+774

It makes you sad when you see a dead animal on the side of the road, because you know they got hit in the middle of the road but still had enough strength to crawl off to the side before finally dying, amirite?

Rebels avatar
3 33
The voters have decided that Rebel is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Or something had the decency to drag them off to the side. :(

Or they just get hit so hard that they fly a couple of yards to the side...

Actually, that thought never entered my mind. Now I can guarantee it will every time :(

Okay people, those of you saying someone probably dragged them off to the side clearly are not drivers, because I don't know anyone who would stop and move a dead animal with their bare hands when they're doing 100 Km/h down the back roads. Plus no one is going to drive onto the shoulder and hit an animal unless they're really not paying attention. I've seen enough roadkill to know that animals that get die in the middle of the road tend to explode and have their guts get splattered all over the place.

Rebels avatar Rebel Yeah You Are +8Reply

Or we could just chalk it up to bad driving and not make everyone feel sad.

I was wondering how the poor things always got off the road... Somehow I never though of that

Sometimes they're hit on the side of the road.

they are moved to the side of the road. they don't crawl off.

Thanks. I had never, ever thought of that before. T_T

well thanks for making me think that now...

My dog got run over in front of me when I was younger. I saw him take his last breath. A lady who was passing by stopped by to ask me if I was okay. It was such a sad moment. :(

@KaySeas My dog got run over in front of me when I was younger. I saw him take his last breath. A lady who was passing by...

I also saw one of my pets get run over:( Then i also saw my cat getting torn apart by two dogs.

I didn’t see mine get hit, but my aunt did. The person who hit her didn’t even stop. They just swerved a little and kept going.

@KaySeas Yeah, the person didn't stop when they hit my dog either. :( What assholes!

Some people are just evil. I would at least apologize, especially if someone saw me do it! Heartless people.

thats so sad

My dog got run over by a truck, the owner of the truck stopped I watched in horror until my dog walked back over to me like nothing had happened.

People usually drag larger animals off to the side. But with smaller animals, they are usually hit so hard that they fly off the the side.

There are people who actually are paid to move roadkill off the roads so as not to cause damage to other vehicles. But it's sad and disgusting when you see people swerve to purpously take out a mother turkey and mow her chicks down too.

Or someone moves them to the side...

umm, they dont normally drag themselves off. if the people who hit them had any decency they pull them off so other cars don't hit them and so that their offspring/ herd dont come onto the road and investigate and get killed too

i think it's terrible that they are just left to die like that. they don't usually die right away

rachelllleeeees avatar rachelllleeeee Yeah You Are 0Reply

Or they were hit so hard that they just flew to the side of the road. It's sad :( I saw tons of armadillos when I lived in Texas, but they were never alive...

OhPleases avatar OhPlease Yeah You Are 0Reply

nothing screams joy and world peace like seeing a "cat" get mauled and destroyed. Ahhhhhhh good feelings.