 4 years old. That's not really long enough to have many meaningful memories.

I was born in '95 and remember the 90's... so... does that make me a 90's kid or... what? I'm having a bit of an identity crisis now.

I was born in '95. I remember those lurid-colored jackets, snap-bracelets, those music things that you stuck in your ear[what were they called? I had like, 5 Britney songs], Pokemon, Digimon, Gameboy Color...
Am I considered a "90s kid"??
I, too, am having an identity crisis, Adrii.

@ThatOneNut I was born in '94 and what ear thing are you talking about?

HIT-CLIPS!!! i loved that thing!! i had a bunch in second grade, if that's what you're talking about. but i was a second grader in '03, i think, so would that not count? i was born in '96 and i remember shit tons of 90's stuff. i watched pokemon and had troll dolls and snap bracelets, and my favorite shows were doug and angry beavers and all those other ones.

@ThatOneNut I remember everything you are talking about BUT the hit clips or what ever.

yeah, i figured that wasn't it. they were stupid anyway. they played about 30 seconds of a popular song at the time.

@musical HIT-CLIPS!!! i loved that thing!! i had a bunch in second grade, if that's what you're talking about. but i was...

Ahaha yes! Hit-clips! I had one in the shape of a small stereo. I loved it!

@712264 - I think they came with Happy Meals at one point. They were about the size of your first thumb joint and they had one earphone and you sort of clipped it to your ear. You had little chips that you put in and out.

@Katffro I was born in '95. I remember those lurid-colored jackets, snap-bracelets, those music things that you stuck in...

At least I'm not alone. D:

I remember all those things, too. I miss them. Especially the Hit-clips. xD

Pokemon is late 90's at best. I was born in 90 so I pretty much remember the majority of the decade. From muppet babies to jelly shoes and hit clips the spice girls, the original power rangers, ren and stimpy...ect.

Markis avatar Marki Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Marki Pokemon is late 90's at best. I was born in 90 so I pretty much remember the majority of the decade. From muppet...

Muppet Babies! One of my favs when I was little and Alvin and the Chipmunks. Before it was a crappy movie it was an awesome cartoon. And can't forget the Jellys.

Am I the only one who remembers the 80s/90s, not just for Pokemon, Slap Bracelets, etc., but for the friends he/she had in the 90s?

@eldorito Am I the only one who remembers the 80s/90s, not just for Pokemon, Slap Bracelets, etc., but for the friends he/she...

Sorry to leave some people out. Basically, what I'm going at with 80s/90s is the times between when you were 6 and when you were 12 (or if you're a youngun, perhaps younger).

So it goes nineties to noughties, but what to you call the decade of 2010-2019?

@712870

Before NSYNC we had Hansen, Spice girls and Boys to Men.

@ilostmyshoe Before NSYNC we had Hansen, Spice girls and Boys to Men.

hanson*, and oh trust me i know i loved them too, i'm just saying i think i'm a mixture of late 90's and early 00's

SamGs avatar SamG Yeah You Are 0Reply

Rosie O' Donell used the be the Ellen Degeneres (sp?) of day time TV.

thank you '92

rivals avatar rival Yeah You Are 0Reply

I was born in '96. I guess that doesn't make me a 90's kid :(

I was born in the 90s, but I can't rber anything. I was born into the terrible tv shows...

meh...1997.

i dont understand when people say the amanda show was a 90s show.
that was early 2000s, right? :P