-209

The bible says that god made Adam in his own image and then made Eve from Adam's rib in order to please man. Therefore women exist to please men, because that's what the bible says, amirite?

1 29
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

The bible is made up though, so, bull shit anyway.

@The bible is made up though, so, bull shit anyway.

yeah, that's what i was gonna say. it's chock full of bullshit.

@You can't prove that either...

Unless you count all the contradictions in the bible as proving that it's incompatible with itself, see e.g.
http://www.infidels.org/library...adictions.html

@Unless you count all the contradictions in the bible as proving that it's incompatible with itself, see...

And your point? The strongest part of Christianity is faith. We are not supposed to know everything because it's God's Plan, not ours. We should be thankful for what we are given.

@And your point? The strongest part of Christianity is faith. We are not supposed to know everything because it's...

So what am I supposed to have faith in, exactly: that god created the animals first (Genesis 1:25-1:26), or that he created man first (Genesis 2:18-2:19). Did Jesus rise after three days had passed (i.e. on the fourth day) as prophecied, or did he rise on the third day? These are not deep theological questions, but cases of the bible not even being able to keep the 'facts' straight.

@So what am I supposed to have faith in, exactly: that god created the animals first (Genesis 1:25-1:26), or that he...

Honestly, I can't speak for all the Christians of the world since everyone thinks a little differently. What I believe is that since stories were passed down for years and years through oral tradition, the art of the language may have changed- many Christian scientists and theologists have some theories to answer your questions, I don't. I just believe that I don't need to know everything and I am happy with what God has given me now.

Sometimes i just LOVE to be Jewish. Although Jews are taught many of the same Bible stories as Christians, we are also taught that it is our duty to question them, in order to find the real truth and lessons in the stories. I can't abide by a religion that tells you to just blindly believe.

@Sometimes i just LOVE to be Jewish. Although Jews are taught many of the same Bible stories as Christians, we are...

Well with all due respect... you don't have to. Some people (actually millions of people) are incredibly happy to be Christian.

That's actually not what the bible says. Nice try, though.

@ilovecranberries That's actually not what the bible says. Nice try, though.

Whoops, you're right. Women were actually created to SERVE men. Genesis 2:18-23:
18 The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

19 Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of the air and all the beasts of the field.
But for Adam no suitable helper was found. 21 So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

23 The man said,
"This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called 'woman'

@Whoops, you're right. Women were actually created to SERVE men. Genesis 2:18-23: 18 The LORD God said, "It is not...

"help" and "serve" are completely different words, as you clearly did not notice.

@aggie2014 "help" and "serve" are completely different words, as you clearly did not notice.

Yet the fact remains that according to the bible, women were created as an afterthought for the benefit of men. Stop mincing words.

@Yet the fact remains that according to the bible, women were created as an afterthought for the benefit of men...

I'm not, I'm looking at the direct quote you gave. So yes, women were created second. Yes, we benefit men. Therefore, where would men be without us? Oh yeah, nonexistent.

@aggie2014 I'm not, I'm looking at the direct quote you gave. So yes, women were created second. Yes, we benefit men...

Actually, the bible makes it quite clear that if it weren't for Eve, Adam would still be alive and in the garden of Eden.

Romans 5:12 - Therefore as sin came into the world through one man and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all men sinned--

i.e. immortality existed before sin. Also, it was Eve's fault that they were cast out of the garden:

2 The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.' "

4 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband

It wasn't an afterthought, idiot. He made man first, but that doesn't mean that woman was not planned and necessary.

@ilovecranberries It wasn't an afterthought, idiot. He made man first, but that doesn't mean that woman was not planned and necessary.

Umm, no. Reread the verse quoted above. Not only does verse 18 state that his initial motivation to create the animals is to find a helper for adam, it is only _after_ doing and trying to find him an animal helper that he decides that the creation of woman is necessary (verse 20). There really is no avoiding the fact that Christianity is inherently incompatible with any kind of modern feminist thought.

@Umm, no. Reread the verse quoted above. Not only does verse 18 state that his initial motivation to create the...

Well, it isn't exactly modern :P And besides Eve, women have done many great things for men since then. Plus God created Adam because he needed help, if God hadn't created Eve Adam would still need help...

DARWIN!!!

^^^ true dat

^ might as well be that story, either one is just as believable

where's the relevance?

No, she was made by his rib to be close to his heart to love , and close to his arms to be protected. :)

Good thing the Bible's a lie.

Lemme guess. You are a 40 something year old man who lives in your mothers basement and you say that because you have never had a woman. And you don't think thats justified. But I do.

i don't think he's being misogynistic so much as pointing out the flaws of the bible, and religious hypocrisy in general.