+316

An 18 year age difference is a bit too much for siblings, amirite?

2 16

My brothers are 14, 12 and 2 years older than me and my sister 9 and I get along with all of them. But an 18 year gap can be a bit hectic. But I have seen cases like that with up to 21 year difference and usually it just ends up with the older ones spoiling the younger ones or never being in their lives.

Eh, you could have a kid at 21 and a kid at 39. I don't think you can make a blanket statement like that because situations are always different.

My oldest and youngest children are 18 years apart and get on brilliantly :)

My friend is 16 and her brother is about 35 and I think that's a bit much, because it kind of seems like he's more her dad than her brother.

Kaitlyns avatar Kaitlyn Yeah You Are +4Reply

Depends, is it a gap or an age difference? If there are kids in between I get it (there's fourteen years between my youngest sister and me) but it there's no other kids, it's a bit odd.

shelbyam118s avatar shelbyam118 Yeah You Are +3Reply

My brother is 26(going on 27) and my sister is 24(going on 25)..
I'm 14. -.-

Canadian_Ninjas avatar Canadian_Ninja Yeah You Are +2Reply

Eh, it's not that big of a deal. My 5-month-old sister and I have a nearly 20 year age gap between us, and I'm her nanny while I'm home from school. Siblings can be a huge help to working or busy parents.

Depends really, they could have different mums/dads. My brother and I have different dads, and there's a 22 year gap between us.

@Depends really, they could have different mums/dads. My brother and I have different dads, and there's a 22 year...

I agree, there's a 14 year age difference between my little sister and I, but we have different mothers. She is my only sibling and I love her dearly :) (I'm 14 she's 9 months)

me and my siblings are all 2 years apart. it is awesome!

I wish I had that =( My little brother (dad and stepmom's son) is 9 years younger than me, and my mom just told me she's pregnant. I'm 17.

The younger one is an accident...

My dad and my uncle is 23 years apart...

I'm 18 and just found out my dad and his fiancé are having a baby.
I'm not really happy about it due to the fact that my dad wasn't the best father when I was little so I'm having a hard time with him being a better dad to this new baby then he was to me.
I'm going to be a middle child now. I have a older half sister (same mom, we are 22 months apart) and now I'm going to have a little sibling (same dad, going to be 18 almost 19 years apart).
I already don't get to see my dad a lot so with him having a new baby he won't have any time for me.
I know I'm being selfish but I don't want to be a big sister. I don't want anymore change in my life. The past 3 years for me have been non-stop change for me.
Please give me any advice you can! Thank you

Cassidy1118s avatar Cassidy1118 Yeah You Are 0Reply