+4,049

According to parents, we're too young for love, too old for "fun," too mature to play dumb, and too immature for "grown up" conversations. No wonder teens are so rebellious; there's nothing else to do, amirite?

Tweedledees avatar
368 71
The voters have decided that Tweedledee is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

This reminds me of two things my F.P.S. (English) teacher told my class. One day: "You act like my four year old granddaughter!" A few days later: "Now this book has some mature content, but I know you guys ca handle it."

tododapurplecows avatar tododapurplecow Yeah You Are +63Reply

We're also too old to tease our siblings [who tease us first], but too young to go do something else- like hang out with just 2 friends at the mall.

Katffros avatar Katffro Yeah You Are +52Reply
@Katffro We're also too old to tease our siblings [who tease us first], but too young to go do something else- like hang out...

it really annoys me how my brothers can like punch me and just because they're younger they get away with it .-.

Tweedledees avatar Tweedledee Yeah You Are +42Reply
@cheer4mia I feel your pain. my brother hits me, no big deal. but if i hit him im dead.

same here O.e and he doesn't hit me with punches,he'll throw whatever he has in his hands at me,If I even as much as poke him(literally),my mom would kill me,he can throw a toy truck at my face and apparently he would be too small for it to even hurt.

Deathbubbles avatar Deathbubble Yeah You Are +25Reply
@Deathbubble same here O.e and he doesn't hit me with punches,he'll throw whatever he has in his hands at me,If I even as much...

My bro used to do the same thing. Now he just hits, kicks or even bites me O.o My mom thinks nothing of this should hurt because "I'm older, I hit harder." and "I've felt it when he hits, it doesn't hurt at all." Sigh.

cheer4mias avatar cheer4mia Yeah You Are +17Reply
@cheer4mia My bro used to do the same thing. Now he just hits, kicks or even bites me O.o My mom thinks nothing of this should...

Little kids hurt. I say something to my brother, and he punches me [hard], so I hit him [not hard at all] but he starts crying and hitting me, and /I/ get yelled at. He is eleven. I DON'T HIT HARD.
Parents are just so biased.

Katffros avatar Katffro Yeah You Are +25Reply
@Katffro Little kids hurt. I say something to my brother, and he punches me [hard], so I hit him [not hard at all] but he...

parents are completely biased, I tend to talk a lot so whenever I go to "tell my side of the story" when my little sister and I get in a fight no matter what happened, what I say, or even whether she saw what went on she says "I don't want to hear 30 minutes of explanation, now I'm warning you stop being mean or you're grounded"

528491s avatar 528491 Yeah You Are +10Reply

I know! Same here. "They can't hurt you; they're little." UH NO. They should try being punches by my 6 year old brother. It actually hurts quite a lot. Even though he's really young hes stronger than you'd think

Tweedledees avatar Tweedledee Yeah You Are +24Reply
@Tweedledee I know! Same here. "They can't hurt you; they're little." UH NO. They should try being punches by my 6 year old...

Yeah! Little kids are surprisingly strong. My brother is 9 and it hurts a lot. Parents just don't see that i guess.

cheer4mias avatar cheer4mia Yeah You Are +22Reply
@My sister can beat me up! And she's 8! That's sad... i know.

Not really. Young kids get HUGE adrenaline rushes. My brother, 8 at the time, almost beat up my older, 14 yr old sister.

Katffros avatar Katffro Yeah You Are +23Reply

Well atleast Pedo Bear will accept us as long as we're teenagers(under 18 anyway)! That's our only option as this age I guess!!!

But apparently everyone is the right age to complain.

@BreakfastFan But apparently everyone is the right age to complain.

939777 (BreakfastFan): Well, yeah, everybody complains once in a while...

YES

cheer4mias avatar cheer4mia Yeah You Are +30Reply
@cheer4mia YES

Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Dwights avatar Dwight Yeah You Are +20Reply
@Dwight Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

huh? i was just saying that i completely agree with this post.

cheer4mias avatar cheer4mia Yeah You Are +9Reply

Does anyone sometimes feel like the whole teen rebellion culture is just some manufactured exaggeration which plays on our feelings of mild uncertainty that all teens go through in order to sell us trendy stuff?

/postmodern condition

(Philosopher) nice.

(anonymous) what the fuck are you talking about?

I'm glad our parents care and all, but sometimes they do need to fill our shoes for a day.
My little sister calls me ugly, I get told to ignore it.
I say she's annoying, I get grounded.
I'm told that I need to do things on my own and take responsibility, but I can't have a thing out of place in my room. If you think I'm old enough to handle things on my own how can you not trust me to know when my room needs cleaning? I can be the judge of that if I can do my own laundry and cook my own food.
As soon as I move out, my room will not be perfectly clean and I STILL WON'T CARE!

inb4 cool story bro

@I'm glad our parents care and all, but sometimes they do need to fill our shoes for a day. My little sister calls...

I thought that was a pretty cool story, thanks bro. Now I know what it's like to have annoying siblings

@I'm sure your little sister feels like she gets treated unfairly too.

Oh no, she knows she can get away with pretty much anything.

@Oh no, she knows she can get away with pretty much anything.

That's what I mean. in every sibling rivalship each one thinks the other one gets away with everything, sometimes it's true, but usually both people think they are the one that always gets treated unfairly. In your case, it might be true, but it usually doesn't go down that way.

EXACTLY!

Kellies avatar Kellie Yeah You Are +7Reply

I like this post. It doesn't apply much to me since my mom is pretty fair, but it's good.

I'm eating chips.

@940488

Whaaat?

Tweedledees avatar Tweedledee Yeah You Are 0Reply
@940390

DIE BITCH.

@940390

You evolved. Good for you

donpatchs avatar donpatch Yeah You Are +6Reply
@940390

That's wonderful do tell me more

Tweedledees avatar Tweedledee Yeah You Are +3Reply
@940390

Did your King say you could evolve?

@940428

fun and dumb rhyme? since when?

well... You could be the ipposite of rebellious...

@Batman well... You could be the ipposite of rebellious...

*opposite
An ipposite sounds like some sort of baby hippo...

jessepinkmans avatar jessepinkman Yeah You Are +11Reply
@942030

They're doritos.

@Roy They're doritos.

twitch twitch...GOOOOO POKEBALL!

@947684

or nacho cheese? those are the best.

cheer4mias avatar cheer4mia Yeah You Are 0Reply
@947684

Nacho cheese........

@949097

From a fun size bag.

ye ur rit man its tru. i rlly tink so.im eatin cndycanes lmFao xxx luv ya all bitches

Mehh

freddos avatar freddo No Way -5Reply
@939790

... That's an awful thing to say. That's like saying, "This kid hit me yesterday, so I'm going to kick that kid over there for being within spitting distance."

Buttss avatar Butts Yeah You Are +29Reply
@942429

That's... not what I was saying at all. I'm saying, if you're frustrated at your parents, why would you wait to do the same thing to your kids just for the sake of taking your own turn at it?

Buttss avatar Butts Yeah You Are +7Reply
@942449

Because I'm not an only child and I can see how well her teachings worked with my older brother. :P

Buttss avatar Butts Yeah You Are +3Reply
@942482

My older brother is the biggest jackass anybody who's ever met him has ever met.

Buttss avatar Butts Yeah You Are +2Reply
@939790

booooo :P

Your parents are just trying to make sure you don't end up a slut on the streets. Maybe you should be grateful.

@Your parents are just trying to make sure you don't end up a slut on the streets. Maybe you should be grateful.

Did you actually read the post or did you just assume it said "mah parentz r so flipehn gaaayyy"

Philosophers avatar Philosopher Yeah You Are +134Reply
@939895

U just jelly

@940310

Is it only POTDs that you're jelly of?

@940475

Why does everyone call me a dick?!

I should just go throw myself off my balcony...

@940506

I still don't understand why your avatar is a dolphin. And now the dolphin is giving a lapdance to a horse. Consider me confused.