+341

I'm not religious nor am I atheist. But a man once told me he believes in reincarnation because all energy on Earth cannot be destroyed it simply passes on to a new form. So when we die, our energy in our body and minds passes on to a new form whether it be an animal, plant, machine, wave energy etc. Just a thought, amirite?

NIKKILEE13s avatar
17 27
The voters have decided that NIKKILEE13 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Cool post. Reminds me of this webcomic, http://xkcd.com/659/. It pretty much takes the opposite perspective.

A good way you can support this idea is the fact of how energy is constant. Kinetic energy makes thermal etc etc well when you die you go cold, the heat radiates into the surroundings touching you and fades away. This could be the energy going back to join elsewhere.

I swear I was John Lennon at one point.

Interesting, but (since you said you aren't religious, I'm assuming you aren't creationist) at some point there was no life on earth, and now it's everywhere. Where'd all that "life energy" come from?

@Interesting, but (since you said you aren't religious, I'm assuming you aren't creationist) at some point there was...

Unfortunately there isn't a 'life energy'. Or at least not one we have discovered yet.

actually an experiment was done in which a man a weighed before and after he died...he was a hair lighter after death supporting that the soul has a weight

this is similar to what the aborigines thought except they believed your spirit came first from the (example) rock so when you die you return to the said rock

When you die, energy stays in your body until it's released as heat. There isn't some other energy that gives life and transcends through death. It's converted from the energy that your body uses into other forms.

How is this not being Atheist? You didn't say anything about a god, so...

This post is facts. When you dieand decompose what ever is decomposing you gets your energy and some will seep into the soil where it can be absorbed by plants. The energy you are made of comes from the same process. Your mom ate whatever which ate whatever which ate dead stuff. You wouldn't have been a single thing in a past life though, maybe a person, 3 wolves, an evergreen tree and a chicken.

@John_Smith This post is facts. When you dieand decompose what ever is decomposing you gets your energy and some will seep into...

there is the law of conservation of energy (no energy can be created nor destroyed) and there is the lawof conservation of MATTER (no matter can be created or destroyed) A decomposing body is MATTER, the soul within the body is ENERGY

Wow, this is very interesting. Thanks for sharing

On the contrary, you're both religious and atheist. You dont beleive in a God, so you're atheist. But you beleive in reincarnation, so you're religious.

@BreakfastFan On the contrary, you're both religious and atheist. You dont beleive in a God, so you're atheist. But you beleive...

see im agnostic but believe in reincarnation. I believe that there is a higher being-but NOT like christians believe as in this being watches you nonstop and cares soooo much about what you do-i mean yeah be a good person and all, but i dont need to shape the way i live my life around this being that is only there to set things in motion-and that if i dont i will burn forever in hell or something thats just silly. There is more than just us on earth, there is a whole UNIVERSE of life and they dont all believe the same thing so are they doomed??? you see we are all one continuous being and its arrogant as fuck to think that out of a whole universe of beings WE are right about existance

Have you been reading Sophie's world?
If not, you should! This theory is in that book too.

Have you been reading Sophie's world?

O I'm sorry, didn't mean to say it twice;)

ALSO: i made a pretty similar post to this months ago

All the energy in your body simply decomposes, it doesn't reincarnate into a new life form.

@wobbuffet All the energy in your body simply decomposes, it doesn't reincarnate into a new life form.

MATTER decomposes, ENERGY moves on elsewere doing whatever. this thing-called the law of conservation of energy-states that energy can not be created or destroyed

Yeah I agree with OP you know that I could have sworn that I was a wolf at one point. I keep on having these feelings. But even tho I'm a girl I also have a feeling I was once a guy given my awkwardness. :(