+773

Eating healthy isn't quite healthy for your wallet. amirite?

IAMSTORMs avatar
3 10
The voters have decided that IAMSTORM is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Your wallet DOES lose weight though.

DontJudges avatar DontJudge Yeah You Are +3Reply

No doubt... and yet they go on and on about how we have too many fat and poor people. eyeroll

And that, my friends, is the reason why so many people are overweight. Junk food is cheap.

It does cost more time and unfortunately, money to eat healthier. But it doesn't help either when a large sum of the population can't define what a calorie is.

Hahahahahahaha

IAMSTORMs avatar IAMSTORM Yeah You Are 0Reply

In American a large sized popcorn in twice the volume as a large sized popcorn in Canada, maybe that says something about American food...

I don't know if healthy food is really more expensive, but my mom thinks so, and so she refuses to buy much of it. Which makes it hard for me to lose weight, because if I tried to eat enough of the food she does buy (enough to not STARVE), I'd kill myself trying to exercise it off & do my extra curricular activities & schoolwork. D;

50 years ago, Americans spent 20% of their incomes on food; now, that figure is down to 10%. So there's an illusion that healthy food is too expensive, but it's really the mindset that we've adopted towards food. We used to think that good food was a valuable investment.

Then don't eat.