+401

It's kind of a backhanded compliment when people tell you that your acne cleared up. amirite?

tdubbs avatar
0 6
The voters have decided that tdubb is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

or when people say "oh, you have lost weight!" then you're like "oh, good to know everyone thought that i was fat before."

@or when people say "oh, you have lost weight!" then you're like "oh, good to know everyone thought that i was fat...

Why's that a backhanded compliment? I don't even see it as a compiment, so much as it is stating a fact. Hey you used to be shorter when you were a kid and now you're tall, because you grew up... WEIRD! It doesn't mean you're tall (in your case, that your skinny) just not as short (in your case, as fat) as you used to be.

@KickAss Why's that a backhanded compliment? I don't even see it as a compiment, so much as it is stating a fact. Hey you...

I agree with Anon, I wasn't ever really fat, just kinda chubby when I was a kid and now everyones like oh my gosh you've lost weight! and they say that EVERY time they see me and it gets on my nerves.

@ashnicoleluvsblg I agree with Anon, I wasn't ever really fat, just kinda chubby when I was a kid and now everyones like oh my gosh...

I think of it as, ZOMG YOU HAVE TWO EYES!!!1!!!11! It means you're surrounded by observant individuals. The way I see it

it's kind of a backhanded compliment when someone compliments your backhand in tennis

Op that isn't a compliment at all.... It means that you used to have acne and it is no longer there, now if they said, you're not as ugly as you used to be before your acne went away, that would be a backhanded compliment. Look up backhanded compliment, if you don't know what it means