+280

The fact that people are allowed to marry their cousins in some states is a much greater threat to marriage than gay marriage will ever be, amirite?

pear0doxxs avatar
1 10
The voters have decided that pear0doxx is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

That's two seperate issues.

Buttss avatar Butts Yeah You Are +1Reply

I mean.
I don't think either are really a threat.
To each his/her own.
Plus, even it's repulsive most times it won't affect you directly.

A cousin who is the neice of my mom's sister's husband could legally be married to me, being a guy, because there is actually no blood relation.
I haven't seen where it is legal to marry a blood relative. Where is your data?

@A cousin who is the neice of my mom's sister's husband could legally be married to me, being a guy, because there...

(IsaidWhat?): I'll answer this, since no one else seems to have noticed your question:
http://www.ncsl.org/default.aspx?tabid=4266
It's legal in 20 states.

@(IsaidWhat?): I'll answer this, since no one else seems to have noticed your...

Six states allow first cousin marriage under certain circumstances, and North Carolina allows first cousin marriage but prohibits double-cousin marriage. States generally recognize marriages of first cousins married in a state where such marriages are legal.
I saw where it said California was one but this is what it said:
Marriages between parents and children, ancestors and
descendants of every degree, and between brothers and sisters of the half as well as the whole blood, and between uncles and nieces or aunts and nephews, are incestuous, and void from the beginning, whether the relationship is legitimate or illegitimate.
That doesn't sound legal.

off topic a little why get married

pear0doxxs avatar pear0doxx Yeah You Are 0Reply
@pear0doxx Cause it floats someone's boat?

thats it. very weak but I suppose it's very honest.