+500

" The dish was delicious, put I found your presentation very lacking." Dear Food Network judges: Food is meant to taste good, not look pretty. If you can't realize that, you shouldn't even be on Food Network. amirite?

spursman21s avatar Food & Drink
8 14
The voters have decided that spursman21 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Have you ever thought that on the Food Network, the viewers can't actually taste what the person on TV is making? So the only thing the people at home can go by to decide if they like the dish or not is looks. That's why you need something to look appealing on the Food Network.

as long as it doesn't look completely bad (at least 6 out of 10) then i'd eat it. i'd rather focus on taste than looks

@litapd311 as long as it doesn't look completely bad (at least 6 out of 10) then i'd eat it. i'd rather focus on taste than looks

But on the Food Network, the food isn't in front of you, you have to go make the food. So, are you going to make something not from the Food Network that's an 8 out of 10 looks wise or something from the Food Network that's 6 out of 10 looks wise. Since you really have nothing else to base your decision on, you're most likely going to go with the 8 out of 10.

@CapedCrusader But the viewer can't taste it even if the judges can

wait, is this talking about shows where they have competition like iron chef or shows where they give you recipes like good eats and ohers?

@litapd311 wait, is this talking about shows where they have competition like iron chef or shows where they give you recipes...

I dunno, I guess that would make a big difference. Personally, I was thinking of the Next Food Network Star because I forgot about Iron Chef and that was the only other cooking show I could think of with judges.

@CapedCrusader I dunno, I guess that would make a big difference. Personally, I was thinking of the Next Food Network Star because...

and when i mean don't base it on looks, i mean make it look good, but focus more on taste then looks.

The food has to look good before someone eats it!
It doesn't have to look like art, but it still has to look neat.

You eat first with your eyes, though. Would you want to eat a steak dinner off of a trashcan lid? Probably not.

they are professionals, have you got a degree in culinary? it's an art and all

i wouldnt want to eat something that doesnt look good

You want to eat something visually appealing. I'm sorry, but even if you promise me that the Chicken Marsala in front of me is the best thing I'll ever eat, if it looks like it was puked and pooped on, I will refuse.