+110

If we evolved from Monkeys, how come they're still here? amirite?

0 27

We didn't evolve specifically from monkeys. Both we and monkeys evolved from the same species; we evolved differently, but we're still technically related. Saying that is like saying "We share 50% of our DNA with bananas, so why are they still here" (we technically do.)

Ok, I am sorry if I repeated a point that was spoken up there <_<
but not all of us evolve, only some. :/
Think Pokemon but that would be a bad example <_<

oinks avatar oink No Way +1Reply

Evolution's a tree not a ladder.

Ninjachristian, you have either been sorely misinformed or you seriously misunderstood what you were reading. Either way none of your points make any sense.

you would take being told your misinformed as a religious insult wouldn't you? that's the same close minded attitude that you say other people have and what makes you bigots against other people. we are not trashing your ideals and beliefs as a christian, I'm atheist and believe that Christians have the right idea with manners and ethics and stuff... its just the reason they have them r what bug me. BE NICE OR GO TO HELL. BE NICE AND YOU GET THIS REWARD OF HEAVEN. its not really being nice then is it?

NinjaChristian is being facetious, amirite?

Well, I'm just trying to live up to my account name, ninjaCHRISTIAN.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend your beliefs or anything; I'm just a little bit of an evolution enthusiast :/

Another thing, if the world was formed by two cells, how come it hasn't happened again?

Who says that the world was formed by two cells? And who's to say there isn't life outside this planet? There has been water found on Mars, suggesting multitudes of microscopic-beings somewhere other than Earth; there has been life elsewhere, just not life that is complex as ours. Quite frankly, it has to do with the near perfect location that Earth has relative to the sun.

Well, most books I read have this strange idea that when two cells came together they formed a massive explosion that made the universe.

By the way, I believe that there's life on other planets.

So all of that other typing was pointless to do.

I thought that planets break off of large meteors and are pulled into the orbit/atmosphere of the largest object in the area (in our case the sun.) Then they are shaped into spheres via the atmospheric pressure. Cells are microscopic; they can't just explode and create massive rocks and debris. The cells would have to have been located on said meteor, which is plausible due to the evidence we have found on other planets as well as our own.

I KNOW, and how COULD cells explode when they touch?

Exactly :) Sorry about this, I don't get enough chances to debate evolution.

(according to me) Big Bang:0 Christians:1

I'm a die-hard Atheist, but I really try to be open and not offend any other people's ideas.

Wait, sorry, I have to go. |:-(

Another die-hard athiest here. Seriously, why cant christians believe in evolution. I mean come on maybe god created the whole universe with the micro organisms and made evolution.

@Another die-hard athiest here. Seriously, why cant christians believe in evolution. I mean come on maybe god...

That's what I think.
Ninjachristian, why can't you believe in both? Unless you're one of those people who believe the earth is only 3000 years old and that God put the dinosaur bones straight into the Earth to annoy us.

Like one of my above posts, I'm ninjaCHRISTIAN! I don't believe in that evolution or big bang mumbo-jumbo!

I can see how evolution could be possible, but what kind of idiotic dimwit thought of the big bang theory?

By the way, I think Dinosaurs are real, but how God created the world was fake up to the Adam and Eve part. I'm not going against my beliefs or anything, I just think that the origin of the world was just too long ago to know exactly what happened.

And no more calling me seriously misunderstood or anything, because I take that as a religious insult, so you won't be hearing from me for a long time unless you guys get me REAL angry!

This isn't the point of the theory. The theory is that apes and humans share a common ancestor - that is to say, we both evolved from the same species, just in two different "branches," so to speak. As someone posted above me, "Evolution's a tree, not a ladder." Life on Earth started out with a single-celled organism - the trunk of the tree. It splits off into many branches, which split off into many more branches, which split of into more... you get the point. Humans didn't evolve from monkeys/apes - our "branches" of the evolutionary tree both split off from the same branch at some point in history.