+414

america has up to $150 million as a jackpot for the lottery, but the U.S still asks/begs us to contribute money to the goverment to help the country. why dont we just use the money from the freakin lottery! amirite?

zoegoesrawrs avatar
3 19
The voters have decided that zoegoesrawr is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

The lottery is a business; it is profitable. It is not a charity.

You seem to misunderstand how the lottery works, if no one plays the lottery noone wins the lottery, if everyone wins the lottery they only win what they paid for the ticket. It's gambling in a sense not charity

rivals avatar rival No Way +7Reply

Well, they only get that money from people buying lottery tickets. So if no one is going to win, no one would buy them. What is the point?

thats...thats...not how it works.

Someone tell Obama to start buying scratch cards.

monstrositys avatar monstrosity Yeah You Are +4Reply

The lottery is paying for my scholarship.

Luffys avatar Luffy No Way +3Reply
@Luffy The lottery is paying for my scholarship.

Me too. Gotta love the HOPE scholarship.

Still. if america can cough up enough money for that, then we should be able to do the same for Haiti, etc...

@zoegoesrawr Still. if america can cough up enough money for that, then we should be able to do the same for Haiti, etc...

The lottery is a closed system. It doesn't generate money out of somewhere. It takes money that people pay and then redistributes it right back out.

You can't ask Americans in the midst of an economic recession to cough up hundreds of millions of dollars.

Like 1/3 of it is taxed anyway so it actually is going to our government

I thought that's what they were supposed to do...? Or, that's what I HEARD they were supposed to do [if the government needed the money]

The lottery is part of the economy.

The lottery is a scam, is what it is. I can't think of any bigger waste. So many people out there, spending money they don't really have on that infinitesimal sliver of hope... ugh.

420Grrl 0Reply
@The lottery is a scam, is what it is. I can't think of any bigger waste. So many people out there, spending money...

It's not all bad. In Georgia it pays complete tuition for students that can't afford it and have at least a 3.0 GPA.

Luffys avatar Luffy No Way 0Reply

i just hate who someone will waste so much time and money on trying to win the lottery, because if you do that, you have no chance. If you are supposed to win the lottery, you will

The united states government is over 13 TRILLION dollars in debt. thats 13 with twelve zeros after it. 150 million wouldnt even SCRATCH our debt.

Government* Fucking fail.