+172

People shouldn't call the United States, "America", because America is also South America and Mexico and Canada are part of North America also, amirite?

RiddlesAreHards avatar
2 5
The voters have decided that RiddlesAreHard is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I guess I kinda get what you're saying. But when people tend to say what country their from, they say the country, not the continent. People from the USA say they're from America because it's easier than saying United States of America.
If you're from a country in South America, you don't say you're from "South America", you would say the country.
And our country just happens to be America xD lol.

It's the united states of America

@It's the united states of America

But again, America can also be Mexico and Canada and South America because they are all in an "America"

RiddlesAreHards avatar RiddlesAreHard Yeah You Are 0Reply

Yeah, but I do it all the time unless I'm trying to distinguish North America from South America.

ilostmyshoes avatar ilostmyshoe Yeah You Are 0Reply