+588

SOME vegetarians need to get off their self righteous, narrow minded, arrogant, pretentious, high horse and accept the fact some of us like meat. amirite?

baconFESTs avatar
7 100

The above comment just backs up what I said perfectly. It's not murder. The animals live a happy, healthy life until they are killed humanely. They're non the wiser. It's part of life, it's natural, I think you forget we're animals, animals eat other animals and it's not a big deal - it's the circle of life. And by the way, most of us don't personally "murder" the animal. We just buy it and think nothing of it. And just for the record, I love animals more than any human, I do so much charity work and make so many donations to animal charities - not eating meat doesn't help an animal. The meat you're not eating still exists, it's just not being brought.

@baconFEST The above comment just backs up what I said perfectly. It's not murder. The animals live a happy, healthy life...

animals that people eat live a happy life until they're eaten? i'm vegetarian and dont care what people eat but unless i misunderstood its comments like that that make me mad. animals eating each other in nature are allowed a happy life. people usually treat the animals like complete CRAP then kill them. and people eating less meat means less will be sold so eventually less will be killed in my opinion

@animals that people eat live a happy life until they're eaten? i'm vegetarian and dont care what people eat but...

Have you ever lived on a farm? Or anywhere near one for that matter? The people who raise, and subsequently kill/sell, their animals treat them with the utmost respect and importance. A mistreated animal will not yield good meat. Focus on people who just abuse animals for the fun of it, like Michael Vick, or PETA for that matter. Yes, PETA. They needlessly kill a large majority of the animals they "save." I respect your right to not eat meat, please respect mine to do so.

PirateQueens avatar PirateQueen Yeah You Are +2Reply

first of all, the majority of animals are not treated badly. True, there are bad apples in every bunch, but for the most part animals are treated with the utmost respect. There are programs like the beef quality assurance program which ensure proper treatment of animals. I personally raise beef cattle, mostly for show, and I can tell you from experience that they receive better treatment than I do. I also raise show pigs and during smmer months I rinse them down twice a day to keep them cool. I would like to know how many people that don't raise animals would go out at all times of day and all weather conditions just to take care of their animals.

Okay, I'm a vegetarian but I think its totally natural for people to eat meat...its the food cycle. ANIMALS ARE MADE TO EAT OTHER ANIMALS! I'm not a self riteous douche I. Just choose not to eat it and I hate it when some vegetarians feel and act superior because it makes us all look bad when on reality we aren't. Eating meat is healthy and natural I just choose not to...

I absolutely looovveeee how you emphasized "SOME", because some people were bound to get all butt hurt over this.

Exhibit A: ProudToBeAVegHead.

And by the way, "Veg Head" you are EXACTLY the kind of person he was describing.

I LOVVVEEE me some bacon. What are you gonna do about it? MUAHAHAHA.

@ItsBritniBetch I absolutely looovveeee how you emphasized "SOME", because some people were bound to get all butt hurt over this...

Especially when its on something else. I'll eat me some baconaters any day of the week! But no seriously... Put some bacon in a tortilla... then some cheese... then like a slice of tomato..... greatness.... in tha mouth....

i was going to not vote till i saw the SOME. I'm vegetarian, but i could care less if you ate meat or not. i don't because i believe in my religion. it's just how life is

litapd311s avatar litapd311 Yeah You Are +3Reply

I wonder if the "some" vegetarians you speak of realise what would happen to the millions of animals being raised for meat if we were to all give up meat like they want us to? There would be a mass culling of all of them because finacially it would just be cheaper. Besides if we weren't meant to eat meat we wouldn't have canine teeth would we?

I just hate how some people are vegetarians because they claim "meat is murder" when the fruits and vegetables they eat are/were living things too. In order for us to live, something has to die, it's the food chain.

Blarghs avatar Blargh Yeah You Are +2Reply

It's annoying when they do that. I mean, I'm a vegetarian and I just let people eat meat. It's my choice not theirs. Stupid self-righteous vege-heads making the rest of us look bad -__-

koopoo3000s avatar koopoo3000 Yeah You Are +2Reply

People like that are annoying. I'm a vegetarian but thats my lifestyle choice. I'm going to be a veterinary major next year and i love animals more than most people. I dont look down on people for eating meat, i know people dont share the same feelings i have towards it. i dont believe in factory farming, the way animals are treated is horrible. I think those are the people that need to make a change. Eating meat is fine, cruelty is not.

Lindss avatar Linds No Way +2Reply
@Linds People like that are annoying. I'm a vegetarian but thats my lifestyle choice. I'm going to be a veterinary major...

I agree completely. I don't believe in cruel treatment of the animals at all. But then again, I don't think anyone does meat eater or not. But instead of focusing on others diets, I think people should be focusing on REAL abuse and cruelty that goes in in peoples homes and on the streets - I read a story today about a cat who was tortured then hung from a tree and left to die - that's what needs to stop, not people eating meat.

@baconFEST I agree completely. I don't believe in cruel treatment of the animals at all. But then again, I don't think anyone...

yeah i know i hate that stuff. I saw some guy on the news that covered a cat from head to toe in duct tape just because he wandered into his yard. I always thought it would be great to be one of those animal cops but i dont think i could resist beating some ass everytime i found some jerk mistreating their little puppies or whatever it is they have.

Lindss avatar Linds No Way 0Reply
@Linds yeah i know i hate that stuff. I saw some guy on the news that covered a cat from head to toe in duct tape just...

Yeah I know what you mean. You'd just feel so tempted to give them the same treatment they gave the poor animal - actually, that's pretty good punishment for animal abuse!

@baconFEST Yeah I know what you mean. You'd just feel so tempted to give them the same treatment they gave the poor animal -...

ha i know it is! if only there wasnt that whole constutional right against cruel punishment

Lindss avatar Linds No Way 0Reply
@Linds ha i know it is! if only there wasnt that whole constutional right against cruel punishment

They should seriously reconsider. I mean, it makes sense, cruel people receive a cruel punishment. Simple!

@baconFEST They should seriously reconsider. I mean, it makes sense, cruel people receive a cruel punishment. Simple!

honestly i think that whatever you did, you should have done to you. i think that would really get the point across that what they did was wrong

Lindss avatar Linds No Way 0Reply
@Linds honestly i think that whatever you did, you should have done to you. i think that would really get the point across...

Yeah definitely. I never understood why the punishment of animal abuse is so tame, I mean, you get a fine. What are the sickos learning from that? They'll just do it again. In my opinion, hurting an animal is just as bad as hurting a child yet the penalties are poles apart.

@baconFEST Yeah definitely. I never understood why the punishment of animal abuse is so tame, I mean, you get a fine. What are...

yeah i know i dont understand it. I mean at least a child has the ability to ttell someone what is happening, that defenseless animal cant even get help. Animals can be your best friends if you treat them right i dont get why people dont.

Lindss avatar Linds No Way 0Reply
@Linds yeah i know i dont understand it. I mean at least a child has the ability to ttell someone what is happening, that...

That's true, there's also a lot more help available for children. Animals only escape the abuse if someone finds out - it's sad that 9 times out of 10 no one ever does. I always think that, an animals love seems so much more sincere than that of a human, people shouldn't take them from granted.

@baconFEST That's true, there's also a lot more help available for children. Animals only escape the abuse if someone finds...

So true, an animal isnt going to play games with you or anything like that. They're genuine creatures, i just dont get how people can think that their feelings dont matter

Lindss avatar Linds No Way 0Reply

factory farming is not real. If you ask a farmer or rancher about a factory farm, they don't even know what that is. The closest thing I can think of to a factory farm is say a feedlot or large dairy, and at these places the animals are treated humanely.

@codirenae factory farming is not real. If you ask a farmer or rancher about a factory farm, they don't even know what that...

are you for real? Like do you never get out of your house? Factory farms have nothing to do with real farmers... factory farms are where animals are packed in like sardines and are forced to live amongst the rotting carcasses of animals that didnt survive in the shitty conditions they're kept in. If you dont believe me go to peta2.com and see for yourself. Every fast food restaurant gets their chickens, pigs, and cows from factory farms. Some places, like KFC and McDonalds, even scald their chickens alive. I've done my research so dont try to tell me factory farms arent real.

Lindss avatar Linds No Way -1Reply
@Linds are you for real? Like do you never get out of your house? Factory farms have nothing to do with real farmers...

that is untrue. On the fast food side of things, whataburger gets their beef from Sam Cain packing company. Others get theirs grom packers all over the US. There honestly is no such thing as a factory farm. I actually get out of my house quite often. I am very involved in the beef industry. Just this last weekend I was at Texas A&M University furthering my knowledge of the beef industry and how to advocate beef. "Factory farm" is a term coined by animal rights organizations to describe what I would assume is feedlots or other large farms. I have never seen or heard of an actual factory farm. As for PETA, their primary goal is the abolition of animal agriculture. They spend millions of dollars every year trying to reach this goal. A lot of footage they show is actually staged, believe it or not.

@codirenae that is untrue. On the fast food side of things, whataburger gets their beef from Sam Cain packing company. Others...

ive never heard of whataburger. Im just saying the national fast food restaurants get their meat from factory farms. I've seen too many videos and read too many articles, from places other than animal rights organizations to believe that its staged. I've seen plenty of things from these farms that I'll never be able to forget, all of it real. I've seen cows and pigs getting their throats slit while conscious. I've seen pigs getting picked up by their hind legs and slammed onto the ground, along with male chicks being thrown into piles to die because they're worthless to the farms. Call these places what you will, the treatment there is anything but humane.

Lindss avatar Linds No Way 0Reply
@Linds ive never heard of whataburger. Im just saying the national fast food restaurants get their meat from factory...

and I'm sorry, I forget that whataburger is only in Texas. And would you mind describing to me a factory farm? Since I apparently don't get out much I would love to know what this is.

@just watch Food, Inc. it shall explain all.

or maybe you should watch Fowl Play because it explains it all as well

Lindss avatar Linds No Way 0Reply

sorry i didnt meant to direct that at you lol

Lindss avatar Linds No Way 0Reply

I disagreed until you said SOME. PEOPLE, THE OP SAID SOME, NOT ALL.

I actually don't mind when a vegetarian challenges my eating habits. I know I can outrun them in a discussion. (I'm going to be a Food Sciences major, DUH).

I just hate thinking that they're snidely thinking in their head that I have disgusting eating habits, or something like that.

I'm not a vegetarian, and it really annoys me when people try to make me feel bad about eating meat. If you don't support eating meat, then don't eat it. In fact, I have a lot of respect for vegetarians. That being said, I'm not going to stop eating meat because of someone else's beliefs. Besides, animals in the wild eat meat all the time. What's so different about humans?

@JustASmallTownGirl I'm not a vegetarian, and it really annoys me when people try to make me feel bad about eating meat. If you don't...

Exactly the reason I said what I said in #392130... Why get mad at humans and not the wildlife that do it every day?

a lot of animals are caged up and live a horrible life until theyre killed. that doesnt happen in nature

@a lot of animals are caged up and live a horrible life until theyre killed. that doesnt happen in nature

No the animals are just scared shitless before they're chased and torn apart slowly and brutally by a pack of hungry beasts instead.

My Sister is a Vegetarian, and my dad is basically A Carnivore.. and my sister doesnt care at all..
So, yes, not all Vegetarians are like that... but some are. and i agree.. it gets annoying. xD

I've been a vegetarian since birth, and honestly I don't care about what you eat. Coz I hate it when someone asks me to give up pizza just coz its not healthy. But I can't stand the smell of meat.

I agree, that some vegetarians can be like that, however there's an equal number of meat-eaters that just can't accept the fact that we DON'T like meat. It's all personal choice, and I think it should be left at that. It's like arguing that people shouldn't be allowed to like the color blue or something.

Briis avatar Brii No Way +1Reply
@Brii I agree, that some vegetarians can be like that, however there's an equal number of meat-eaters that just can't...

EXACTLY!!! i get waaay more shit about not eating meat than i give about eating it. eat what you want but i hate when people try and prove me otherwise

@365586

You are awesome for stating some. I could care less about who eats what.
But I personally get irritated when people bug me about trying meat or tell me that I am missing out. And honestly, for me being raised as a vegetarian, it is a disgusting thought. But so is eating an avacado, just cuz I think it tastes bad.
To summarize, its gross because I don't think its noy appetizing, not because killing animals is oh so bad. Lol.

@lana You are awesome for stating some. I could care less about who eats what. But I personally get irritated when...

I was raised as a vegetarian too :) And I do think that it tastes bad, but I have no problem with other people eating meat, even if I have to prepare it. And I won't criticize anyone for eating meat in front of me, unless they try to shove it down my throat =]

SylverMoons avatar SylverMoon Yeah You Are +4Reply
@SylverMoon I was raised as a vegetarian too :) And I do think that it tastes bad, but I have no problem with other people...

I'm the same way, except for when people are like "Oooh, there's juice on this meat. Yummm" & start licking it n' stuff. Seriously, get some manners :P

@I'm the same way, except for when people are like "Oooh, there's juice on this meat. Yummm" & start licking it n'...

I know, even if it was something that wasn't meat, it's still manners. And it's common courtesy not to rub your eating habits in other people's faces, you know?

SylverMoons avatar SylverMoon Yeah You Are 0Reply

i'm a vegetarian, but i have absolutely no problem with the fact that other people eat meat. i'm not going to try and convert you if you're eating a cheeseburger in front of me, but like brii says, i'm also going to be annoyed if you criticize me and call me stupid because of my personal choices.

and also, some vegetarians love meat. including me. giving up bacon was the hardest thing i have ever had to do.

@i'm a vegetarian, but i have absolutely no problem with the fact that other people eat meat. i'm not going to try...

Then why did you do it? D: Or just be like some and make exceptions for bacon. :p

@Then why did you do it? D: Or just be like some and make exceptions for bacon. :p

well, most of my family is vegetarian, and have been since i was born, so growing up i never ate a lot of meat. and now, at 18, i really just don't like it. except for bacon. glorious, glorious bacon.
i have been known to stray for those strips of deliciousness, but other than that, it wasn't a very big leap for me.

What's with all the hate about vegetarians? Let them eat what they eat and you can eat what you want to eat. If they criticize you about what you eat, well then maybe you shouldn't eat with vegetarians. But not all vegetarians are the ones that care if animals are slaughtered. Some have medical reasons or just don't like it. Is it such a big deal? Why doesn't everyone just focus on their own diet.

I'm glad you specified "some". I haven't been eating meat in the last year or so just because I was getting ill after eating it. But, I don't have a problem when other people eat meat. Heck, I know how good it can taste. It drives me crazy when I hear about vegetarians picking on meat-eaters for eating meat. It's annoying. They definitely give us other vegetarians a bad name!

@392943

That's your opinion. But there's no denying SOME vegetarians do act like this. All of my friends minus two are vegetarians and they act like this without even realizing it sometimes. Some of them even admit to feeling superior to meat eaters. I'm also not saying I don't like vegetarians as people. I'm saying I don't like the way SOME come across. And as for not talking to them that's ridiculous seeing as I'm friends with vegetarians.

i'm a vegetarian & i hate when people are like that. Although, most aren't, there's always someone who ruins a rep.

I honestly don't have a problem with vegetarians if their reason is that they don't like meat. Its all those that are misinformed and think meat is unhealthy, unsafe, bad for the environment, the animals are treated badly, etc that I have a problem with. I don't mind when vegetarians challenge me because I have been trained on how to advocate beef and I am equipped with the knowledge I need to inform them with the truth.

@codirenae I honestly don't have a problem with vegetarians if their reason is that they don't like meat. Its all those that...

"i am equipped with the knowledge I need to inform them with the truth"

you sound just like one of those scary evangelical christians.

maybe you should read up on things other than just how to "advocate beef". chooseveg.com has tons of facts on how meat is unhealthy for you and bad for the environment.

Lindss avatar Linds No Way 0Reply
@Linds maybe you should read up on things other than just how to "advocate beef". chooseveg.com has tons of facts on how...

have you seen these things first hand? Have you actually been there in person and watched it? And I have looked at those websites. I have looked at them plenty of times and like I aid their main goal is the abolishment of animal agriculture. Meat is very healthy and good for the environment. Go ahead and throw something at me off of one of those websites and I will very gladly give you my rebuttal.

@codirenae have you seen these things first hand? Have you actually been there in person and watched it? And I have looked at...

"Adopting a vegetarian diet is a powerful way to prevent heart attacks. Animal foods are high in saturated fat, but plant foods are low in saturated fat. Since cholesterol is found only in animal products, such as meat, dairy, and eggs, plant foods are cholesterol-free."
"Cattle grazing is a serious threat to endangered species, both in the western United States and in the rainforests of South America.
In the United States, grazing has contributed to the demise of 26% of federal threatened and endangered species"
"A groundbreaking 2006 United Nations report found that raising animals for food generates more greenhouse gases than all the cars and trucks in the world combined"

Lindss avatar Linds No Way 0Reply
@Linds "Adopting a vegetarian diet is a powerful way to prevent heart attacks. Animal foods are high in saturated fat, but...

1. The fats found in beef and other meats are the same as those found in olive oil. 2. 85% of land in the united states is unsuitable for growing crops but can be used for grazing cattle. Therefore, grazing cattle actually doubles the area of land that can be used for food. 3. Livestock production accounts for only around 3% of greenhouse gs emissions and the entire American agricultural sector accounts for only 6.4%.

@codirenae 1. The fats found in beef and other meats are the same as those found in olive oil. 2. 85% of land in the united...

well im not saying i sit here and drink olive oil as opposed to meat. Im saying that the fats and cholesterol in meat is much higher than in vegetarian alternatives, thus making it a healthier lifestyle. The human body wasnt made for meat nor was it made for dairy. Dairy milk is meant for calves, and yet people breed cows constantly to keep them producing milk. Regardless of what some land can be used for, these farms are still cutting down forests, such as the amazon, for grazing. I'm sorry but i think that trees are far more important than meat. Okay well cows alone emit 16 percent of the worlds annual production of methane gas just through the process of digestion. Not to mention, their manure, fertilizer, and even their burps emit large amounts of greenhouse gases each year.

Lindss avatar Linds No Way 0Reply
@Linds well im not saying i sit here and drink olive oil as opposed to meat. Im saying that the fats and cholesterol in...

I don't recall saying you drink olive oil. That would be pretty gross. And there are meat options that are lower in cholesterol and fat. There are 29 cuts of lean beef, for example. And our bodies actually were made to eat meat. We are omnivores. Our teeth are designed for eating meat. You may not have noticed the four pointy teeth in your mouth, but those are called incisors and are made for ripping and tearing meat. And dairy cows produce large amounts of milk. There is honestly too much there for the calves to get on their own. Honestly, I'm not an expert on the dairy industry so I will not linger on that. And you may not know this, but burping is part of the digestion process and the product of this process is manure which is often used as fertilizer. And 16% is either an exaggerated number or includes factors which should not be included in determining this number.

@codirenae I don't recall saying you drink olive oil. That would be pretty gross. And there are meat options that are lower in...

Actually our bodies were originally created to be herbivores. It wasn't until original sin that animals began to eat others. But I'm not going to go in to that because I don't know what you believe. I'm not saying that cows dont produce large amounts of milk, I'm saying that the calves are the only ones who need the milk and that the dairy industry cuts a cows lifespan in half by forcing them to breed so they continue to produce the milk. And no 16 percent is not me exaggerating, i looked that number up on a website that tells all about how the meat industry pollutes the world.
And ee the problem with your arguement is that you know beef, but thats it. These farms mistreat pigs and chickens too, in fact the chickens have it worser than any other animal. There is actually a farm in Ohio, relatively close to me, that just confessed to cruelty to the animals they have there.

Lindss avatar Linds No Way 0Reply
@Linds Actually our bodies were originally created to be herbivores. It wasn't until original sin that animals began to...

1 by saying "worser" you have lost any and all credibility to me. #2 I didn't say you exaggerated the number, I'm saying the source did. And what website was that? Because if its PETA, HSUS or PCRM then obviously they are going to make it sound worse than it actually is. #3 I don't remember if it was you I said it to or not, but there are bad apples in every bunch and there will be some farmers and ranchers that mistreat their animals. However, this is not condoned by others in the industry and there are several programs in place with the goal of preventing this. Finally, I may not know everything there is to know on every aspect of the industry but I do have first hand experience and know many farmers and ranchers and all of them respect their animals and the land and make producing a safe, wholesome and nutritious product.

@codirenae 1 by saying "worser" you have lost any and all credibility to me. #2 I didn't say you exaggerated the number, I'm...

ok i didnt mean to type worser, everytime i get past about 15 lines of text on this the type box keeps shifting to the top and i can't read what im typing. I got it from chooseveg.com like i mentioned before. Im not saying every farm does this but many do. Some places are now starting to use the process of free range, which means the animals, like chickens, are allowed to roam freely instead of being caged. But alot of places havent made the switch. Either way in places like these animals are capable of reaching their full life expectancy, or even half of it. and yes i know real farmers as well and they treat their animals with respect because they are their animals and they care about their well being. In places like im talking about the workers dont care, when they get frustrated they take out their anger on defenseless animals.

Lindss avatar Linds No Way 0Reply
@Linds ok i didnt mean to type worser, everytime i get past about 15 lines of text on this the type box keeps shifting to...

well most places aren't like that. And that is one of those websites with the goal of converting the world to a plant based diet. I have a question: are you a vegetarian? And if so, why?

@codirenae well most places aren't like that. And that is one of those websites with the goal of converting the world to a...

yes i am. Well I am for many reasons, when I first started thinking about making the switch it was because next year i start college and I'm going for veterinary and I wanted to do more to help animals. And this summer, I started helping out a farm, cleaning stalls and stuff like that, and they had two cows there. And every day I would go pet them, and they were the funniest, cutest things, and I really didn't like the thought that I was eating cows just like these.
Then I went and did some research on being vegetairan to show my parents that it really is a healthy alternative so they wouldn't object to it and i found that it is really healthy.
Also I have a dvd at home that i got a few years ago at warped tour that i had never watched. It interviewed a whole bunch of bands and showed clips from these farms. And the clips they showed are things that I'll never forget seeing. It really put it into perspective that the meat you're eating doesnt come from a nice...

Lindss avatar Linds No Way 0Reply

happy cow that get to live for say 20 years before dying a natural death before turning up in stores for people to eat. After watching that meat was just repulsive to me so I made the switch. I found it incredidbly easy to do and I feel so much better for it.

Lindss avatar Linds No Way 0Reply
@Linds happy cow that get to live for say 20 years before dying a natural death before turning up in stores for people to...

I can understand being close to the animals and not wanting to eat meat because I was that way with my hogs until I realized that we raise them to be eaten. But honestly I would not want to eat meat from an animal that died of natural causes because it would either be infected with a disease that could have killed the animal or tough and gross due to coming from a really old animal.

@codirenae I can understand being close to the animals and not wanting to eat meat because I was that way with my hogs until I...

well yeah i understand that whatever killed the animal could affect the quality of the meat, i just say that because you know as a kid you dont think that these animals are being killed, you picture them as the happy farm animals you see in like your home town.

Lindss avatar Linds No Way 0Reply
@Linds well yeah i understand that whatever killed the animal could affect the quality of the meat, i just say that...

well they are animals like you see in your home town. Farmers and ranchers know that an unhealthy animal will not yield a good product so they do whatever is necessary to ensure the animals are healthy and happy.

@codirenae well they are animals like you see in your home town. Farmers and ranchers know that an unhealthy animal will not...

i know there are but those are the only aninals that are really treated the way they deserve to be because for most farmers the well being of that animal equals out to the well being of their family.

Lindss avatar Linds No Way 0Reply

I grew up a "meatatarian" but decided, meat is disgusting (for me), so I wanna be a vegetarian! So...here I am!

ShioryKyokos avatar ShioryKyoko Yeah You Are 0Reply

i do not shove my vegetarianism on people but when they ask why the hell im a vegetarian i let them kno how i find it repulsive to eat something tat was alive and breathing feeling emotions and thinking similar to how a human would b

(anothervegetarian) I don't know if you have heard of them, but there are these really cool places called far ms where animals are allowed to roam freely in huge pastures and graze on all the grass they want. Then, when their time comes, they are humanely killed to feed humans. Just as God intended them to be.

any of you assholes ever met a vegetarian?

Vegetarians are a lot less self-righteous than YOU.

Do you all feel good about murdering animals? Because every time I see a piece of meat being eaten, I see a dismembered animal being unceremoniously shoved into a human mouth, with them not caring less.

@Do you all feel good about murdering animals? Because every time I see a piece of meat being eaten, I see a...

That's funny, every time I see an animal I see a delicious meal. I guess we're all different.

@Especially if it is bacon... bacon is just orgasmic...

I had an ostrich steak once. I don't know if it was the ostrich or just the way it was cooked, but it was absolutely delicious.

@LewisL I had an ostrich steak once. I don't know if it was the ostrich or just the way it was cooked, but it was...

I know several people that were vegetarians for 5+ years until they had bacon... then they just couldn't handle it. buahaha

People like you are the reason I hate telling others I don't eat meat.

I like that the op said SOME because we're not all self important jerks like you. Let me do my thing and I'll let you do yours. If people want to put something you think is gross in THEIR mouth, let them. Who cares!?

SickLoveLetters avatar SickLoveLetter Yeah You Are +8Reply

Do you look at other carnivorous/omnivorous animals with disgust also? Or just humans? I am just curious...

@Do you look at other carnivorous/omnivorous animals with disgust also? Or just humans? I am just curious...

The difference between humans and other animals that eat meat is that humans overkill and add all these gross hormones, and the animals are kept in inhumane conditions before they're slaughtered. Most animals (except our pets that have some sort of meat mixed in to their food, i don't really agree with that, but otherwise my pets wouldn't get what they need, they NEED meat, unlike me) have to go out and hunt their food and the food isn't wasted.
Though I voted up on the post because even though I don't eat meat and I know how disgusting the meat is doesn't mean you have to stop eating meat. It's your choice and I'm not bothered by it.
But I guess part of the reason I don't mind it is because I would eat meat if the animals were free range, grass fed, and were killed humanely. But that'll never happen.

@The difference between humans and other animals that eat meat is that humans overkill and add all these gross...

there are plenty of options for free range and grass fed meat and animals are treated and harvested humanely.

and not all animals are given hormones and the reason some are is to be able to produce more pounds of lean muscle with fewer resources. Hormones really aren't all that bad.

Anonymous