+295

It's kind of funny that Kurt Cobain didn't realize that Teen Spirit was a type of deodorant until after the song came out, amirite?

MusicBabes avatar Music
0 11
The voters have decided that MusicBabe is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Teen Spirit is a deodorant? That just shattered my universe. In a good way.

apandasaurusrexs avatar apandasaurusrex Yeah You Are +15Reply
@apandasaurusrex Teen Spirit is a deodorant? That just shattered my universe. In a good way.

I know right? I was watching a document on alternative rock and it was mainly about Nirvana and REM and there was quite a bit of interesting information in it.

MusicBabes avatar MusicBabe Yeah You Are +1Reply
@MusicBabe I know right? I was watching a document on alternative rock and it was mainly about Nirvana and REM and there was...

i think it is realllllyyy funny. he actualy thought that he smelled like "teen spirit" as in actual teenagers spirit. not deodorant

Percys avatar Percy Yeah You Are +1Reply

I know! Dude, it sucked when that happened to me.

Rofl ! that was my first deodarant I ever got :0

It smells like teen spirit in here! ...I know, don't you just love the smell of vanilla chai?!

kahleekats avatar kahleekat Yeah You Are +7Reply

It wasn't his girlfriend, it was Kathleen Hanna from Bikini Kill who spray painted it on his wall

Apparently his ex girlfriend used to wear it so she sprayed "Kurt smells like teen spirit" on his wall, but he didn't know what it meant, and that inspired the song.

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are -1Reply

I guess it could sound like a revolutionary phrase. I didn't even remember there was a deodorant named Teen Spirit when I first heard the song.