+601

Americans call it the bathroom, and Canadians call it the washroom, but half the time there is no tub. Shouldn't it be called the toiletroom? amirite?

2 25

Everyone should just follow us Brits and call it the "loo" :D

Rest room

My brother calls it the "Urination Station".

I'm Canadian, and I don't really use either in specific situations, I just use them at random, but most of the time, I use bathroom.

I'm Canadian and I say both.

In Australia they just call it the toilet. Way to be specific Aussies :]

I'm canadian and i say bathroom...so you should get your facts straight first.

In restaurants , they call them restrooms ..

I am Canadian, and if there is a tub/shower I say bathroom, and if there isn't I say washroom :)

I say washroom when it only has a toilet and sink. I say a bathroom when it includes a tub/shower. I assume other people do to...?

the french have two separate names for it, i'm pretty sure. one is the restroom and one is la toilette.

British people call it the toilet. Voila, problem solved ;)

yeah, but "toilet-room" just doesn't have the same ring to it

im canadian and always call it the loo :) people think im crazy ahaha

in the U.S. navy they call it the head

roflmaos avatar roflmao Yeah You Are 0Reply

Yeah in australia we see we're going to the toilet or I need to go to the toilet. I remember I think an american or maybe english teacher when I was little saying how weird that was. But I think I say bathroom bec it sounds far more polite

I'm from New Zealand and I have a Canadian teacher for maths, I could never understand what she was talking about when she said the 'washroom' but now I know hahah.

Yeah, I went to Canada last week n I surprised they called ' washroom'. Canadian people are more social n helpful than USA. I love them.

I say restroom in public. Bathroom at home.

Or in the rest of the fucking world they call them water closets.