+10

Sports are overrated, amirite?

Rockys avatar
5 29
The voters have decided that Rocky is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THIS. This year, sooooooo many of the music programs got cut in my school because of budget cuts, but none of the sports got cut. Sports will get you no where in life. Being in music has so much more to offer.

@DestructiveMuffin I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THIS. This year, sooooooo many of the music programs got cut in my school because of budget...

To be fair, you can get a lot of sports scholarships, but there is nothing like music, and my high school put too much importance in its sports program too.

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Rocky To be fair, you can get a lot of sports scholarships, but there is nothing like music, and my high school put too...

Yeah I guess that's true about the sports scholarships. But I will always find music more important, there really is nothing like it.

@3749

Lol not as bad as I would embarrass myself.
I just think there are a lot of other good things you could do with your time haha.

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are 0Reply
@3754

Haha, clearly.

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are 0Reply
@3759

Lol, you'll be surprised to hear that I never went to a single one of my middle school's or high school's sports games. I just couldn't be bothered haha. I wasn't in band though; I was in orchestra. I went to a lot of school concerts.

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are 0Reply

I play violin. I only joined sophomore year though, and I'm in the college orchestra now. (Well, music is my major lol). It's really fun.

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are 0Reply
@3769

Haha, nope. But I'm kind of learning-ish. And I've had a bass for a couple months, so I'm kind of good at that now. I also play piano. But that's cool that your cousin plays!

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are 0Reply
@3775

Hahah, yeah, a lot of people play piano, but I taught myself. I wish my mom tried to give me lessons when I was younger! I'd be so much better. Playing harp is pretty cool though.

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Rocky Hahah, yeah, a lot of people play piano, but I taught myself. I wish my mom tried to give me lessons when I was...

Sport has the potential to bring a nation(South Africa 1995 world cup and the end of apartied. The mear fact that the tournement was played in S.A. was credited with helping the assimilation of blacks into the comunity and the subsequent Lions Tour of 1999 was again credited with assimilating black as well as showing the world how far SA had prgressed) or a group of nations (Lions tour, world cups & Olympics) together like almost nothing else on the planet. It also provides enjoyment to watch regardless of your ability. It is also possible to play sport and enjoy it without any need for competativness. Sport again has the ability to show the world that people care e.g the charity cricket game after the Boxing Day Tsunami. Sports also have the ability to aid peace processes and proove that countries want change, the best example of this would be when the England Rugby Union team ran out on to Croke Park (a stadium in the heart of Dublin) during the middle of the troubles

They recieved the biggest cheer of the entire match just for pitching up and arguably set the ball rolling for the peace process! Dont be so ignorant, arrogant and proud to think that because you are bad at sports that they serve no point and are overrated. It is a closed minded point of view.

@Rocky Fool, I am good at sports. I just don't like them.

Not according to the above conversation mate. Never went to a single middle or high school sports game??? If you were good at sports you would have been involved in the games therefore you would have gone to them, also if you are good at something you tend to enjoy it as it boosts your confidence...I know sin of pride but never the less the truth. I am forced to conclude that you are not good at sport.

@Not according to the above conversation mate. Never went to a single middle or high school sports game??? If you...

I never went to a game...because I don't care about sports. Had I cared, I might have joined a team.

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Rocky I never went to a game...because I don't care about sports. Had I cared, I might have joined a team.

Total rubbish. If sport was so overrated and from what I can work out unimportant according to you the why is The Duke of Wellington quoted as saying that "The Battle of Waterloo was won on the playing-fields of Eton"? Why was Hitler so keen to model his schools in Germany around the sporting aspects of British public schools? Sport as a child is vitally important at fighting obesity not only as a child but when it comes to later on in life. Something your countrymen may want to think about. By the way I am not english but a Saffa.

By not going going to a game not only shows you as being selfish and only interested in things thatmay effect you but also demonstrates a total lack of school/comunity spirit as well as a lack of respect for the players. A good sportsman(in both senses) would go to the games if for no other reason than to show respect for your school and comunity as well as support for the players who give up their time to train to entertain the rest of the school. To my mind this attitude makes you seem to proud/arrogant to admit you were not good enough and therefore decide to shunt sport.

Having seen you picture it would seem that that you were never good at sport and you dont have the stones to admit it onl hide in a blowg of internt anonimity and chat shit about things you have no knowlage of!! It would also appear that users bam bam and alex are correct. You gultless, imoral and sefish bastard! You appear to be a selfish tosser nothing more nothing less you complete wilingless to abondon you school and friends prooves this. Also no GOOD sprotsman doesnt play sports because he 'isnt intrested'in them, that is total horse shit. No more, no less. I am happy to discuss this further my email is stewi200g@gmail.com!

@Having seen you picture it would seem that that you were never good at sport and you dont have the stones to admit...

(The Brit in the US): I think calling me a guiltless, immoral, and selfish bastard is a bit far for not liking sports.

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are +1Reply