+236

Pretty much every single Homophobic person, is a little gay, they just are afraid if they're around a gay person they'll like it and become something they once feared, amirite?

TheTall123s avatar Relationships
2 22
The voters have decided that TheTall123 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I do think "every" is a stretch, but I don't think this is completely wrong; we often hate in others what we fear in ourselves.

Black_No_1s avatar Black_No_1 Yeah You Are +13Reply
@Black_No_1 I do think "every" is a stretch, but I don't think this is completely wrong; we often hate in others what we fear...

"Pretty much every" I want to make posts that aren't sometimes you hate school. It needs to be something that has a clear point and is consistent

or maybe they just grew up hating gay people and its been burned into their psyche

@919463

I actually based this off of around 5 homophobic kids. Most of which don't wear things that dont go with their outfits, the others act gay a lot, more so than other, openminded people

@919867

okay i'll re-word it. They act more sexually friendly with men than the non homophobes i know

A study found that homophobic men were more likely than regular men to get an erection while watching gay porn. The researchers ascribed this to anxiety in the homophobic men but ever since that study was done there's been a conception that homophobic men harbor secret homosexual thoughts.

I get the idea of not wanting to make a wishy washy post, but making swooping generalities is always going to spark debate xD You always seem pretty cool, so I figure you don't mind.

Black_No_1s avatar Black_No_1 Yeah You Are +2Reply
psychwards avatar psychward Yeah You Are +1Reply
@psychward haha @919975 (BadKitteh): wow, at least one person sees some humor in this! awesome :)

@920015 (psychward): Debates can be fun, especially ones where homophobic people try to prove they're not gay, because if they were they would hate themselves for it.

@TheTall123 @920015 (psychward): Debates can be fun, especially ones where homophobic people try to prove they're not gay...

haha i've actually always wondered what a gay homophobic person would do.. and yea, they would, which is stupid cause if you don't know who you are, how can you live your own life? :)

well, technically, everyone has had a homosexual thought or experience (especially in their youth), but that doesnt make them gay

Haha, a nice thought but no. Homophobes are the kind of people who fear what they don't understand or they were raised to believe that homosexuals are somehow a threat to their way of life. Most homophobics, one they actually make the effort to get to know a person who is gay, cease to be homophobic. _^

Truthfully, this post has very little logic in it.

@AmandaRady Truthfully, this post has very little logic in it.

Nah, I'd say there is definitely some truth to this post. Take the study that wobuffet cited above. There's also the anecdotal evidence of the countless anti-gay politicians who have been caught in compromising homosexual situations. That being said, I seriously doubt that "pretty much every single homophobic person" is gay. Many are, Many aren't.

American Beauty is a great movie about this.

@919422

I don't think so.