+310

Did you know Obama spent more money within his first 6 months of office than George Washington through George Bush Jr. combined? WHAT.....THE......FUCK! amirite?

ricer4s avatar
5 100
The voters have decided that ricer4 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Let me just point out that when Bush was elected the country wasn't already deficit spending, in fact Clinton had left with a surplus.... After more than 12 years of deficit spending with Bush Sr. and Reagan.... Did you know that the country was in a recession when Obama got into office?

@Let me just point out that when Bush was elected the country wasn't already deficit spending, in fact Clinton had...

thank you for bringing this up. He was handed a pile of shit and was told to make a diamond ring out of it. sorry to all the extremly conservative reps. That think anyone could do that.

lol. Reagan's policy GAVE Clinton a surplus. "Trickle-down" economics, or Reaganomics, take a few years to take affect.
In this case, it was during Clinton's term. And Clinton's crappy loan policy gave Bush a mess. Bush didn't exactly do a wonderful job, but it's not his fault

The only reason Clinton had a surplus was because he left the government alone while working with his charges for using presidential power to cover up his sex scandal. It's been two years, when are you going to stop blaming Bush?

thatguyss avatar thatguys Yeah You Are -7Reply

Keep hatin' on Obama. You Republicans aren't helping much by voting no on EVERY GOD DAMN PROPOSAL he brings to the table. So shut the fuck up or start trying to help him, instead of being against him because that just makes it harder.

Mikes avatar Mike No Way +15Reply
@Mike Keep hatin' on Obama. You Republicans aren't helping much by voting no on EVERY GOD DAMN PROPOSAL he brings to the...

Well, actually, the democrats hold the majority in congress and senate, so it's obviously not only the republicans saying no. Maybe you should stop pointing the finger at us and raise the issue why Obama can't even convince his own party that he's right. Just saying.

_RUMBLEROAR_s avatar _RUMBLEROAR_ Yeah You Are +4Reply

We'll stop voting no when he starts proposing things that will actually help America, not just himself.

@We'll stop voting no when he starts proposing things that will actually help America, not just himself.

You're right. A nuclear treaty with Russia gives no gain for the American population. And health care for all? Please. [/sarcasm]

I have yet to see a proposal that benefits himself, what have you seen, him saying he wants a raise?

Mikes avatar Mike No Way 0Reply
@scrantoncity He means help himself get back in office. By blaming it all on bush (still).

That has nothing to do with laws or anything else that will help the country. Republicans shoot down everything he comes up with.

Mikes avatar Mike No Way 0Reply
@Mike That has nothing to do with laws or anything else that will help the country. Republicans shoot down everything he...

Oh yeah, blame the republicans. No doubt it's not a good idea, it's just the republicans trying to ruin the country!
When can we stop blaming others? Democrats have majority in Congress. It's not just the republicans, buddy.

@What would the Republicans have done different, spending-wise?

I'm not an expert; don't ask me. I know Obama spent a heck of a lot more money than needed. I don't know if a republican would've done the same, but I wouldn't praise him for being too liberal with my taxes.

@scrantoncity Oh yeah, blame the republicans. No doubt it's not a good idea, it's just the republicans trying to ruin the...

I'm not blaming them, it's a fact. Look at recent votes by Congress and the Senate, republicans vote no for ANYTHING a democrat puts up.

Mikes avatar Mike No Way 0Reply
@Mike I'm not blaming them, it's a fact. Look at recent votes by Congress and the Senate, republicans vote no for...

And I'm saying that even if every single republican voted no it'd be passed.
Learn some math.

@Why does that change the fact that they still all deliberately vote no?

...
Did you read that? It's a stupid idea, so it was voted down. It isn't the republicans' fault. They couldn't deny it themselves. They are in the minority.

@scrantoncity And I'm saying that even if every single republican voted no it'd be passed. Learn some math.

Yes but even some democrats vote no because they're fair and they go by what they really think, not just because their democratic buddies vote yes and need them to do the same. Learn some values.

Mikes avatar Mike No Way 0Reply
@Mike Yes but even some democrats vote no because they're fair and they go by what they really think, not just because...

That isn't the point, buddy. The point is you're saying the republicans are stopping Obama. Well no, that isn't true. They don't have the power to stop him.

@scrantoncity That isn't the point, buddy. The point is you're saying the republicans are stopping Obama. Well no, that isn't...

They clearly do by voting no on everything he proposes! If they did what's truly right and not just what they want to do to make him look bad, Obama could have gotten so much more done. Keep denying it, though. Republicans are single-handedly stopping Obama from doing what he needs to do.

Mikes avatar Mike No Way 0Reply
@Mike They clearly do by voting no on everything he proposes! If they did what's truly right and not just what they want...

"Republicans are single-handedly stopping Obama..." Yeah, because they have the power to stop him single-handedly. Do you even know what that means? It means without help. They cannot stop him without help. Fail.

@scrantoncity "Republicans are single-handedly stopping Obama..." Yeah, because they have the power to stop him single-handedly...

You and all republicans fail. It is your guys fault Obama can't pass anything in Congress.

Mikes avatar Mike No Way 0Reply
@Mike You and all republicans fail. It is your guys fault Obama can't pass anything in Congress.

Ooooh good one.

Come up with something original for once.
And learn what "single-handedly" means. Because you obviously don't have a clue.

@scrantoncity Ooooh good one. Come up with something original for once. And learn what "single-handedly" means. Because you...

Without the republicans acting like little school girls, we could have a lot more passed. If they would vote fairly and without prejudice towards democrats, we could be moving forward. That seems single-handedly to me.

Mikes avatar Mike No Way 0Reply
@Mike Without the republicans acting like little school girls, we could have a lot more passed. If they would vote...

That's what single-handedly means? I thought it was alone, without any help. As in they could do it without democrats. I guess I was wrong, for you definitely explained that well!

Not. Go back to school, learn what single-handedly means, learn about current events, then come talk to me. Because right now, you're not the smartest guy on this post.

@scrantoncity That's what single-handedly means? I thought it was alone, without any help. As in they could do it without...

Your only argument so far seems to be that I'm using single handedly the wrong way. Get real, go home you need to learn what we're talking about. Look up some stats on voting results and look at who voted for what.

Mikes avatar Mike No Way 0Reply

Really? The Republican Party should learn values? You're kidding, right? That was a joke, right? This is coming from Mr. GD up there, who is also probably pro-choice but you're right I need to learn values :|

@Really? The Republican Party should learn values? You're kidding, right? That was a joke, right? This is coming...

Alright fuck face stop stuttering and asking the same question over and over. I am pro-choice, got a problem with that? I don't care, bitch! And yes republicans are unfair they vote no for everything a democrat proposes, instead of thinking logically and making their own decision.

Mikes avatar Mike No Way +2Reply
@Mike Alright fuck face stop stuttering and asking the same question over and over. I am pro-choice, got a problem with...

I've been reading some of those posts.
I don't agree with EVERYTHING Scrantoncity believes in [based on the posts of his I've seen], but he has a point. You're wrong. Republicans can't "single-handedly" vote down a law proposed by Democrats. Just admit you're wrong about that.
And it's sad that you had to resort to cursing to get your point across.

@Mike I'm sick of idiots not listening. Sad that you pointed out I cursed, who cares?

It kind of means you lost that argument.
And YOU'RE sick of idiots? An argument was started over your contradiction.

@Katffro No, because you had to resort to swearing.

Which is exactly what I just said, smart one.

Mikes avatar Mike No Way 0Reply
@Mike Which is exactly what I just said, smart one.

Nonono. A swear is fine. The fact that you had to use so many made you seem like you were trying to act "tough" and "smart". Insults are the same.
A curse can show emotion, but what you did seemed childish. You couldn't get your point across with simple logic. You had to throw in some swears. And by some, I mean a lot.

@Katffro Nonono. A swear is fine. The fact that you had to use so many made you seem like you were trying to act "tough" and...

Three. Not a lot. And I am using VERY simple logic but for some reason you simple minded republicans cannot process what I'm saying. For the last time: republicans vote NO on everything a democrat proposes. A democrat might also vote NO on something he doesn't agree with that a fellow democrat proposes. Just because someone is the same party as you doesn't mean they have to support you. But for some reason that is what republicans do and they do their best to make sure democrats get absolutely NOTHING done. Is that simple enough for you to understand!?!?

Mikes avatar Mike No Way 0Reply
@Mike Three. Not a lot. And I am using VERY simple logic but for some reason you simple minded republicans cannot...

That's not what we "simple-minded republicans" said. YOU said they could "single-handedly" defeat any laws. Which you later contradicted by saying democrats also voted it down. Last /I/ checked, that doesn't mean single-handedly. You're denying. That was the argument.
Case closed.
I'm done with this conversation. G'day.

@Katffro That's not what we "simple-minded republicans" said. YOU said they could "single-handedly" defeat any laws. Which...

BUT, if republicans were fair and voted with what they really thought like democrats do, Obama could have gotten a lot more done. Which you people are too stupid to understand. Good night*.

Mikes avatar Mike No Way 0Reply
@Mike BUT, if republicans were fair and voted with what they really thought like democrats do, Obama could have gotten a...

If they aren't getting passed it's much more than Republicans. Do a little more research Mike then try to argue.

@If they aren't getting passed it's much more than Republicans. Do a little more research Mike then try to argue.

Oh my fucking god. I said that democrats do vote against their own sometimes if they don't agree. Which is FINE, as long as they're being FAIR unlike the republicans.

Mikes avatar Mike No Way 0Reply
@Mike Oh my fucking god. I said that democrats do vote against their own sometimes if they don't agree. Which is FINE...

You do all realize they can filibuster, yeah? Need a vote of 60 to stop it. I believe the Republicans have 41, independent 2 and Democrats 57. So actually they can stop things from passing. Stop whining, go out and vote Nov 2nd.

Wow, learning lessons. You're mom must be proud using words like fuck face, GD, and bitch. Pat yourself on the back Mr. Democrat. You're the perfect example for Democrats everywhere!

@Wow, learning lessons. You're mom must be proud using words like fuck face, GD, and bitch. Pat yourself on the...

You totally avoided the main issue in your first comment to me and just basically asked if republicans need to learn values, then said I'm pro choice. Shut the hell up and go home, you obviously have no argument here.

Mikes avatar Mike No Way +1Reply

What the heck did he buy?! Better have been a potion to end the recession or something along the lines of that.

yeah it was called a bailout for couple of previous presidents that fucked it up.

The days of George Washington you could probably run the country which at the time was 13 states on like 100 dollars or something, probly less

@The days of George Washington you could probably run the country which at the time was 13 states on like 100...

It isn't just George Washington the post is about, did you not read where it said THROUGH George W. Bush's office. It isn't 100 dollars anymore there buddy.

abbypoores avatar abbypoore Yeah You Are +3Reply

Bush had eight years. Give Obama some time to work on this. Our country is hell. You can't expect him to fit it right away.
America elected him. So deal with it. Help out and make the best of it. We can't change it now.

@Bush had eight years. Give Obama some time to work on this. Our country is hell. You can't expect him to fit it...

I agree with you. Obama hasn't had time to fix everything, and I'm pretty sure during one of his speeches he said "things will get worse before they get better".

I read this whole thread, and the only point you made was that the republicans single handedly are stopping Obama....ummmm democrats have majority in congress. Soooo ummmmm it's impossible for that to happen. :P

@I read this whole thread, and the only point you made was that the republicans single handedly are stopping...

If you read this whole thread you would have read that I said democrats don't always vote yes for Obama because they might not agree with certain things. Republicans on the other hand vote no for everything just because a democrat came up with the idea.

Mikes avatar Mike No Way 0Reply
@Mike If you read this whole thread you would have read that I said democrats don't always vote yes for Obama because...

republicans don't vote no on obama's bills just because they are republicans. that's the weakest argument I've ever heard.

@republicans don't vote no on obama's bills just because they are republicans. that's the weakest argument I've ever...

I know right? They voted no because they had no idea what was in the bill because the democrats shut and locked the doors on them.

Reading some of these arguments are entertaining

.....I'm pretty sure one of the first lessons life teaches you is to not believe everything someone says....Now, this is a post on Amirite, and all of you guys just believe it? It's not even a reasonable post either, about 200 years of spending trumped by 6 months? C'mon....

You're absolutely right. Innocent women and children being murdered, why would we waste our money on that crap? Now, funding exotic ant research like Obama, that's worth it! Way to go, Obama!

_RUMBLEROAR_s avatar _RUMBLEROAR_ Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Katffro And seeing how certain animals react when on drugs. It's VERY important ;)

Oh, sure. Bush only got us into a stupid, pointless and wasteful war with a country that doesn't deserve our ire to protect his oil-buddies, and made countless other bad decisions. At least Obama's trying to end it. I'm sick of this stupid war. Bush garnered the hatred of the rest of the world. I hate that to be called an American now has a shameful connotation with the rest of the world.

@Memento Oh, sure. Bush only got us into a stupid, pointless and wasteful war with a country that doesn't deserve our ire to...

...Why did you reply to me? That post had absolutely nothing to do with mine, about the drugs and animals.

@Katffro ...Why did you reply to me? That post had absolutely nothing to do with mine, about the drugs and animals.

Did I? I apologize, I didn't mean to. I don't know how that happened, I just wanted to rant. What about animals?

@Memento Did I? I apologize, I didn't mean to. I don't know how that happened, I just wanted to rant. What about animals?

Ha I understand! Happens to the best of us.
He's giving money to scientists to test the effects of drugs on animals and how aforementioned animals react.

@Katffro Ha I understand! Happens to the best of us. He's giving money to scientists to test the effects of drugs on animals...

Ahh, thank you! -^; for some reason this post is being really weird...I'm typing on an iTouch and I can't see what I'm doing, so sorry for typos.
Ohh, funding? Is there an article I can read? I'd like more info on that. Maybe they're testing medicine. The wannabe-scientist in me needs to know =O

@Katffro It was a few months ago. I can't find it. Sorry!!

Oh, that's okay, I'll probably stumble across it eventually. I'm going to start dissections someday, and animals always interest me. Research gets me all excited...I'll google it! Yay google!

I personally prefer to sit back wand watch politicians (and you people) argue about stuff.

P.S. The wall's bleeding again.

Did you, like, also know, like, that Bush started a war, and like, killed the economy? WHAT THE FUCKKKKK. Seriously. We really don't need uneducated ignorance anymore so shut up.

@Bush didn't kill the economy, Tia did it.

How very clever of you. I'm sure the future of America thanks you and your witty retorts. Not.

Bush entered a war against an enemy no one can actually name. A war on "terror!" A war Americans have no business entering but have done so because of the men behind the curtains. I.e the Rockefeller family, a family of oil tycoons, who actually sold American oil to Nazi forces after the Lusitania was purposely sailed into an area known to be patrolled by U-boats which made the Americans "demand" going into war, getting exactly what the oil tycoons want, but still staying behind the curtain. Same thing with pearl harbor, and now 9/11. The entire American government has been corrupted. Obama seems to be the only light in that country, trying to end the imaginary war, health care, etc.

Bull fucking shit. Maybe if bush didn't fuck this country up so damn much, then we'd all be happy. You gave bush 8 years to ruin this country, so don't complain obama can't fix in it a fucking day.

@Bull fucking shit. Maybe if bush didn't fuck this country up so damn much, then we'd all be happy. You gave bush 8...

It's been almost 2 years...that's less than a quarter of the time Bush was in office. Our deficit is 13 TRILLION dollars. Bush had a SURPLUS of over 300 million. http://www.pagetutor.com/trillion/index.html THAT'S what a trillion dollars looks like.

He's been a terrible pres. Only reason he got in was because he's black and he speaks well.

@Please explain what he has done that is terrible.

How about running the country into the ground with all the unnecessary spending?

If practically any of the countries we are indebted to cashed in the Debts we'd be royally screwed.
Russia, China, Iran just to name a few. If they were to call in the debts America would become like Germany after WWII

@scrantoncity How about running the country into the ground with all the unnecessary spending? If practically any of the...

Unnecessary spending? What the hell else should he fund? You call that unnecessary spending, but Bush spent BILLIONS in Iraq with no plans of withdrawal. If Obama has to spend more for withdrawal, so be it.

@Unnecessary spending? What the hell else should he fund? You call that unnecessary spending, but Bush spent...

Wow woah! Read the post, buddy. Whatever bush spent is insignificant compared to all the money Obama has spent.

Example, bailing out Fannie may and Freddie Mac! Why? The CEOs of both those were lying scumbags and he helped them both!

@http://www.democrats.com/bush-b...n-and-counting

You see, who's in charge of fannie and Freddie? Surely that's not bush's job, is it? Then why blame him! Oh, because you're biased.

@670785

This recession is nearly as bad as the "Great Depression." You know why we're the only country who adds "Great" to it? To make Roosevelt seem like a better person. Every other country calls it the "Depression."

@scrantoncity This recession is nearly as bad as the "Great Depression." You know why we're the only country who adds "Great" to...

I thought it was called the "Great" Depression because it was so bad... So the great emphasized how bad the depression was. As in, "I was greatly in debt."

No country is going to want to cash in on our debt at the moment. If they did, they'd ruin their own economy. For example, China wanting their money back would stop American from being able to buy all their products. With no buyers, China has very little to no profitable income, resulting in their own huge depression and a global economic crash.

@No country is going to want to cash in on our debt at the moment. If they did, they'd ruin their own economy. For...

They could if we pissed them off. I'm surprised the Russians didn't. That button Obama gave them sure was offensive!

Where did you even get that information? And WHY has no one else asked this? (if someone already did, I'm sorry--I didn't feel like wasting my life reading all of these comments.)

We were actually talking about this in class today. But my teacher thinks that it wasn't the best idea, but if he hadn't done what he did, and didn't go off spending to money to pay for other debts, we would be in a much worse situation than we already are.

It's called INFLATION, yea?