+504

You were shocked when you found out that Arthur, from the cartoon show "Arthur", was actually an aardvark, amirite?

2 23

Didn't you see the spelling bee episode? A-A-R-D-V-A-R-K

@legoruthead Didn't you see the spelling bee episode? A-A-R-D-V-A-R-K

I sang that all the time! I loved that episode.

I thought he was an anteater

Supper4dinners avatar Supper4dinner Yeah You Are +5Reply
@No...it's not

sorry for not being specific enough. They're not technically the same thing, but if you show someone an aardvark and ask what it is, 9/10 people will say "anteater"

He's an Aardvark?!

He used to have a nose but it scared kids so they got rid of it.

@ABitDisconsolate He used to have a nose but it scared kids so they got rid of it.

lol didn't they make a book where he had plastic surgery? Like legit plastic surgery. I think it was called Arthur's nose.

@lol didn't they make a book where he had plastic surgery? Like legit plastic surgery. I think it was called...

Oh, my. I just looked that up and here is a quote: “In Arthur's Nose, first grader Arthur decides that he doesn't like his nose. He goes to the rhinologist to change it, but ultimately decides, to the relief of his friends and family, "I'm just not me without my nose!"” So he did not actually have the plastic surgery but the creepy thing is that his parents would take him to get it, a FIRST grader. You can not make decisions like that on a first graders whim! People change their minds all the time! Jeez...

holy crap. i shocked, i thought he was a rat. my whole childhood was a lie.

Arthur is the reason I can spell A-A-R-D-V-A-R-K

Wakors avatar Wakor Yeah You Are +2Reply

I always thought he was some kind of mouse lol

I was channel surfing today and was so excited when I saw that show was on!

I always knew.

@TicTacAddict I always knew.

and you decided not to share with the rest of us who thought me was some kind of deformed bear? how dare you

@and you decided not to share with the rest of us who thought me was some kind of deformed bear? how dare you

Lol! I'm sorry. If it makes the rest of you feel better, I didn't know what Muffy or Francine were. Still don't.

are you serious? i thought he was a mouse or like, a melon-head with massive mickey mouse ears...thats so weird...but it makes sense that the nose would scare kids...hell, it would scare me and im 15...

umm the song A-A-R-D-V-A-R-K they sing in an episode