+1,632

Finding out your favorite book is being made into a movie can make your day. Finding out who plays the main character can ruin it. amirite?

shorkians avatar Books
19 22
The voters have decided that shorkian is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

and then when you actually see the movie, you cry because Hollywood doesn't know how to read.

Bookworm527s avatar Bookworm527 Yeah You Are +8Reply

I was annoyed with every single actor choice for the Lightning Theif movie. It's like the director completely ignores what they're described as in the book.

@I was annoyed with every single actor choice for the Lightning Theif movie. It's like the director completely...

I was ok with Logan Lerman except Annabeth and Grover helll no. But it kinda urked me that they we seventeen in the movie like what about the prochicy we Percy Turns Sixteen!?!?

@Pleasedonttellme I was ok with Logan Lerman except Annabeth and Grover helll no. But it kinda urked me that they we seventeen in the...

Yeah I guess I was okay with Logan but seriously, everyone else sucked. Actually, the whole plot was different.

(this isn't even close to my favorite book but)
There is a book called wings. It's very popular, especially with fans of twilight (from what I have read) The lead girl is sweet, pale, and blond. Guess who is going to play her in the movie? Miley cyrus.

@(this isn't even close to my favorite book but) There is a book called wings. It's very popular, especially with...

I have no idea what the book's about, but casting Miley Cyrus in anything would ruin it. And I wasn't really thinking about my favorite book when I posted this. I was just thinking back to when I first heard about the Scott Pilgrim movie. I'm not really a fan of Michael Cera.

water for elephants and robert pattinson....No.

@water for elephants and robert pattinson....No.

Robert Pattinson should NOT be playing Jacob. This ruined any chance of me seeing that movie, and I loved the book.

I was really pissed when I watched Speak for the 1st time and I saw that Kristen Stewart plays Melinda. I love the book, but she ruined the movie for me...

Emys avatar Emy Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Emy I was really pissed when I watched Speak for the 1st time and I saw that Kristen Stewart plays Melinda. I love the...

Really? I thought she did a good job of playing Melinda. I mean, if you ignore the fact that she's in Twilight, and just think of her as an actor.

Like when I found out thats guy from Slumdog Millionaire played Zuko in The Last Airbender, I was sooo upset!!!!

@Like when I found out thats guy from Slumdog Millionaire played Zuko in The Last Airbender, I was sooo upset!!!!

I haven't seen Slumdog Millionaire. Also, I didn't know any of the casting info for The Last Airbender until I saw the it, and I think Zuko and Iroh were the only characters even close to done well.

I love Michael Cera! Haha. But, yeah I agree. I liked the book Dear John but I didn't like Channing Tatum, or whatever.

Just today I found out that Vanessa Hudgens might play Katniss in The Hunger Games. sadface

@Just today I found out that Vanessa Hudgens might play Katniss in The Hunger Games. sadface

Well then, that just ruined it for me...

crosses fingers Please cast someone else...

And to think that I really had hope since Suzanne Collins is supposed to be doing the screenplay. Actors/actresses can really ruin the way you perceive characters.

crosses fingers as well

The Perks of Being a Wallflower is going to be a movie and Logan Lerman is playing the main part, Charlie. Which annoys me, because I dislike him, but love Charlie in the book...