+569

Saying that Harry Potter is a book about magic is like saying that Animal Farm is a book about animals, amirite?

GrammarNinjas avatar Books
41 53
The voters have decided that GrammarNinja is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1734935

"Four legs good, two legs better!" That honestly made me so sad. Then Boxer...:(

@1734935

Well snowball was still a bit evil but he didn't die. He just got chased rapidly around the farm by dogs and escaped. I felt bad when everything was constantly blamed on snowball.

We just read Animal Farm in English class! Napoleon should've been bacon.

@Lauraladybug We just read Animal Farm in English class! Napoleon should've been bacon.

Malfoy wasnt half as evil and greedy, he was nothing like napoleon. J.k Rowling didn't make readers really hate malfoy... Sure he was a pain, but you pitied him and felt sorry for him later. While George Orwell deliberately made the readers hate napoleon and feel no pity. He made you get angry while J.k Rowling just made you dislike malfoy. Malfoy never really did anything bad. Napoleon murdered.

So what you're getting at is that MALFOY should have been some wizard skinny jeans?

I was about to say "Animal Farm isn't even a book!" but then I realized I was thinking of Farmville

whaaat

All wizards are magical, but some wizards are more magical than others.

I'm sorry, but why is this POTD? It's just stating the obvious, and has no humorous, clever or thought-provoking value to it. It's just an obvious simile.

I must be missing something...

Magic is an important factor of HP, while Animal Farm has nothing to do with animals.

@Nacklefoodle Magic is an important factor of HP, while Animal Farm has nothing to do with animals.

Or more, the animals in animal farm are all allegorical symbols, while the magic in HP is not a symbol but an actual plot device.

Ctiscooler, that's exactly what I meant to say. The animals themselves don't have anything to do with the plot.

I think the OP meant that both assumptions - that Animal Farm is about animals and Potter is about magic - are shallow and incomplete evaluations of books that are blatantly meant to paint a bigger picture. In that sense, it's totally true.

People please... Read between the lines.

@People please... Read between the lines.

I was looking through TV guide and it said "Between the lines" but i thought it was lions and i was like WTF.

OnePiecepkmns avatar OnePiecepkmn Yeah You Are +6Reply

As in their both true?

Uh huh... That's the point...

Am I the only one who thinks the POTDs are becoming worse and worse?

@lillyk435 Am I the only one who thinks the POTDs are becoming worse and worse?

Considering how many times I've seen almost this exact comment? No. No you aren't.

Tell your fellow amirite members to stop suggesting stupid posts for POTD.

Yeah but I'm pretty sure he takes our suggestions into consideration

Stop making shit posts and you'll stop having shit POTDs

I didn't mean to say "No, I think POTD sucks." I meant "No, I think the POTDs are fine." there are a lot of posts on amirite? And you can't expect mods/Anthony/whomever picks them to spend their lives finding the perfect POTD for everyday.

Rass avatar Ras Yeah You Are +1Reply

And like saying Odd Future is rapping about raping, murdering and cannibalism... not that I expect a giant amount of people to know who they are.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are -1Reply