+280

You would never have children on purpose if it's almost guaranteed that they'll come out with some sort of damage. Just adopt a kid if you want one. amirite?

Kurrainettes avatar
0 16
The voters have decided that Kurrainette is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

This probably makes me a terrible person, but if I was pregnant and the doctor told me that my baby was going to have a severe mental disability, I would get an abortion. I don't think I would be able to handle that.

Meagans avatar Meagan Yeah You Are +10Reply
@Meagan This probably makes me a terrible person, but if I was pregnant and the doctor told me that my baby was going to...

You're going to get a lot of hate for that, but at least you're honest.

The way I think of it, there's no use screwing up both lives (the parent who can't properly care for the child and the child itself) for the sake of the fetus who, speaking metaphorically, has no life.

brunetterox915s avatar brunetterox915 Yeah You Are +1Reply

I also think I would get one too.

And this is only my belief, but I believe that an aborted baby wouldn't even really go to heaven, but just go to another pregnant woman or something to be born there.
I can't really picture a person's heaven when they don't even technically like or value anything yet...

@I also think I would get one too. And this is only my belief, but I believe that an aborted baby wouldn't even...

I could attack you on so many things there. First of all, not everybody considers a fetus as a baby or as human life yet. Even doctors don't consider fetuses as "babies".

Second, babies (or, I guess, fetuses as well) go to heaven if they die because they are so innocent and haven't committed any sins yet or have even had the chance to. They go to heaven by default.

That came up when we were learning about genetics in seventh grade. Then the teacher gestured to me with the whiteboard marker and said, "Like FlyingGuineaPig." Then I remembered that, earlier in the week, I'd done my family trait chart on severe and debilitating food allergies (which make family reunions rather difficult, I can tell you. We have to disband at every meal and go eat in private.) and ever since then I've been struggling with the moral implications of having children.

If there was someway I could find out before the babymaking began, of course. If my hypothetical girlfriend/wife in the future and I discovered some months into the pregnancy that the baby would be born with some big birth defect or disability or whatever (Except small things like a lazy eye) my answer would be abortion....now I'm gonna hope there won't be some stupid debate about abortion.

@MrTie If there was someway I could find out before the babymaking began, of course. If my hypothetical girlfriend/wife in...

I wouldn't know personally, but from what I've heard, once you are far enough into the pregnancy to see defects, you'll be too attached to kill it. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the impression I get. And I'm not trying to start a debate, I'm just saying.

@chocolatecakeisbad I wouldn't know personally, but from what I've heard, once you are far enough into the pregnancy to see defects...

Yeah I can understand that. But there are exceptions like if the baby is suppose to be born with something extreme like extra limbs, severe mental disorder, some other disease or birth defect that drastically changes the baby's look and condition. It would be kinda cruel if the baby was still healthy as a horse to let it grow up and realize its very very different from the rest of the world, and not in a good way.

When you say damage do you mean like something big like they will die of disease or something small like they have a lazy eye?

I wouldn't know

Uhm not to ruin the post or anything but adopted kids are born exactly the same as unadopted kids. So technically wouldn't the adopted kids have some form of "damage" too?