-328

I'm not a bastard because I don't have much sympathy for injured soldiers, it's a risk that is part of their job, amirite?

Bear_Shebas avatar
3 60
The voters have decided that Bear_Sheba is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

But the fact that they were brave enough to take the risk is worth respecting.

@1218332

Is there anything/anyone you feel sympathy for?

@Is there anything/anyone you feel sympathy for?

people who didnt expect it to happen...

dickys avatar dicky Yeah You Are 0Reply
@dicky people who didnt expect it to happen...

Soldiers don't expect it to happen any more than you expect be hit by a bus. It's not their jobs to lose limbs, it's their job to protect us. If they get injured, it's an unfortunate incident that should not have happened.

@Soldiers don't expect it to happen any more than you expect be hit by a bus. It's not their jobs to lose limbs...

Do you not know that soliders are well aware that they are at an insanely high risk of getting injured compared to an average Joe who happens to get hit by a bus?

@Do you not know that soliders are well aware that they are at an insanely high risk of getting injured compared to...

So just because they are willing to face a higher amount of risk, they dont deserve sympathy?

UM...
yeah they expect it a lot more than I expect to get hit by a bus. Plus I assume I need something from across the street, they joined the army cuz they wanted to play COD real life. Its a high risk job, and theyd be a MORON to not know that.

I'll frame it this way:

You cross the road, not because you like to dodge cars. You cross the road to get to the other side. But there is a risk that you might get hit by a bus, and at the time of crossing the road,you don't expect it to happen to you, but you know that accidents happen. So, if you get hit by a bus, do you deserve sympathy or not

@I'll frame it this way: You cross the road, not because you like to dodge cars. You cross the road to get to the...

the point of corssing the road isnt to get hurt. the point of being in battle is to hurt people. not comparable.

dickys avatar dicky Yeah You Are 0Reply
@dicky the point of corssing the road isnt to get hurt. the point of being in battle is to hurt people. not comparable.

So you're saying there is no difference between a soldier and a murderer?

People don't sign up because they like to hurt or kill people (If they do, they're psychopaths) They sign up to defend their country. To protect their people. That is the point of battle, not mass murder.

@So you're saying there is no difference between a soldier and a murderer? People don't sign up because they like...

yes. that is exactly what i said. no difference. what. so. ever.

you know, you shouldnt assume. when you assume, you make an ass out of u and me. but mostly you.

dickys avatar dicky Yeah You Are -1Reply
@dicky yes. that is exactly what i said. no difference. what. so. ever. you know, you shouldnt assume. when you assume...

You obviously have no respect for soldiers then. Pointless arguing with someone like you.

dickys avatar dicky Yeah You Are 0Reply
@dicky Oh yes, obviously. Again, ass+u+me. See second comment.

I didn't assume. You've proven that you have no respect for soldiers.

@I didn't assume. You've proven that you have no respect for soldiers.

respect doesnt mean the same thing as sympathy, pussy anon. lol
by not having sympathy, that means i dont respect. you tottaly didnt assume.

dickys avatar dicky Yeah You Are 0Reply
@dicky respect doesnt mean the same thing as sympathy, pussy anon. lol by not having sympathy, that means i dont respect...

You have admitted that you don't have sympathy for soldiers. And you've just proven that you don't have respect for them.

Would you also not have much sympathy for a fireman who died saving your family from a burning building?

@FlyingGuineaPig Would you also not have much sympathy for a fireman who died saving your family from a burning building?

they probably wouldnt. and if they did, its because he effected you personally. the soldier KNEW going into it what the risk was, and did it anyways. his choice. some people just dont have empathy for people who go into things and getting the consequence they expected. besides that, it says injured, not dead. so maybe they would feel empathy for one who died.

dickys avatar dicky Yeah You Are +1Reply
@dicky they probably wouldnt. and if they did, its because he effected you personally. the soldier KNEW going into it what...

What if you're in a building and it catches fire? You're trying to escape but you notice there is a child in a room very close to you. You go in to save the child and somehow end up in the hospital with third degree burns. The parents of the child come to you and say "Meh! you knew you were taking a risk...why should i even care if you ended up in the hospital!"

@What if you're in a building and it catches fire? You're trying to escape but you notice there is a child in a...

Didnt set the building on fire on purpose. They join the army on purpose. Not comparable.

dickys avatar dicky Yeah You Are -3Reply
@dicky Didnt set the building on fire on purpose. They join the army on purpose. Not comparable.

They didn't start the war on purpose! They only joined to help and protect! You didn't start the fire! You only went in there to save and protect!

@dicky REALLY?! THEY DIDNT START THE WAR?!?! :o

You must be a very big idiot if you think soldiers are the ones who start wars. I pity you.

empathy: being able to relate to someone else's feeling because you've experienced them before... you can feel empathy for someone who dies... because you've obviously never died.

@empathy: being able to relate to someone else's feeling because you've experienced them before... you can feel...

(CPT. Obvious): OOH i messed up empathy and symathy, even though the post says sympathy, we can't just assume i was talking about the same thing.

dickys avatar dicky Yeah You Are 0Reply
@i usually assume you are talking about.... well, what you talk about.

(CPT. Obvious): i am talking about the post, so assume i am talking about the same thing the post it.

dickys avatar dicky Yeah You Are 0Reply

I would have a lot of sympathy for this person, he is helping to save his compatriots lives at the expense of his own. The same cannot be said for Political wars that have no relevance to national security beyond a weak Casus Belli argument.

Bear_Shebas avatar Bear_Sheba Yeah You Are 0Reply

To the douches who yya this: injury and sickness is a risk of life. Dont expect any sympathy when you get some terrible disease. You knew there was a chance of getting it

Wescats avatar Wescat No Way +11Reply

Being in the army is not a job. It's a form of sacrifice.

So not supporting the soldiers puts you at risk of being an illegitimate child? Hmmmmm...

They definitely derserve our respect, no question. They knew the risks when they signed up.

OhSnapWords avatar OhSnapWord Yeah You Are +8Reply

Why does this only apply to soldiers? Life is a risk in itself. Everytime you cross the road, you're taking the risk of being run over. And if you get run over by some drunk driver and end up in the hospital, you would want some sympathy from your friends or family, right?

@Why does this only apply to soldiers? Life is a risk in itself. Everytime you cross the road, you're taking the...

you didnt chose to get hit by a drunk driver. You chose to drive, and getting hit is not part of driving. getting hurt and injured is part of war, and unless they were drafted, they knew the risk.

@dicky you didnt chose to get hit by a drunk driver. You chose to drive, and getting hit is not part of driving. getting...

You chose to cross the road. You KNOW there are risks when you cross the road. In war, people know there is risk, but that doesn't mean they expect to get hurt or killed. Getting hurt is not part of war as not every person who fights gets hurt.

I'm going to assume that you don't know anyone in the army, because I think your views may be different if you did. At the very least, have sympathy for the families and loved ones. I think that if you get hurt trying to protect someone and do the right thing, you deserve sympathy and respect.

@twisted_memories Solid argument.

"I'm going to assume you don't know anyone in the army"
grandpa
uncle
dad
other grandpa

yet, i still dont feel sympathy, even though my second grandpa died.

dickys avatar dicky Yeah You Are 0Reply
@dicky "I'm going to assume you don't know anyone in the army" grandpa uncle dad other grandpa yet, i still dont feel...

This would be why I used "assume" and "may," because I wasn't sure.

Anyway, to each their own. I feel sympathy for your grandpa, uncle, dad, and other grandpa. Also respect. I think that even though you chose to put your life on the line you still deserve sympathy when you lose your life or are injured. More respect than sympathy, yes, but I still think it's warranted.

@twisted_memories This would be why I used "assume" and "may," because I wasn't sure. Anyway, to each their own. I feel sympathy for...

I feel more sympathy for a Iraqi child who is killed by shrapnel from a US mortar shell than the guy who fired it and got killed shortly afterwards.

Bear_Shebas avatar Bear_Sheba Yeah You Are +1Reply

This user: That_guy YYA'd this and he has mentioned in his profile that he is going to the army. applauds

@1218343

I think it's nice that he's willing to do something without expecting sympathy if he loses a limb or something.

You, sir, are a bastard.

I may not agree with your opinion but I will fight to the death to defend it... even if it is your own...

Actually, it does make you a bastard. A giant bastard at that.

In a war like Vietnam or WW2 I have maximum sympathy and respect for the soldiers, many were conscripted and had little choice about fighting. But professional soldiers know full well what the risks are when they serve, it takes courage to serve, but part of that courage is knowing what might happen.

I l smilie this post

afternooners avatar afternooner Yeah You Are -4Reply