+113

You cannot say that music is your life if you can't read it, amirite?

2 8

Some people can't actually play music, but they can still listen to it all the time. So even if you suck at music, it could somehow be your life. I guess. I don't know; I'm a musician so..

Yes you can. It certainly helps to read music, but if you can read music by ear really well sheetmusic isn't needed.

please clarify...I don't understand.

People who can't read music can't say it's their life. Like, people will say that music is their life but they can't read sheet music, like telling notes apart. Clearer?

oooh yes agreed, agreed.

Well, I meant it more like reading notes and such.

I love music. Can't read a note, play a note, or really even sing a note. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate the mastery of those who can, and music doesn't influence me.

So you can't enjoy a snow cone unless you are a freezer, or enjoy a car ride unless you are a mechanic?

I distinctly disagree.