-36

You share your parents' political views, amirite?

0 16
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

my parents don't really have political views
i asked my dad what his views were one time and he was like: "ITS ALL BULLSHIT"

On some issues, but my parents are too conservative on so many social issues.

_pi_s avatar _pi_ No Way +8Reply

I don't know my parents' political views

ali_ds avatar ali_d No Way +6Reply
@ali_d I don't know my parents' political views

I came here to say that, and also that I don't even know my own political beliefs really.

I don't have super strong views, but I do tend to lean towards the Democratic side. My parents won't even tell me what party they're registered to. In 2008 I asked who they voted for and they said that it wasn't something I needed to know, so I though most parents didn't tell their kids. I didn't find out that was weird until like a year ago

ali_ds avatar ali_d No Way 0Reply

They're conservative Christians who are pro-life and anti-gay. I'm an atheist who is pro-choice and pro-gay. We try to avoid political conversations...

Madies avatar Madie No Way +4Reply
@Madie They're conservative Christians who are pro-life and anti-gay. I'm an atheist who is pro-choice and pro-gay. We try...

I'm a Christian, but a pretty liberal one, and I'm pro-gay and pro-life. I kind of feel like I could be your mediator since I'm pretty much bang in the middle of you and your parents.

I support the Labour Party (UK politics, on amirite? What's going on?) whereas my parents don't give a flying fuck

Not really. I learned how to think for myself.

@ExtantDodo Not really. I learned how to think for myself.

Having the same opinion as someone else doesn't mean you can't think for yourself.

silvershadow6s avatar silvershadow6 Yeah You Are +18Reply

That's a real generalization to make about people with the same view as their parents. I happen to sympathize with the same party as my parents. However, I discovered this on my own through research and decided my affiliations independently of them. I was not blindly following in their footsteps, and we don't agree on every single thing.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ Yeah You Are +8Reply

While the whole family is right-leaning, my dad and my brother are a lot more conservative than my sister, my mum, and me

As it happens yes.A staunch Labour man in the U.K.-but it's not because of them.I just happen to completely disagree with everything the Tory Party stand for.